Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
The question is, why didn't the umpires pay the slide into the Collingwood legs to take possession with 2 minutes to go on the wing? Been paying it all year.

you just answered your own question my friend.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:19 pm

Cam wrote:
The question is, why didn't the umpires pay the slide into the Collingwood legs to take possession with 2 minutes to go on the wing? Been paying it all year.

Or Langdon holding Buddys arm. Umpiring is just so inconsistent it is a bloody raffle (or possibly a conspiracy).

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Raw Hammer wrote:
If Moore didnt play vs Richmond or sydney, he doesnt take Howe out, Howe plays veld Sydney, Moores replacement plays four quarters, and we defect sydney comfortably. Just saying...

I know RH, I know! It's like he's a jinx on us. I think we took the third quarter to adjust to him (or any tall, athletic defender eg Howe) not being out on the ground.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

Buddy hit the post how many times though? They go in, we are all alot less highly strung right now.
Mugwump 

WarrenerraW wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
The entire team was to blame for that loss tonight. Looked flat and ordinary. No run and carry that's split open opposition teams like we've become used to seeing. We never looked likely after half time. Losing Moore didn't help and that 3rd quarter was deplorable. Inaccurate kicking combined with an ineffective midfield and dysfunctional forward line and we were always going to be up against it. The coke muncher had a field day with a little help from the yellow maggots and a bloke who hasn't played for 6 yrs probably had more possessions than our midfield combined we were that bad.

Meh, we were playing with about six players that should have been in the reserves against an AFL Frankenstein side that was desperate to win on its uniquely hard to play home ground. It was a brave effort, and some days it just doesn't go your way.

f***ing sh!ts me. why can't we ever catch a break and have something go our way!? it always goes against us and everything comes at such a cost.

I feel your pain, brother. Still, I find it easier to bear knowing that they went down fighting and flying every flag despite all the odds against them. Bloody brave. Add just De Goey or Howe to that side and we win.

If we can get Treloar and DeGoey back and firing by finals time I think we can still give it a shake, as long as the injury gods leave us alone. Scaz and Moore and Elliott and Wells are our injury prone players and they are all done for the year. Ben Reid is the other, and I'd leave him out as well. Playing men who are susceptible to injury is costing us badly, so we need to keep them out and get back to ordinary casualty rates. Even with those formidable outs, we can give any tearm a beating with what we have.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:20 pm

piedys wrote:
feeling alright are you?
Not alarmed by the under-9 level disposal standard at all?

Not at all i thought it was a hard fought game ...Sydney are no bottom eight side.

Yep we made mistakes, but given our situation I can't actually think of the last match in which we have finished with four on the bench, i actually felt they played brilliantly.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Collingwood 10.11.71
Sydney 11.7.73

Goals: Varcoe 3, H-E 2, JT, Grundy, Sidey, Daics, Cox 1

Tackles: Adams 11, Brown 10, Stevo 7, Pendles 6

Disposals: Adams 32, Crisp 29, Langdon 26, Phillips, Grundy 24, Pendles 22, Mayne 21, Maynard 20, Sier, JT, Sidey, Murray 18, Madgen, Daics, Levi 11

AF Points: Grundy 150, Adams 138, Crisp 105, Langdon 91.

Crowd: 39,238

Let's Hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:21 pm

think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
This team of ours is all heart. At least our percentage won't take a thrashing.

Well done to Grundy, Tay, Murray, Varcoe, Sier, Greenwood and the wonderful WHE.

For some reason, Pendles couldn't kick tonight and Sidey only really got going in the last quarter.

Exactly.

We will bounce back next week, we should get Goey back and Howe. We will kill em.

So we might not make top 4, who knows, its still wide open. $$%^%%$ hell some of you, we played the ladder leader a week ago, and ran them almost to the end, and now travelling to a ground that has the biggest home ground advantage there is, and our fifth pick defender had to play on a firing buddy. wash your mouths out. Take a breath. Last year we were all in shock that our coach got more time, and here we are, we will make finals. Some really disgusting comments in the last pages of the game thread, and in here.

No one player cost this game. Not Sidey, not cox, not Buckley. 2 $$%^%%$ points. Thats home ground advantage right there .

Go Pies, Im standing side by side, and Ill be there next week when we kick Brisbane back to the boon docks.

Well said TP, spot on, the voice of calm, logic, and reason. This side has guts to burn, against all the odds, im proud we pushed those swan ponces, so far tonight, only their home pissing ground got them the points, we gave it everthing we had. Im with you, side by side, for the long haul, back our boys in all the fckuing way, all the way, next week and beyond. Exclamation Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:21 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Cam wrote:

Or Langdon holding Buddys arm. Umpiring is just so inconsistent it is a bloody raffle (or possibly a conspiracy).

I really admire Buddy, but that was one occasion tonight when I said "Stop being a bloody sook Buddy - you can't win them all".
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:22 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Congratulations to Langdon, Adams, Greenwood and Varcoe. Great games.

I knew I had missed one - Langdon!!! He kept us in it in the final quarter. Very commendable effort.

I forgot to add Murray; thought he playerd a very good game tonight.

Raw Hammer 

I had accepted a bad loss 5 mins into final quarter.

Us coming. Back to hit the front, only to lose at the death, is just the worst feeling. I kinda wished they rolled up and waved the white flag, cos it further proves what a wasted season with out deplorable conditioning.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

ANNODAM wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
This is what happens when Moore is only fit every second week.

Then the Club needs to to fk him right off, seriously how can one play at AFL level if he's injured & re-injured every second week?

Enough's enough!

Maybe hes being to brave and trying to play? End his season, fix the problem properly.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:23 pm

SwansWay wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
This is what happens when Moore is only fit every second week.

Then the Club needs to to fk him right off, seriously how can one play at AFL level if he's injured & re-injured every second week?

Enough's enough!

Maybe they can rest him every second game 🙄

....then he'd play 1 in 4

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Cam wrote:

Didn't see it; they broke me by 3/4-time with their blatant cheating for the second successive week, and turned fuxtel over to St.Rapist vs. Welfare on 503

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Tough to lose that one. Did a great job to get back into it at all, then to lose it with that flukey goal. Had no business winning without a backline but almost got there.

We have three very winnable games remaining if we can get someone to play in defence.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16   

Jump to: