Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie McGuire - Time To Go?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Eddie McGuire leave Collingwood?
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 50 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 28 ]
Undecided
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 90

prawnstar Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisjjj wrote:
Eddie isn't going anywhere. When he needs to make to tough call he will. At the moment he needs to show a strong front for the club. I think he is well aware that Buckley's time is up but I'd rather his approach then painting doom and gloom. This is need to retain sponsors and players. Some of you sooks should have been Richmond supporters.
So tell me who the f@#% you want to take over from Eddie that will do a better job for collingwood? Are you gonna step in?

Craig Kelly. And he'll bring a decent coach and players off his books with him.

Take the blinkers off FFS. History has repeated. Eddie is McAllister, Buckley is Shaw, and most of the 22 is Jason Wild.

Sooner we change, sooner we win the next flag. Eddie won't win it, guaranteed.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:59 pm
Post subject: He mustReply with quote

This appears to be a mentality where failure has no accountability. We as members have a clear choice. Treat this Club as a business decision. It is a poor investment. They hope we will spend our money with some misguided sense of emotive loyalty . Well time to call it the way the Board would regards non performing asset class. Liquidate it urgently. We members must act like this with our memberships. It's not personal, just business. Bye bye Magpies.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm

^IF you mean wind up the Board, a new Prez and Board, I agree with you, but if you meant winding up the whole club, that's just whacko land. la la land. Sides like the saints, dogs, deees, have lost hundreds of games, decade after decade, for no flags, and they have not been wound up, get real. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm

chrisjjj wrote:
Eddie isn't going anywhere. When he needs to make to tough call he will. At the moment he needs to show a strong front for the club. I think he is well aware that Buckley's time is up but I'd rather his approach then painting doom and gloom. This is need to retain sponsors and players. Some of you sooks should have been Richmond supporters.
So tell me who the f@#% you want to take over from Eddie that will do a better job for collingwood? Are you gonna step in?

He is a self centered, egotistical, racist, misogynist blimp.
The Buckley disaster will be is legacy, not the 2010 flag. That flag was won in spite of him.

Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:17 pm

I've changed my mind about Eddie & Bucks.
Let him coach out the year to ensure we get a top 3 draft pick...
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Are we allowed to try and guess Eddies speech tonight?

"125 years ago"
"Known as the scum of Victoria"
"Times were tough"
"Times are tough now"
"Blah blah blah amusing anecdote about Swanny"
"Something about Peter McKenna being his hero"
"Stick together"
"Side by side"

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:22 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
Are we allowed to try and guess Eddies speech tonight?

"125 years ago"
"Known as the scum of Victoria"
"Times were tough"
"Times are tough now"
"Blah blah blah amusing anecdote about Swanny"
"Something about Peter McKenna being his hero"
"Stick together"
"Side by side"

I hope people throw tomatoes at him!

Or better yet, just turn their backs and ignore him.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:35 pm

^Eddie should get up, clear his throat, and sincerely apologise to ALL Collingwood fans, on behalf of himself and the players and coach, for that dreadful effort today. He should especially apologise to the thousands of poor souls who sat in the cold and wet there today, freezing their butts off watching that utter shit our players and coach dished up. He should then, make an absolute rock solid commitment, that such a non effort will never happen again, ever, and that big changes will be made at the club, from top to bottom, big changes to make us a viable force on field again, what ever it takes, whatever it takes. No more clichés, we need action, from the ground up, today must never be repeated again, ever.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^Eddie should get up, clear his throat, and sincerely apologise to ALL Collingwood fans, on behalf of himself and the players and coach, for that dreadful effort today. He should especially apologise to the thousands of poor souls who sat in the cold and wet there today, freezing their butts off watching that utter shit our players and coach dished up. He should then, make an absolute rock solid commitment, that such a non effort will never happen again, ever, and that big changes will be made at the club, from top to bottom, big changes to make us a viable force on field again, what ever it takes, whatever it takes. No more clichés, we need action, from the ground up, today must never be repeated again, ever.

No, he should get up, clear his throat, and sincerely apologise to ALL Collingwood fans for not having the balls in 2011 to tap Numpty on the shoulder and tell him that we will be sticking with Mick for a while.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

No, he should get up, clear his throat, and sincerely apologise to ALL Collingwood fans for not having the balls in 2011 to tap Numpty on the shoulder and tell him that we will be sticking with Mick for a while.

MM was cooked, as his tenure at the scum showed, he was done. I think we all had high hopes for Bucks, but hindsight is a marvellous thing, it just has not worked out as we all hoped it would. I cant see him surviving now, unless a miracle happens, today really has made it tough for him, I'm hoping he will resign and walk, if this keeps up he may have to sooner rather than later.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:51 pm

^ Shame Eddie can't see that Bucks is done too and bring in the "succession plan"
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Eddie should say there will be no more energy sapping waste of space celebrations during the season. Every friggin time we have something like this the players are distracted by media, WAGs wanting new dresses and hairdresser appointments, suit fittings and phone calls looking for free tickets

I remember in the 80s we had player revvues and we play some bottom side and lose because the players didn;t want to get hurt and Lethal shitcanned them we he became coach.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

MM was cooked, as his tenure at the scum showed, he was done. I think we all had high hopes for Bucks, but hindsight is a marvellous thing, it just has not worked out as we all hoped it would. I cant see him surviving now, unless a miracle happens, today really has made it tough for him, I'm hoping he will resign and walk, if this keeps up he may have to sooner rather than later.

MM would have been OK for 2 more seasons with the list that he had built - by the time he got to the Scum, he was passed it and wasn't capable of re-building them.

Who know what would have happened in 2011 if the right thing had have been done early in the season. And the team was still good enough to make the Prelim in 2012, despite then fact Buckley was allegedly coaching it.

PaulMurray 

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Eddie is not the President for the right reasons.

I have no issue with Eddie having a career outside football.

What I have an issue with is Eddie using the role of President to remain relevant amongst Melbourne's elite.

He is a racist, a msygonist and a dinosaur
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:01 pm

ronrat wrote:
Eddie should say there will be no more energy sapping waste of space celebrations during the season. Every friggin time we have something like this the players are distracted by media, WAGs wanting new dresses and hairdresser appointments, suit fittings and phone calls looking for free tickets

I remember in the 80s we had player revvues and we play some bottom side and lose because the players didn;t want to get hurt and Lethal shitcanned them we he became coach.

or, postpone the 125 yr party and hype till seasons end, its still the same year. Once the season is done, then celebrate it, its always fraught with danger having it on game days, a big loss just sours it all, as has now happened, be more like a Wake there tonight, be very flat I would say, it should be at end of the season. Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: