Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Sydney. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
Oh my God,I think I just about died five times in that last quarter,In reality we should have one by a lot more,6 goals 14 is pathetic.We should have won by at least five goals.Too many players who just aren’t up to it,I’m afraid.Daicos was the highlight,he has real skills.Looking forward to seeing his brother play in the coming years.He’s supposed to be even better than Josh.

Nick is Said to be a Very Special Talent

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:31 pm

masoncox wrote:
People need to watch Grundy performance tonite.
His attitude was completely different than the last few weeks.
He was absolutely determined.
Without him tonite we would have easily lost.

2nd That. He was a Massive Reason why we got over the Line.

Put in 100% of Everything. Starting to get Back to his Dominance Self again

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
CCFC Twitter: "NB on Quaynor: Isaac has split his shin, 6-8 inches… completely open".
So gone for a few weeks as long as it heals well and some chance of coming back before the end of the season.

Surprised players don’t wear small shin guards to tell you the truth.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:36 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
CCFC Twitter: "NB on Quaynor: Isaac has split his shin, 6-8 inches… completely open".
So gone for a few weeks as long as it heals well and some chance of coming back before the end of the season.

Surprised players don’t wear small shin guards to tell you the truth.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Mason Cox better get a run against the Crows.

We need to fix this forward issue out quickly.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

Cox is NOT the Answer

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:40 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Stinga wrote:

Let them play Bucks, let them play!!

I'm sorry, but the lack of flair and dare has nothing to do with Bucks not letting them play that way!!! Do you think he would've taken young Daics aside after the game and told him not to play on his natural instincts ever again???? Do you think he's instructing the players to handball to a team mate under pressure? To kick it at random into the forward line???

Sheesh... so few footy supporters have any understanding of the mental side of the game. As several posters here tonight have tried to point out, the player's confidence in themselves and their team mates was massacred by the bloody Eagles from the second quarter of that game!!! Like missing goals, a lack of confidence spreads through a team like wild-fire, hence playing ugly football.
The only way the boys can get their confidence and belief back to take risks is by winning games under adverse circumstances - like tonight.

When you have a strict game plan and the ‘right way to play‘ as drilled into you all pre season and weekly by the coaches, your instinct to take the game on and express yourself (a la IQ in his first few games) is clouded by questions like ‘what does the game plan dictate I do?” Any other player probably centres that kick by Daicos for fear of not adhering to team rules, which is why Collingwood highlight packages are so freakin’ boring these days.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Donny wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
we got the chocolates but we certainly dont deserve them...

Oh yes, we DO.

Gutsy win, with 1 left on the bench and the Swans looking for all the World like they'd beat us in a close finish.

The boys dug deep and Daics sealed it - emphatically. Very Happy

Look, just because we lost a player in the first minute and then our biggest ball winner early in the third quarter and then a third player when the game was up for grabs, doesn’t mean we deserve to win it .... oh wait, maybe it does 😉
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:59 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

When you have a strict game plan and the ‘right way to play‘ as drilled into you all pre season and weekly by the coaches, your instinct to take the game on and express yourself (a la IQ in his first few games) is clouded by questions like ‘what does the game plan dictate I do?” Any other player probably centres that kick by Daicos for fear of not adhering to team rules, which is why Collingwood highlight packages are so freakin’ boring these days.

Every coach would have a strict game plan that acts as a template for the "right way to play", so Bucks is no different in this regard. Not to have a strict game plan would be football suicide, unless you have a team full of Cyril Rioli's all over the ground. It's just that at the moment, we actually don't have many, highly skilled, instinctive players available (Pendles, JDG for example), plus the whole team has been playing in recent weeks without confidence.
As I said previously, you reckon Bucks admonished Daics tonight or IQ for his runs off the backline or a Crisp sneaking down to kick goals or any other examples of brilliant, individual play??? Can't see it myself.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Holy crap, have you seen IQ's leg? Know wonder they were holding it carefully. They were holding the skin together.
Achilles 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:06 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:

Cox is NOT the Answer

True, but he’s an answer.
35reasons 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:15 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Proves to me we don't play cox again. The statue wouldn't of done anymore than what Reid did or Cameron the week before. He obviously hasn't proved to anyone at Collingwood t h at he deserves a recall.

I disagree. No matter whether he has a direct impact on the game or not, Cox’s presence in the forward line straightens us up and the forwards are just more effective overall. Neither Cameron nor Reid have had a similar impact. The outrageous number of behinds kicked tonight bear testament to just how ineffective our forwards are without him there. Of course, missing JDG doesn’t help either.

Notwithstanding the rubbish game tonight, there are positives: Daicos, Madgen, Maynard: all outstanding. Callum Brown just has so much poise and footy intelligence. And toughing out those last 6.5 minutes with just one on the bench is hopefully the type of gutsy team effort that might just turn things around.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:18 pm

35reasons wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Proves to me we don't play cox again. The statue wouldn't of done anymore than what Reid did or Cameron the week before. He obviously hasn't proved to anyone at Collingwood t h at he deserves a recall.

I disagree. No matter whether he has a direct impact on the game or not, Cox’s presence in the forward line straightens us up and the forwards are just more effective overall. Neither Cameron nor Reid have had a similar impact. The outrageous number of behinds kicked tonight bear testament to just how ineffective our forwards are without him there. Of course, missing JDG doesn’t help either.

Notwithstanding the rubbish game tonight, there are positives: Daicos, Madgen, Maynard: all outstanding. Callum Brown just has so much poise and footy intelligence. And toughing out those last 6.5 minutes with just one on the bench is hopefully the type of gutsy team effort that might just turn things around.

Agree - tonight proves to me we DO need Cox back in the team

tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Donny wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
we got the chocolates but we certainly dont deserve them...

Oh yes, we DO.

Gutsy win, with 1 left on the bench and the Swans looking for all the World like they'd beat us in a close finish.

The boys dug deep and Daics sealed it - emphatically. Very Happy

Look, just because we lost a player in the first minute and then our biggest ball winner early in the third quarter and then a third player when the game was up for grabs, doesn’t mean we deserve to win it .... oh wait, maybe it does 😉

And don't forget we were coming off a 4 day break following a return from Perth - 1 day less rest than the swans

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:25 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
Holy crap, have you seen IQ's leg? Know wonder they were holding it carefully. They were holding the skin together.

Where did you see that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12   

Jump to: