Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
When the team kicks 7 goals in an entire game of football at the MCG against an opposition that can't play that ground adequately and, in any event, has no proper-size KPDs, I think you have other things to worry about than whether our 237 game champion CHF will make the team worse.

Adams (192cm) and Roberts (196cm), while relatively new to AFL footy, are certainly of KPD size. Certainly adequate to match up on equally inexperienced Moore and Cox.

You haven't mentioned Easton Wood who may not be KPD size, but he just happens to be an All Australian defender. And as for a side that can't play the ground adequately, the Bulldogs last game at the MCG was against Melbourne who they beat by 5 goals. Melbourne may not be the greatest side going around, but they play their best footy on the MCG and comfortably beat us on the ground.

Yeah, not doubting Wood, just think that at 187cm he's not quite KPD size.
Daicosesque 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:28 am

I want Cloke back in the team playing up the ground, marking around the 50, then swinging around and kicking it long to Cox in the goal square. Macaffer in the forward line also is a good thing, me thinks.

We have had a lot of inside 50s, including on Sunday. How many intercept marks were taken by the dogs??

Our general play is still competitive. I'm feeling good against Port.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:36 am

I think we'll need to adopt a bit of a horses for courses mentality for Port. They are light on for talls at the moment so Cloke may not be needed this week as a replacement for Moore. I think they've got Butcher, Carlile and Frampton as possible inclusions this week and would need to reveiw our changes if 1 of these guys gets named but Lobbe, Ryder and Schulz being unavailable hurts them.

Assuming Tooves doesn't get up, I think we need to inject some pace so I think Marsh (or potentially Goldsack who is more flexible), Sinclair and Goodyear will be included. Likely Aish will get the final spot.

Based on that...

OUT: Moore (collarbone); Fasolo (broken arm?); Adams (hamstring); Toovey (concussion)
IN: Marsh/Goldsack; Sinclair; Goodyear; Aish
EMERG: Witts; Goldsack/Marsh; Phillips
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:36 am

Here's my latest thoughts on how we replace our injured players.

Toovey - replaced by Marsh

Adams - replaced by MaCaffer (who becomes our tagger, freeing Greenwood to play Adams' role as our defensive midfielder)

Moore - replaced by Cloke (assuming he trains the house down this week)

Fasolo - replaced by Goldsack

Sidey and Varcoe will also need to play a lot up front.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:41 am

You have always rated Macaffer's pace have you not?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:15 am

It would be a shame not to give Goodyear a chance. He was just about best on ground at the last VFL outing (15 kicks, 13 handballs, 7 tackles, 2 goals straight), after also getting 29 disposals in the previous game. I think we know what we get from Macaffer and Goldsack at this stage and given Goodyear's steady progress it's time to find out whether he can play senior footy to the requisite standard.

Witts, Aish, Marsh and Macaffer also have to be under consideration on form.

It's difficult to assess other potential inclusions because the bye came at exactly the wrong time for Williams (played part of the previous game only) and Sinclair.

Selecting Cloke is a no-brainer - but then, again, it was for the last 6 weeks, as well, so who would know if he could possibly be in contention.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:18 am

3rd degree wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Here's my latest thoughts on how we replace our injured players.

Toovey - replaced by Marsh

Adams - replaced by MaCaffer (who becomes our tagger, freeing Greenwood to play Adams' role as our defensive midfielder)

Moore - replaced by Cloke (assuming he trains the house down this week)

Fasolo - replaced by Goldsack

Sidey and Varcoe will also need to play a lot up front.

You have always rated Macaffer's pace have you not?

Well may I please edit my post? I forgot about Sinclair. He can play the Adams role as a defensive midfielder, with no need to shift Greenwood or to play MaCaffer.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:10 pm

Bring the same effort & defensive mind set as the last 3 weeks & we win. Regardless of the forced changes we need to make.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:09 pm

On 360 last night Bucks said. Won't be seeing Moore Fasalo Adams for a while Toovey likely to be at least 1 week we are erring on the side of caution as we do these days.
When asked about Cloke he said selection committee meets Thursday and I won't be making comments about selection of any player other than to say we will pick the best fittest 22 we have available for this weekend same as we do every week.
He went on to say when Robbo tried to push him into a answer your assuming that the 18 who finished the game last Sunday are in the best 22 for this coming week. That might not have been the case if we had finished with 22 players it's all an assumption your making its not based on fact of what happens inside the club weekly
We will have those conversations later in the week at the selection meeting
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
It would be a shame not to give Goodyear a chance. He was just about best on ground at the last VFL outing (15 kicks, 13 handballs, 7 tackles, 2 goals straight), after also getting 29 disposals in the previous game. I think we know what we get from Macaffer and Goldsack at this stage and given Goodyear's steady progress it's time to find out whether he can play senior footy to the requisite standard.

Witts, Aish, Marsh and Macaffer also have to be under consideration on form.

It's difficult to assess other potential inclusions because the bye came at exactly the wrong time for Williams (played part of the previous game only) and Sinclair.

Selecting Cloke is a no-brainer - but then, again, it was for the last 6 weeks, as well, so who would know if he could possibly be in contention.

Agree on Goody, been among the best in the VFL for a couple of games.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:18 pm

Yep, another vote for Goodyear to replace Adams. He's been good and his speed will be handy.

Trav should come in for Darcy and really, he should be an upgrade.

Marsh for Tooves

and either Goldy, Aish or Phillips for Fas.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:31 pm

Dovetails nicely with the role Adams has coming into the centre square to help at stoppages having another (developing) contested mid type to assume the role. Not sure if that's how they'll go but I still think he's the 1 that's put his hand up for senior selection more so than any other with the possible exception of Witts.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:41 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I forgot about Sinclair. He can play the Adams role as a defensive midfielder, with no need to shift Greenwood or to play MaCaffer.

when was the last time you saw sinkers play in the midfield?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:48 pm

Adams has actually been running in off half back, which is what Sinkers has done previously.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:57 pm

i would be astonished to see sinkers play as a defensive mid. or any type of mid for that matter. goody might come in to do that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 6 of 17   

Jump to: