Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the fuzz wrote:
Beau Mcreary. Pure guts. Does not lose a contest.
He’s few efforts in the last, won us the game

Yep, he's so tenacious and epitomises fighting spirit.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:57 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I shouldn't be surprised after last year but call me stunned.

Amazing stuff, just amazing.

It seemed more unlikely given the crazy free kick differential.

Bombers were the lucky recipients of over umpiring in the first quarter, that's for sure.
Perhaps the umpires were nervous given the occasion, but geez, they were woeful.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:59 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

I think there was a bit of rope of dope coming into the last quarter. They got back into it ( late ) in the third quarter when Frampton was off for a rest. Johnson was understandably outclassed as a relief ruckman and gave away a free to Draper who converted to add more pain. The Bombers never had a back up mid field rotation, particularly without Merrett, so we should have always been in a position to outrun them in the last qtr. Frampton started in the last quarter and we went to town on them with a deep midfield that still had a bit in the tank. To do that without Pendlebury having any impact for the last 15 mins made the comeback even more impressive.

We didn't have Adams, so how did their loss of Merrett set them back in midfield rotations? Good point about Frampton being off in the 3rd quarter allowing them a window of opportunity - I will review the replay of that to learn. But why does that mean we should have always been able to outrun them in the last quarter? As you say, the fact that Pendles was missing for the last 15 minutes makes this victory all the more impressive. To me, in that last quarter, every single player lifted. It infused the entire team: Will kelly, Trey Ruscoe, Oleg Markov, everyone. It was not based on midfield rotations. It was instead based on something not captured in statistics. It is based on: i) superlative levels of fitness that no other team in the comp understands (yet) how to emulate and ii) a mindset that no other team (yet) knows how to create.

Larabee 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:02 pm

Truly outstanding last quarter. Relentless positive pressure. Congrats also to Essendon as they played really well but were run over by a Mack truck. Cheering loud and proud on the NSW north coast.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:04 pm

And on the 7th day he raised Collingwood from the dead to defeat the old enemy in battle.

Today we saw the emergence of a true leader, a champion. We we gone, down and out but one man said "No! I will not allow us to lose this game on this day". And so it was written, chiseled in stone that he who shall be named herein from this day forward as "The Chosen One" dragged the Collingwood Football Club off it's knees on to an inspirational victory against the odds against a hated enemy on a day where heroes are crowned.

A star is born!

MONCO: Your life.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:06 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
And on the 7th day he raised Collingwood from the dead to defeat the old enemy in battle.

Today we saw the emergence of a true leader, a champion. We we gone, down and out but one man said "No! I will not allow us to lose this game on this day". And so it was written, chiseled in stone that he who shall be named herein from this day forward as "The Chosen One" dragged the Collingwood Football Club off it's knees on to an inspirational victory against the odds against a hated enemy on a day where heroes are crowned.

A star is born!

...and the name of the star?
Fly?
Nick Daicos?
Would like some enlightenment.
By the way, Easter was two weeks ago, and Xmas 5 months ago.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:10 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
READ YOUR COMMENTS DURING THE GAME - You people are retarded, you blame the coach and the players DURING a game and then celebrate a win. It's not over until it's over FFS. Call yourselves supporters, BS.

Tend to agree ( perhaps not as strongly ) but it’s a “ supporters “ right, I guess. Lucky the players don’t have the same attitudes or we would never win a close one.

Supporters are not professional athletes.
The players don't have the same attitude because they are professional athletes.
Supporters are not "retarded" because they lose their cool.

M M, because I’ve been around footy clubs all my life, so I have a healthy respect for anyone who goes out and plays the game. It’s a tough game and these guys give it their all, week in, week out and participating at the elite level lends itself to making mistakes occasionally. One of the reasons some mistakes occur is because we are playing high risk, high reward footy and that means mistakes will occur. Perhaps as supporters, we should learn to embrace the imperfections rather than feel the need to put every player to the sword the moment he screws up. After all, it’s the want to take a chance that has us in a strong position already in 2023.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:14 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

A star is born!

...and the name of the star?
Fly?
Nick Daicos?
Would like some enlightenment.
By the way, Easter was two weeks ago, and Xmas 5 months ago.

I think you might be the type of guy that turns the music off at a party.

MONCO: Your life.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:15 pm

[quote="Pies2016"][quote="Magpietothemax"]
Pies2016 wrote:
[quote="Born to Pie

M M, because I’ve been around footy clubs all my life, so I have a healthy respect for anyone who goes out and plays the game. It’s a tough game and these guys give it their all, week in, week out and participating at the elite level lends itself to making mistakes occasionally. One of the reasons some mistakes occur is because we are playing high risk, high reward footy and that means mistakes will occur. Perhaps as supporters, we should learn to embrace the imperfections rather than feel the need to put every player to the sword the moment he screws up. After all, it’s the want to take a chance that has us in a strong position already in 2023.

Fair enough P2016. I respect your experience and understanding. No doubt you are right about this, and I agree. I have absolutely no experience around footy clubs, yet I believe that I can visualise the immense courage under extreme pressure that AFL players produce every game, and mistakes are inevitable.
But others might be different. Yet they still love the pies.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:16 pm

Thanks to Darcy, not only for his superb speech, but to his incredible defensive work and intercepts, especially in the first half. The lead we had t peg back would been much greater without him. 👍
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:16 pm

Monco Matt wrote:

I think you might be the type of guy that turns the music off at a party.

Never, unless I don't like it.

rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:20 pm

One huge factor during that last quarter was the Collingwood army chant reverberating around the G after each goal. What an absolute cauldron we are creating in the big games. It had to be a contributing factor to our win. It was so loud i was getting goose bumps. The besieged Bombers must have been shell shocked at each centre bounce. How good does it feel as supporters that we can make our own contribution and motivate the boys and influence the result.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:21 pm

the fuzz wrote:

McCreery, McScary. Felt like he took his game to another level!!!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:21 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
the fuzz wrote:

McCreery, McScary. Felt like he took his game to another level!!!

Yeah, McCreery was McScarey. So true. He was a juggernaut.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:25 pm

rambler wrote:
One huge factor during that last quarter was the Collingwood army chant reverberating around the G after each goal. What an absolute cauldron we are creating in the big games. It had to be a contributing factor to our win. It was so loud i was getting goose bumps. The besieged Bombers must have been shell shocked at each centre bounce. How good does it feel as supporters that we can make our own contribution and motivate the boys and influence the result.

Great post. 👍Just watching on TV, I was willing the Collingwood crowd to start the chant. That sort of support must impact the players to lift and give their all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14   

Jump to: