Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Giants - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

any update on Kirby?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:33 pm

makri wrote:
any update on Kirby?

Irregular Heart Beat

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:33 pm

As pointed out no tall forwards as an option—all we had were midfielders and medium sized players so they were our goal scoring options

We were the best I have seen for ball transfer to the forward fifty but still at crucial times make little errors that cost
Today any one or two of those errors had been good decision,s we could have forced a win

We (nor any side) will go thru a game error free but let’s get them to absolutel
minimum

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:36 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ no need for PM. Put it up here. Some others might want to get on as well.

You're the one with gob buddy.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:40 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Lots of green shoots, but costly 4 points and in the loss of Moore (2nd hammy, very concerning) and the pain of Broomy.

- Scharenberg is starting to look like he’ll make it.
- Aish is starting to look like he’ll make it.
- Murray has already made it. Superb recruiting.
- Brown and Stephenson are early doors but they’ll get there.
- Phillips is a keeper.
- Crocker will be a weapon when he’s the third or fourth forward.

Best game I’ve seen Grundy play. Langdon was also magnificent despite the knockers. We’ve really missed him last year.

To get as close to the Frankenstein team as we did, with what we had on the ground, was a triumph of effort Well done to all.

This (slight adjustment)
Just got home, knackered, man that was, emotionally wacko! When brooms went down I felt sick to the stomach, but gees I’m damn proud of that effort.
I took out coaching because we recruited too small, we played too small. And we cried out for leadership. And our skills are not up to scratch and yet we came so s9 close to taking out the AFL official team, in fact take off a couple of umpire howlers, at least 1 unpaid mark, 1 50 metre that jus5 should have been paid, 1 holding the ball no5 paid then paid to them, and how close were we?

That was the gutsiest game we have played in oh so very long, well done Pies.

Oh and guys DAVID and Ingmar sat with me for the second half, he’s just really busy in case your wondering,and Ingmar is oh so cute! Also nice to have a chat with Jezza too, cheers.

I’m buggered!

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:45 pm
Post subject: Yes and NoReply with quote

Pies fans seem comfortable with a loss! Alas the same rotten culture at clubs like Melbourne. It is the last nail in a club coffin that finds its weakened new generation of supporter praising honourable defeat. Imagine such a thing 40 even 30 years ago? Fortunately I am surrounded by proud pies fans in my neighbourhood who will not accept failure or the administration that has created this worst form in club history. Beating a tragic club like Carlton will be nothing to celebrate. We are merely a clone of last year, unable to defeat clubs in the top eight. Today was a good try, but we lacked the strength, skill , and plan to overcome this team who have virtually lost everything game they have played at the MCG since they were founded. And they managed to beat us. Today should not be celebrated in isolation, rather a recognition that we have sunk so low that some misguided fans seek any positives in an otherwise tragic and unacceptable predicament. Get angry! Stay angry until there is change at Collingwood.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:45 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
More good news ...

#vflmagpies After being momentarily helped to his feet, Kirby is back on the ground. A stretcher is being called on to help him off. Let's hope he's ok.

An ambulance is on the ground for Kayle Kirby. The details surrounding his condition are still unclear. Let's hope it's not as bad as it looks #vflmagpies

Omg that’s awful

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:46 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Cam wrote:
Thomas Maggs
‏ @Tsm042
8m8 minutes ago

@collingwoodfc S horror night continues with the VFL match stopped and an ambulance called for Kayle Kirby who is still in the ground, conscious and responsive, where he collapsed.

Hope he is OK. OMG, this is really a disastrous night for us injury-wise.
$£$%^%%$ hell this is more important than any footy match, any news?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:51 pm

Kirby is “stable” in hospital.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:53 pm
Post subject: Re: Yes and NoReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Pies fans seem comfortable with a loss! Alas the same rotten culture at clubs like Melbourne. It is the last nail in a club coffin that finds its weakened new generation of supporter praising honourable defeat. Imagine such a thing 40 even 30 years ago? Fortunately I am surrounded by proud pies fans in my neighbourhood who will not accept failure or the administration that has created this worst form in club history. Beating a tragic club like Carlton will be nothing to celebrate. We are merely a clone of last year, unable to defeat clubs in the top eight. Today was a good try, but we lacked the strength, skill , and plan to overcome this team who have virtually lost everything game they have played at the MCG since they were founded. And they managed to beat us. Today should not be celebrated in isolation, rather a recognition that we have sunk so low that some misguided fans seek any positives in an otherwise tragic and unacceptable predicament. Get angry! Stay angry until there is change at Collingwood.

I would agree with this analysis...if we had had the luxury of a forward line.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Woods wrote:
slangman wrote:
There’s no such thing as a “good effort” or “honourable” loss when you haven’t made finals in 4 years.

We lost....again!!!!

Anyone who thinks that’s ok is the reason why we are so poor.

This was a loss, it is NO different to last week and quite frankly, I’m annoyed that “honourable” losses are becoming the best we can hope for.

Same mistakes, by the same players and same free opposition players roaming forward.

This rubbish must stop.

Collingwood people were breaking bones for your selfish gratification , mate. Go have a cold shower and learn what it means to salute a noble effort.

Yep, we know the team ain’t up to scratch, which makes this effort mean so much more. I said before the game (feel free to check) win lose or draw I just want to see a determined gutsy effort, got that in spades. I can name a couple who can’t quite hold their heads up but **** it, it’s been a damn long 5 seasons, and tonight, I’m proud. Broomheads amazing effort, Aish was brilliant, never stopped trying, thank the lord for Dunn and Howe, Shazza is in one piece and didn’t disgrace himself, WHE pulled that goal when we needed it so badly, right after I said to junior, he’s done nothing. Moore was good and confident til injured, Crocker busted his arse, philips far better than last week, Varcoe had a fair crack, and Sidey got into it to defend his skipper. I’ve had 5 seasons to whinge, tonight, I’m almost satisfied. If this is this years premier, we ain’t that far off afterall.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:54 pm

think positive wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Cam wrote:
Thomas Maggs
‏ @Tsm042
8m8 minutes ago

@collingwoodfc S horror night continues with the VFL match stopped and an ambulance called for Kayle Kirby who is still in the ground, conscious and responsive, where he collapsed.

Hope he is OK. OMG, this is really a disastrous night for us injury-wise.
$£$%^%%$ hell this is more important than any footy match, any news?

I think Dave mentioned irregular heartbeat. Fingers crossed nothing too serious, friend of mine was on trial for a club in England and collapsed in a practice match due to an irregular heartbeat. While he didn't go on to play in England he played proffesionally in France and has since returned to Australia and is healthy with no ill effects. Fingers crossed the same thing applies to Kirby.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:55 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Kirby is “stable” in hospital.

Thankyou, thank god

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Yes and NoReply with quote

Hiss wrote:

new generation of supporter praising honourable defeat.

Fifty years of supporting the Pies in my case and I don't consider that new generation!! I wish!!!!
For me nowadays, it's coming to terms with the reality of the current game.
GWS are a team stackful of talent, courtesy of the AFL. Collingwood are just one of 17 cubs trying to combat this bias. To my mind, we did pretty well today. I think any one of the other 16 clubs would've learnt a lesson or two from us today. Pressure and more pressure against these elite can cause them concern.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Lot of People here are made Happy Quickly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 6 of 17   

Jump to: