Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies wallop Dees - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ronrat wrote:
Whatever the Aints throw at JDG will not be enough and they have very little trade value over the same pick we got him and that won't work. Just ask them for Jack Stevens and their next 2 first round picks and they will walk. Was very close between him and Yankee Doodle today but Cox kept our scoreboard ticking over.

He Pretty Much Said he was Staying on CH 7 News Very Happy

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Nuss wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I am really Liking how Lot more Quick we look then last few years
still want buckley sacked mate?

Still not Sold as Bucks is a Good Coach. It could still Fall Apart in 2nd Half of the Season.

So Don't Get Cocky Yet Rolling Eyes

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Have to apologise DTM.
I had our boys winning by 6 goals.
Was slightly off

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Nuss wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
still want buckley sacked mate?

Still not Sold as Bucks is a Good Coach. It could still Fall Apart in 2nd Half of the Season.

So Don't Get Cocky Yet Rolling Eyes

You need to get out and enjoy the sun a bit more Dave.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:01 pm

What a powerhouse performance that was! Did not expect such a commanding victory. We absolutely dominated them all day long. Yes, they had a few mini comebacks, kicking a couple of goals now and then to get the margin back but every time that happened we responded instantly and just kept them under control. This is the most impressive performance I have seen probably in the post-2013 era.

This game was hot, hot, hot. It was not like Melbourne had an off day, they gave it a red hot crack, they chased and ran and tackled and tried to apply their pressure, but we totally withstood it. We took their best jabs and came back with massive jaw rattling uppercuts. I am on Cloud 9 right now, just want to watch the replay you know! Very Happy

I cant believe how good Cox and Mayne were today. Mayne was hard and tough and just clamped down on their runners, we may have found his niche. And Big Coxy, boy oh boy was the big Texan clunking those marks and slamming the goals home with brutality. Loving the work there.

De Goey & Treloar were just beasts through the midfield, bulldozing their way around, they are all class. The defense was rock solid given the quality of opposition, McDonald was a bit of a handful but I thought they provided a lot of stops and plenty of rebound. We finally have two quality finishers up forward in WHE and Stephenson, they are getting the job done. WHE in the air and Stevo on the deck, very hard to combat, then you have Cox cracking skulls in packs and we have a very unique combo going on. I could go on all day with this...that was premiership quality footy. We are the real deal, our best is absolutely good enough. Just need to keep it going. Great stuff Woods!

MONCO: Your life.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Maybe a tip of the hat to Peter Murphy? Something has changed big time and it is hard to think it was all a coincidence.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:08 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I was jealous of Petracca at Melbourne. A line breaking mid who can also play full forward and kick goals.

Right now though, we look to have the better mid from that draft in JDG. His power in the midfield is what propelled us forward. Then others came into it later.

Yeah but the consolation prize of watching Petracca in a Melbourne jumper is that he should really be playing for StKilda who were stupid enough to draft McCartain instead. And Melbourne are stupid for not drafting Olli Wines and also for giving up their no1 draft pick when Josh Kelly was available.

😂😂 you are so right, I love being reminded of that.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:10 pm

^^Yep. Melbourne gave up Kelly for Dom Tyson. That looked good for a while but now Tyson's playing in the VFL and the Dees today really looked like they needed the kind of class that Kelly provides.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Cam wrote:
This consistent win shows a polish and consistency that we haven't had since '12.

I only wish Krak Magic was here to share the joy with us.

Said to the wife it was like watching 2010-11-12 again. Hard at the contest; WIN contested ball; quick hands and hit targets in a box; kick to best option; nail goals from set shot (thanks Cox)! GREAT WIN!
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Serious question, would Jaidyn Stephenson be our best ever first round selection to have played so far to date?
I mean seriously the guys a freak.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Stephenson has been very impressive. The couple of times he's had a quiet game or two he comes out with a big one. Played a very important role on one of their best players this year in Jetta, completely took him out of the game and worried the hell out of him with his offence.

Such a great decision to take him in the draft over a tall like so many wanted. We'd still be waiting for a tall to be ready for selection, meanwhile Stephenson has played several very good games and had a real impact.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Best part of the Team winning today was the club song in the rooms surrounding Firefighter Murray - great moment by the club...actually a brilliant moment...
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Serious question, would Jaidyn Stephenson be our best ever first round selection to have played so far to date?

The competition is Daisy, Didak, Reid, Presti, Fraser, Reid an McCartney. Time will tell.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
What was noticeable about this game is how our players are now scaring the opposition and forcing them to assign blanketing roles to certain members of their team, who are then unavailable to give them their usual contribution. Case in point today was Tom Phillips. He was nullified to some extent by the Melbourne tagger assigned to him (Brayshaw), but then Brayshaw was unable to play with any aggression as his role was defensive.
I am so rapt with Mason Cox. Without wanting to sound hysterical, I believe that he has some kind of footballing genius, which probably comes somehow from his basketball. The way he gets into position and taps/palms the ball on is nothing short of magic. He also clunked some brilliant marks tonight, and this is what we have all been waiting for.
What also amazed me tonight was his brilliant play at ground level!! Who would have imagined that a guy with his height could play such a dangerous role here??
I am just stoked with this wonderful team victory.

Good call on the Phillips tag. Brayshaw had been the architect of their drive off half back in recent weeks and they robbed Peter to pay Paul.
Phillips will learn from it and the lesson is, dont be close to BOG for three weeks in a row and then think you won’t get noticed.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:47 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:

The competition is Daisy, Didak, Reid, Presti, Fraser, Reid an McCartney. Time will tell.

Pendels?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12   

Jump to: