Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SO, is ALL forgiven now, for Collingwood, in fans eyes ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn’t matter if Treloar & Stevenson have good years at their new clubs. It doesn’t matter if Collingwood fall into the eight next year either. What matters is building a sustainable people first culture that drives consistent performance. The point is, through their own mismanagement, Collingwood decided to tell a player his teammates didnt want him and they weren’t happy with his marital status. Stevenson was not spoken to by the coach. It’s a broken culture with the people making mistakes in leadership roles trying to save themselves by throwing others under the bus. There is a complete lack of governance that requires change and accountability at all levels before any success will be realised.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:18 am

All I can say is we dodged a bullet by Gunston turning us down. He is out for next 5 months due to back injury.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:53 am

Piesnchess wrote:
^ The proof will be in the pudding regarding Adam at the Kennel. Goodluck to him, but i still say, why were the Dogs, the only club interested in him, one would think the Blues, Dons, Eagles, etc who love rubbing our noses in it, would have been lining up for his services, especially seeing we are paying him a fair bit to play at the Dogs too. ? Why no big clubs, why only the Dogs ?

I daresay other clubs were scared off by a still not insignificant salary with such a long term commitment to a player who may have soft tissue problems (or may not). A player who can find the footy at will but turn it over with regularity.

The Bulldogs have plenty of ball winners and might be looking to use Ads on the outside providing run - where he was most effective in his best years at Collingwood. His disposal in these situations isn't as bad as when he's rushed and under pressure.

Other clubs may have been questioning what role he would fill for them, and if it was inside, been concerned at the rate in which he turns it over.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:36 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
What matters is building a sustainable people first culture that drives consistent performance. The point is, through their own mismanagement, Collingwood decided to tell a player his teammates didnt want him and they weren’t happy with his marital status. Stevenson was not spoken to by the coach. It’s a broken culture with the people making mistakes in leadership roles trying to save themselves by throwing others under the bus. There is a complete lack of governance that requires change and accountability at all levels before any success will be realised.

Yep, in the wash-up, this is the perspective that remains with me.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:04 pm

^ The truth of the matter, albeit it was handled pretty messy by the powers that be, there is NO easy way to tell a player his services are no longer wanted, or required, or needed, really. Its a gut wrenching moment for player and Club, tears and bit of heartache, its never an easy assignment. Really.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:21 pm

The easiest of all of the difficult ways of telling a player they are no longer required, is firstly, tell them, secondly, tell the truth.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:26 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
It doesn’t matter if Treloar & Stevenson have good years at their new clubs. It doesn’t matter if Collingwood fall into the eight next year either. What matters is building a sustainable people first culture that drives consistent performance. The point is, through their own mismanagement, Collingwood decided to tell a player his teammates didnt want him and they weren’t happy with his marital status. Stevenson was not spoken to by the coach. It’s a broken culture with the people making mistakes in leadership roles trying to save themselves by throwing others under the bus. There is a complete lack of governance that requires change and accountability at all levels before any success will be realised.

Sums it up. Rather than admit that they totally stuffed up the salary cap and list management,they concocted excuses to blame the players instead. It leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:53 pm

^ WE blew the salary cap, yes, and we acted on it, and all hell broke loose. But, if anyone here thinks other sides wont be forced to do this too, then they are surely kidding themselves. We WONT be the only Club who blows the cap, other teams like friggin Geelong, prime example, will blow theirs, and will have to go down the same unpalatable road we have gone down, make NO mistake bout that. And, i cant wait for the shit to hit the fan at other Clubs, lets see how their supporters handle that, when they have to cull star players. ! Karma can be a right bitch at times, i tell you that !

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^ WE blew the salary cap, yes, and we acted on it, and all hell broke loose. But, if anyone here thinks other sides wont be forced to do this too, then they are surely kidding themselves. We WONT be the only Club who blows the cap, other teams like friggin Geelong, prime example, will blow theirs, and will have to go down the same unpalatable road we have gone down, make NO mistake bout that. And, i cant wait for the shit to hit the fan at other Clubs, lets see how their supporters handle that, when they have to cull star players. ! Karma can be a right bitch at times, i tell you that !

Blowing the cap is not the main point, other clubs will do it, but who cares about other clubs? The problem is how we dealt with it. How we showed a complete lack of leadership and governance and how those at the top went to extreme lengths to save their arses by, not just letting players go, but lying to them or ignoring them in order to shift blame. It’s cowardly, no success can emanate from such tactics.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Or their players are happy to put together a successful team by taking a fair salary, unlike Collingwoods ruckman who bent the club over and they took it.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:17 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Or their players are happy to put together a successful team by taking a fair salary, unlike Collingwoods ruckman who bent the club over and they took it.

Par for the course nowdays pal, do u honestly think Buddy has been worth all the coin the Swans have paid him, many top players screw their clubs now for big, big money, not just us ive read fans of other teams, whingeing obut what they pay overs for their stars, Grundy aint the ony one., What we have done, will come to pass at other teams, make no mistake. Surprised

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Blowing the cap is not the main point, other clubs will do it, but who cares about other clubs? The problem is how we dealt with it. How we showed a complete lack of leadership and governance and how those at the top went to extreme lengths to save their arses by, not just letting players go, but lying to them or ignoring them in order to shift blame. It’s cowardly, no success can emanate from such tactics.

Yeh, it was messy, not a good look, my take is that we kinda panicked, shit the nest, and tried to ride it out, and it bit us on the bum. A poor moment in our long history, but such moments have happened at other clubs for a long, long time, and no, i dont care bout them, but one must point out the fact its not just us that m ake clusterfucks of things. The die is cast, and as u have said, time too move on, and with a pretty young and exciting team.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:01 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Yep, these are my sentiments too. It actually shocked me that the leaders and management of the club could behave in such a lowly, self-serving manner.
Still, I probably needed the wool finally being pulled away from my eyes. Wink I naively thought that being Collingwood, our various officials and leaders would always " uphold the Magpie name" and never fall victim to the self protecting (or arse-covering) behaviours so evident in many other corporate institutions. A necessary lesson has been well learnt and I will view the various machinations of the club will a healthy degree of objectivity and logical detachment from now on.

Except for the players who wear the black and white of course - I will always be "side by side" with them and emotionally invested in them. Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:33 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
The easiest of all of the difficult ways of telling a player they are no longer required, is firstly, tell them, secondly, tell the truth.

This, it’s not hard, just this. To tear down a man who did the team player thing re his salary, who has already fought off his demons, with lies, is unforgivable, talk about lack of trust in the playing group. It’s amateur hour at best.

Can’t remember who said it but he said we are just the first team to be in this trouble, others will follow and it will be worse, let’s hope they handle it better. I’m looking forward to seeing the new kids, but I’m still bloody embarrassed about the Treloar situation and having nearly all extended family as doggie fans is not helping, the anthem will play at my beloved Father in laws funeral on Monday, funnily enough because I insisted on it!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:35 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Yep, these are my sentiments too. It actually shocked me that the leaders and management of the club could behave in such a lowly, self-serving manner.
Still, I probably needed the wool finally being pulled away from my eyes. Wink I naively thought that being Collingwood, our various officials and leaders would always " uphold the Magpie name" and never fall victim to the self protecting (or arse-covering) behaviours so evident in many other corporate institutions. A necessary lesson has been well learnt and I will view the various machinations of the club will a healthy degree of objectivity and logical detachment from now on.

Except for the players who wear the black and white of course - I will always be "side by side" with them and emotionally invested in them. Smile

I don’t have your faith in human nature anymore, but Bucks part in it shocks me, as much as I’ve long believed he has a lack of understanding of handling different personalities, I always thought he was a long way above this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: