Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The is a very bad loss. Never should have lost that game. We absolutely froze in the last 5 minutes and that is extremely worrying. Great sides DO NOT wilt like that. It happened very quickly. We went from dominating and controlling the game and looking strong (yet not ultimately converting enough) to folding our hand as soon as the Eagles raised their bet. Our midfield stopped dead and became spectators. I blame Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, DeGoey, WHE, Sier, Cox, Adams, Thomas & Phillips (the entire midfield group) for that loss...they all went missing as a collective when they needed to stand tall. Plus, the Eagles played the whole game a man down and we still could not capitalize. Still only one win for the season against top 8 sides. Very disappointed in Cox who didn't do much at all, barely even gave our ground force supply let alone take a mark. DeGoey kicked a couple of goals but was very underwhelming. Pendles was not physical enough IMO. A boy we wasted so many chances as we do so often in big games like this. We are just not ready, simple as that. Next week will not be easy against the GWS. I still can't believe we lost that game the way we did. Someone wake me up.

MONCO: Your life.
Adz 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:09 pm

I’ve decided not to attend next week. No point.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Adz wrote:

Best news I've heard all day.

Johnno75 

We dropped off with the work rate not sure if we just got tired, they owned the contested ball in the last quarter and that was the difference.

I for one am really proud. We are not far away. If we can develop/recruit key book ends will be well in the way. Still think we should do everything to get May.

SwansWay 

Adz wrote:

Bit over dramatic.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
The is a very bad loss. Never should have lost that game. We absolutely froze in the last 5 minutes and that is extremely worrying. Great sides DO NOT wilt like that. It happened very quickly. We went from dominating and controlling the game and looking strong (yet not ultimately converting enough) to folding our hand as soon as the Eagles raised their bet. Our midfield stopped dead and became spectators. I blame Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, DeGoey, WHE, Sier, Cox, Adams, Thomas & Phillips (the entire midfield group) for that loss...they all went missing as a collective when they needed to stand tall. Plus, the Eagles played the whole game a man down and we still could not capitalize. Still only one win for the season against top 8 sides. Very disappointed in Cox who didn't do much at all, barely even gave our ground force supply let alone take a mark. DeGoey kicked a couple of goals but was very underwhelming. Pendles was not physical enough IMO. A boy we wasted so many chances as we do so often in big games like this. We are just not ready, simple as that. Next week will not be easy against the GWS. I still can't believe we lost that game the way we did. Someone wake me up.

You need to relax ombré ..... Was a tremendous effort in the west. I loved that game. Watch this space .......pies will do the dance. No one kills us

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

It rained all of yesterday and most of today. It was slippery out there. And the OS turf is a little hard too. It wasn’t a pretty game of football.
E wrote:
Sensible Jay wrote:
Livid that we lost that. Well, the umpires were swayed by the home crowd in the last quarter. Very disappointing too cause it was a cracking game of footy. I think this game has revealed a few things.
1. West Coast are legitimate pretenders who got lucky. I hope we play them again in the GF cause I think it could get quite ugly.
2. Pies not fussed by finals pressure
3. We could just be the team to burst Richmond’s bubble.

All in all, proud of the boys efforts. Bring on GWS!!

I don't know about your second point. I thought we were uncharacteristically fumbly tonight. I think the pressure might have got to them a little bit.

Ironically, Sier and Aish, two of our kids, were two of the players who coped with the pressure beautifully, and guys like Sidey and even Pendles were uncharacteristically unsure of themselves more than a few times.

Adams is our true leader. when he got concussed in the last, that is when it changed. By the way, Yeo clearly had time to exercise his duty of care on that one. Adams was over the ball and Yeo put his knee right into him. Why isnt that reportable?????
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

Adz wrote:

Get a $£$%^%%$ grip!

Some supporters need to harden up.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Should have taken Cox off at half time. Gone almost completely small and run the ball in. And why does langdon go for bloody hail marys only to watch his man get the ball out the back. Has ability but his ambition is twice the size of that.

And if Nicholls get a final it had better not be against us. 3 weeks of that chromosone challenged idiot is more than we should take.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Is it a day game or night game next week?
Sensible Jay 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:13 pm

Yes, Jezza!! It’s just a bloody game! Have a little faith.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

Monco Matt wrote:

i think when you watch the game again you will see that we were worn down by late in the third quarter. We could, perhaps have been 4 goals up at 3/4 time and we might have been able to hold on - but the team had run out of legs before then. Whether that should happen is a question for the fitness staff - but it was always a big ask to go to the other side of the country twice in a row and I thought they battled well, especially when they went behind so quickly, so early - i thought we might be in for a 20-goal thrashing watching the early part of the game.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

Monco Matt wrote:

To be fair the Umps gave the pricks the fuking earth, did not miss a beat for the eagles. that had a lot to do with it too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

Monco Matt wrote:

To be fair the Umps gave the pricks the fuking earth, did not miss a beat for the eagles. that had a lot to do with it too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
The is a very bad loss. Never should have lost that game. We absolutely froze in the last 5 minutes and that is extremely worrying. Great sides DO NOT wilt like that. It happened very quickly. We went from dominating and controlling the game and looking strong (yet not ultimately converting enough) to folding our hand as soon as the Eagles raised their bet. Our midfield stopped dead and became spectators. I blame Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, DeGoey, WHE, Sier, Cox, Adams, Thomas & Phillips (the entire midfield group) for that loss...they all went missing as a collective when they needed to stand tall. Plus, the Eagles played the whole game a man down and we still could not capitalize. Still only one win for the season against top 8 sides. Very disappointed in Cox who didn't do much at all, barely even gave our ground force supply let alone take a mark. DeGoey kicked a couple of goals but was very underwhelming. Pendles was not physical enough IMO. A boy we wasted so many chances as we do so often in big games like this. We are just not ready, simple as that. Next week will not be easy against the GWS. I still can't believe we lost that game the way we did. Someone wake
me up.

They killed our midfield again!! Grundy with all the hit outs and Dom Sheed... Dom Sheed kills us in the clearances!! Very frustrating... We lacked composure, especially in defence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18   

Jump to: