Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Don't sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sack Buckley. I'm convinced he's the man for the job, and if we are patient (it's hard at the moment I know) he will bring us sustained success going forward.

However, fwiw, and based solely as an outsider looking in, I think we could do with a couple of important changes within the club.

Firstly, get rid of those 'Leading Teams' consultants. There is way too much introspection, and psycho babble going on in our club. There are way too many meetings and group counseling sessions, instead of time spent learning how to kick the f*cking ball properly! This is a football club FFS; the players know what they need to do. 'T-Group' practices were exposed as deeply flawed back in the 60s but some consultants are making a shit load of dosh re-packaging it and selling it as some miracle cure. It's destructive and considered as such in management academic circles.

Secondly, I would like us to appoint a strong willed and experienced assistant, to provide a contrary opinion to Bucks. I may be wrong but I get the feeling that he is currently surrounded by yes men. I may be mistaken here, but I think it's always good to have ideas, game-plans and the like challenged and questioned.

Finally, Travis Cloke must be dropped or made to crawl around the oval at training on his hands and knees for his insipid displays all year. I don't care if he misses marks or misses goals, but a bloke his size and with his supposed elite engine, should be running and smashing packs throughout the game.

I can't think of anything else, but if I do I'll post it. I'm fed up at present, but am loathe to hold Bucks to account for all the problems which seemingly go deeper than that imo.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:50 pm

jackcass wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
just wow guys, no wonder we are shit.

Eddie it seems will destroy our once great club before doing the right thing... there is no... wait until the end of the season because we don't want to seem like knee jerk and maybe Bucks might come good.... he's crap and everyone but the loyalist of Pies supporters has known it for years - I have been waiting years, I'm going to have to wait years during our 'real' recovery, and now it seems even more so because obviously this man cannot be sacked... he just keeps blaming the players and Eddie is his #$@%!%## (edited) - its beyond ridiculous

Eddie will destroy this club.... seriously... that's what you believe or it's just over-the-top hysteria?

Eddie himself said that he would sack Bucks if the need arose, a couple of overly impatient posters on Nicks clearly doesn't qualify as "the need".

How fast they forget when eddie took over we were an absolute basket case financially, in risk of insovency. Eddie turned all that around. Im not saying eddie should be Prez for life, but for chrissakes, he deserves credit for what he did back then, look at our sponsors and bank balance now. Exclamation Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Eddie it seems will destroy our once great club before doing the right thing... there is no... wait until the end of the season because we don't want to seem like knee jerk and maybe Bucks might come good.... he's crap and everyone but the loyalist of Pies supporters has known it for years - I have been waiting years, I'm going to have to wait years during our 'real' recovery, and now it seems even more so because obviously this man cannot be sacked... he just keeps blaming the players and Eddie is his #$@%!%## (edited) - its beyond ridiculous

Eddie will destroy this club.... seriously... that's what you believe or it's just over-the-top hysteria?

Eddie himself said that he would sack Bucks if the need arose, a couple of overly impatient posters on Nicks clearly doesn't qualify as "the need".

How fast they forget when eddie took over we were an absolute basket case financially, in risk of insovency. Eddie turned all that around. Im not saying eddie should be Prez for life, but for chrissakes, he deserves credit for what he did back then, look at our sponsors and bank balance now. Exclamation Confused

Collingwood were never going to fall over.
It was never going to happen.
The AFL would have stepped in, the fans would have donated like hell.
And the TV rights went up and up and up from the time Eddie moved in.
Just another myth that Eddie likes to promote about his ability.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:01 pm

Flashman wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Well he's ruined our side over 5 seasons so I'd like to know how quickly this train wreck will get turned around and what you're basing your absolute and unfathomable faith in this hack of a coach on, that the rest of us can't see?

You're just a random internet punter. Why should anyone have faith in your ability to see anything? Leave it to the experts, if the club starts responding to the howling of ill-informed fans then we'll be stuffed for decades. Just like the Tigers.

What you mean the experts who appointed a man with absolutely no senior coaching experience who has proceeded to dismantle our list and ruined our onfield performance and reputation and shattered supporter morale?

I'm questioning just how well informed these experts of yours are and if they are indeed qualified to decide anything seeing as they also saw fit to extend Buckley's contract with a year to run despite his diminishing returns in every completed year of his coaching career.

Supporters are right to be pissed off with the performance at the club and to ask questions about the clubs future seeing as we've been promised improvement and been delivered nothing but failure in recent years.

Instead of whinging, whining and sooking here, have you ever considered going to the correct forum at an AGM and bringing up these points there? You would have had a lot to say to the correct people at the correct place.
You are a typical bloody gutless Buckley hater/basher just like the other wankers here who have a go at Bucks on Nick's.
You fools have had bulk opportunities to go to the AGM's and ask questions or indeed the public forum that Eddie organised recently.
Talking through your arse here is obviously the easy way out for the stupid idiots who as usual masquerade as being Collingwood fans. In reality, you whingers couldn’t hold a bloody candle to those who stand side by side in tough times and NEVER EVER give up on Collingwood. Bloody fair weather fans…………
I think there wont be one decent poster here who will want to be next you sooks in a bunker during a war. Lose a few early battles and you will all shit your bloody pants. Shocked
I have tried to stay out of it today but geez, enough is bloody enough FFS. Go contact Eddie/Bucks/Pert at the club before you guys do your sooky sooky la la here Evil or Very Mad Mad

Now whinge away………………… Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:08 pm

I don't believe a word that comes out of Eddies mouth, and waiting 'years' clearly doesn't equal impatient. If I comment more, I'll regress so I'll leave it at that.

Yet we are supposed to believe every bloody word that comes out of yours? Yeah right! You know best so forget the rest!! The club has no idea according to the likes of you tiny minority of bloody perpetually sooking nutters. Mad

I guess you wrote that "The Lion sleeps tonight" song?

A whinge away, A whinge away, A whinge away, A whinge away, A whinge away, A whinge away, A whinge away, A whinge away, A whinge away, Shocked Rolling Eyes

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Lazza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Well he's ruined our side over 5 seasons so I'd like to know how quickly this train wreck will get turned around and what you're basing your absolute and unfathomable faith in this hack of a coach on, that the rest of us can't see?

You're just a random internet punter. Why should anyone have faith in your ability to see anything? Leave it to the experts, if the club starts responding to the howling of ill-informed fans then we'll be stuffed for decades. Just like the Tigers.

What you mean the experts who appointed a man with absolutely no senior coaching experience who has proceeded to dismantle our list and ruined our onfield performance and reputation and shattered supporter morale?

I'm questioning just how well informed these experts of yours are and if they are indeed qualified to decide anything seeing as they also saw fit to extend Buckley's contract with a year to run despite his diminishing returns in every completed year of his coaching career.

Supporters are right to be pissed off with the performance at the club and to ask questions about the clubs future seeing as we've been promised improvement and been delivered nothing but failure in recent years.

Instead of whinging, whining and sooking here, have you ever considered going to the correct forum at an AGM and bringing up these points there? You would have had a lot to say to the correct people at the correct place.
You are a typical bloody gutless Buckley hater/basher just like the other wankers here who have a go at Bucks on Nick's.
You fools have had bulk opportunities to go to the AGM's and ask questions or indeed the public forum that Eddie organised recently.
Talking through your arse here is obviously the easy way out for the stupid idiots who as usual masquerade as being Collingwood fans. In reality, you whingers couldn’t hold a bloody candle to those who stand side by side in tough times and NEVER EVER give up on Collingwood. Bloody fair weather fans…………
I think there wont be one decent poster here who will want to be next you sooks in a bunker during a war. Lose a few early battles and you will all shit your bloody pants. Shocked
I have tried to stay out of it today but geez, enough is bloody enough FFS. Go contact Eddie/Bucks/Pert at the club before you guys do your sooky sooky la la here Evil or Very Mad Mad

As the troll lures his prey!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:14 pm

At least you have got some passion Lazza!
I like that.
The opposite to your rant could be...
keep licking....
As for telling Bux/Pert/Ed/Hine and all!
Of course the Club keeps abreast of all social media/ talkback... etc....
They know what a lot of fans are saying and the real media also use social media to frame questions to the powerful ones.
So the idea of going to the AGM to ask a question is just silly.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:22 pm

Lazza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Flashman wrote:

I think there wont be one decent poster here who will want to be next you sooks in a bunker during a war. Lose a few early battles and you will all shit your bloody pants. :shock:

Why do you think backing Buckley somehow correlates into military bravery. How ridiculous. Considering I happen to be ex-military (1st Armoured Regt) your statement is just more of your usual chest beating drivel and I'd happily back my military record against yours (if you even have one).

And well you know what happens at the AGM. Ask a tricky question and you get shouted down my loudmouthed, pig ignorant club drones like yourself or you get a carefully stage managed answer that doesn't answer your one allotted question at all. It's a fukking charade and a waste of time and you know it.

Answer me this Mr Weary Dunlop. Would you be so patient if he was called Nathan Neeld or Nathan Watters instead of Nathan Buckley if the club was travelling the same? Yeah like hell you would you grandstanding hypocrite.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:24 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jackcass wrote:

its no myth, he did turn our finances around hugely, bag him all you like but facts are facts, he did the hard yards for the club, and we were in deep, deep financial shit, make no mistake. Confused

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:25 pm

thompsoc wrote:
So the idea of going to the AGM to ask a question is just silly.

Totally disagree. To actually have an effect, you need to speak to the right people at the right forum mate. The AGM, the public forum Eddie recently had, organising an interview with them at the club, THEY are the right things to do to get real action or results. Leaving it up to the club to discern what and what not to listen to in a blog on an important issue like sacking the coach is just nonsensical bloody stupidity!! Go to the source, not to yet another conduit that leads to a bloody Collingwood whingers sewer....... Rolling Eyes

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Lazza wrote:

The best way to get change is to use the power of the people. One man alone won't change Eddie. Get enough people through social media and then he'll listen. Look at how businesses respond to social media nowadays. Going to an AGM is just a waste of time and you know it Lazza.

Enough of your side-by-side bullshit too. These supporters who have had enough and want that shit coach of ours removed actually love the club and care about its success. They are Collingwood people, not Buckley people. The club is bigger than the individual.

Side-By-Side we stick together to uphold the Magpies name......not to uphold Buckley's name.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Lazza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Makes me wonder how these pissing and moaning so called fans, so called, run up the white flag, bitch piss and moan. How would they like to support the saints, one flag in 170 seasons, or the dogs, have not even been in a GF since i was a pup, or the deees, last won a flag when the Beatles toured australia ?? Gutless wonders all of em, replacing Bucks now with some temp coach will achieve zilch, it rarely works, as a Pies legend, he at least deserves to see the season out, as tony shaw did, another Pies legend. these young turks whingers on here would not know hard times in footy, or life, if it hit em in the $£$%^%%$ face like a brick truck. Get a life you crybabies, your constant pissing an moaning is byond the pale now, go an barrack for the piss and poop or cats then, you wont be missed one iota. Evil or Very Mad Exclamation

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Flashman wrote:
.Answer me this Mr Weary Dunlop. Would you be so patient if he was called Nathan Neeld or Nathan Watters instead of Nathan Buckley if the club was travelling the same? Yeah like hell you would you grandstanding hypocrite.

Since you have already answered your own bloody question, why bother asking it you fool? Who is the grandstander here? LOL!! Not me dude.
FWIW, even if the coach had a totally gutless bullshit nick name like Flashman or the flasher or Bob Sugar or whoever you and other Buckley haters purport to be, I would never advocate for a coach to be sacked during the season. To be a hypocrite, I would have to agree to Collingwood doing it while I have always hated or disagreed with other clubs doing it! THAT is being totally hypocritical pal.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Unless we fall to 1-9 or 2-12 at some point this season, I'd be keeping Bucks till the end of the year.

You know why? Because there's no one better at the club, and that's where the replacement would come from this season, his underlings who are just as much to blame as he is.

The second best option (behind Buckley) at the club to be the senior coach is Dale Tapping, and leaving him as VFL coach is far more important than making a rash move.

Keep Bucks till the end of the year, then make a decision on him and all the other football department staff.

I just don't see what replacing him with someone with the same ideas, who has been working with the same philosophies, mid season does for the team.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jackcass wrote:

its no myth, he did turn our finances around hugely, bag him all you like but facts are facts, he did the hard yards for the club, and we were in deep, deep financial shit, make no mistake. Confused

And I totally agree with you, so in a business sense he's been great... but he appointed Buckley purely on a romantic whim and it has failed utterly, the proof is irrefutable. The problem is he know he cost us a flag or two, even though we won one and it was his call. The is no disputing that, the Buckley hand over has failed. So can he be forgiven, I believe so if he faces facts and accepts responsibility, it was a terrible call and he owns it but it is what it is.. the club is bigger and he's still the right man for his job, the issue is that Buckley isn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12   

Jump to: