Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 15 - Magpies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

woops!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:57 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Just when things are going swimmingly (close wins, no injuries) one of our important players decides to royally F things up. Yes, he did, by travelling overseas for a ‘good time’ in a damn contract year. Is it so damn hard to stay home and at least pretend to be professional? Was never going to end well.

Never change, Pies.

Really makes investing time, energy and emotion (and money) into this club a damn chore sometimes.

But apparently those who predicted it are part of the cause! I dunno if people say doing something is a bad idea in case ....... happens, I kinda make sure it won’t, rather than look for trouble to test it!

I have plenty of faith in the team that will take the field. One player doesn’t make the team. It’s insulting to the rest of the players busting their arses for the entire game every week! Keep Toby under control, tag whoever it is needs tagging, but I have faith in the coaches, so far this season they have proven they are more than capable of seeing gaps in the game as it’s played and fixing them. It’s been such a delight to watch us play this year, even the losses, just the way the players are going about it.

I’m looking forward to it! Cheers

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:00 am

^ JDG has played 7 games in his career against GWS for an average of 13 disposals per game and a total of 8 goals. He won't be missed.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:12 am

We have handled the future without Grundy

We will handle our future without Jordan

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:42 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ JDG has played 7 games in his career against GWS for an average of 13 disposals per game and a total of 8 goals. He won't be missed.

Gees.... really? That’s a pretty crap record!

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:52 am

As we must always remember this club is bigger then one player. Win lose or draw...
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:16 am

With a few exceptions, marquee players are overrated. Hawthorn didn’t skip a beat when Franklin left, and Sydney didn’t win a flag with him.

The only players whose absence seems to really hurt their side at the moment are probably Dustin Mrtin and Toby Greene. Pendlebury has been close for us. I haven’t done the stats, but I think we rarely win without his telling distribution.

What wins games is the average quality of your side, plus the overall cohesion of the players in it. On form, without JDG we should win Sunday.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 am

great post, interesting too
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:33 am

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

The much-maligned Jarryd Blair's record against them was 5 games for 6 goals (plus a further 8 goal assists) and an average of 17 and a half disposals per game. Of course, with his size and strength, Jarryd was a "contested-ball beast", so it's not surprising that he averaged more tackles, more contested possessions, more inside 50s, more clearances and more contested marks per game against GWS than De Goey does.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:37 am

Giants $3.60 into $2.60 - they're certainties.
We can't beat them without Jordy.
Club is a mess. Any chance the president can speak or his he just another name on a board.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:41 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

The much-maligned Jarryd Blair's record against them was 5 games for 6 goals (plus a further 8 goal assists) and an average of 17 and a half disposals per game. Of course, with his size and strength, Jarryd was a "contested-ball beast", so it's not surprising that he averaged more tackles, more contested possessions, more inside 50s, more clearances and more contested marks per game against GWS than De Goey does.

oh my gosh i actually thought about him earlier when someone said hes a match winner, and i thought nah id rather have a trier who plays the whole match! great stats, thanks!!!!

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:49 am

I'm glad in a way that people are so pessimistic about our chances this game. All signs seem to be pointing to a loss. So a win will be huge for the club and for our season.

It's not often that a team coming off a four-game winning streak gets to come into a match with their backs against the wall. There'll be no risk of complacency, that's for sure.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:01 am

Meredith1965 wrote:
With a few exceptions, marquee players are overrated. Hawthorn didn’t skip a beat when Franklin left, and Sydney didn’t win a flag with him.

The only players whose absence seems to really hurt their side at the moment are probably Dustin Mrtin and Toby Greene. Pendlebury has been close for us. I haven’t done the stats, but I think we rarely win without his telling distribution.

What wins games is the average quality of your side, plus the overall cohesion of the players in it. On form, without JDG we should win Sunday.

Couldn’t agree more. Aussie rules is close to the ultimate team game, especially with so many on the ground at one time. Good coaches are looking to spread the load and reduce the reliance on individuals anyway, so it’s counter productive to revolve game plans and strategies around individuals.
If you’re switched on as a collective, then the desired outcome usually looks after itself. If you’re not, you generally get beaten.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:37 am

David wrote:
I'm glad in a way that people are so pessimistic about our chances this game. All signs seem to be pointing to a loss. So a win will be huge for the club and for our season.

It's not often that a team coming off a four-game winning streak gets to come into a match with their backs against the wall. There'll be no risk of complacency, that's for sure.

I’m not pessimistic at all, only those who think the messiah is missing are worried! I have faith in The three kings!

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:43 am

BazBoy wrote:
We have handled the future without Grundy

We will handle our future without Jordan

I second that!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13   

Jump to: