Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Swans. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mosig wrote:
I guess the league in their wisdom assumed the Pies wouldnt make great TV this year - or they are trying to milk us for ratings in the dead slots

They are trying to give us time to recover from the Anzac Day scheduling. I’m happy with that.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:49 pm

Cam wrote:
Their uncontested marks and stats far exceeded us. Get used to it, I think other teams will cotton on. Keeps us busy chasing, and isolating our rolling pack.

I wish them the best of luck in their endeavours; they'll need it.
It's all good and well to say yeah, that's how we'll roll the Pies, BUT you need to be skilled enough to keep possession.
Sure Sydney can, and a few other top sides perhaps, but any teams outside the eight probably don't have the nous to keep it up for extended periods of game time.
And by permutation of the fixture, we'll strike a few of these teams after the bye, so bring it flogs.

You guys have already summed up my observations of the game in the 5 previous pages, so no need for me to crap on right now.
But make no mistake - that was a brutal, bruising contest, despite the sloppy disposal standard for much of first half, we again found a way.

So to summarise: fuckyou Pink Ducks, and share a jumbo size bucket of dicks to eat Princess Franklin and Papsmear.

W7/L1; our best start since 2011 I presume?
Safe harbour on the horizon Pies; keep weathering the storm...

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:56 pm

CASUAL OBSERVATIONS:

1. Quaynor's best game for club
2. 52 tackles for "1" holding the ball FREES
3. Bobby Hill needs a spell
4. We had many down players today:

* McCreery
* Hill
* Markov
* Noble

5. Was bloody cold

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:06 pm

Haff wrote:
Why were the Collingwood supporters booing Buddy? Can’t think of any reason…

I’ve no problem with people booing for a reason but there is no reason to boo Buddy. Been a generational champion of the game. Probably won’t see him again this year v the Pies, or ever again after this season. we should be thanking him for his contribution to footy. One player I loved to watch in his hey day. We should be better than that Collingwood fans.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:09 pm

inxs88 wrote:
CASUAL OBSERVATIONS:

1. Quaynor's best game for club
2. 52 tackles for "1" holding the ball FREES
3. Bobby Hill needs a spell
4. We had many down players today:

* McCreery
* Hill
* Markov
* Noble

5. Was bloody cold

Yes, IQ was brilliant.
Thought Noble was fine though. Made a few errors, but made up for it with his constant rebound energy and ability to link up further up the ground. Swans thought he was a threat because they tried to decapitate him twice in 30 seconds.
Markov I thought was OK.
McCreery did not get enough possessions, but his pressure is always a factor in our F50.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:10 pm

Nearly wrote:
mosig wrote:
I guess the league in their wisdom assumed the Pies wouldnt make great TV this year - or they are trying to milk us for ratings in the dead slots

They are trying to give us time to recover from the Anzac Day scheduling. I’m happy with that.

Travis Auld gives us nothing

DT 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:11 pm

Yeah I am not for booing Franklin albeit I don’t like him for how he handled a traffic accident which he caused years ago against someone I knew which caused a lot of pain. He wasn’t good in dealing with that.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:14 pm

pietillidie wrote:
An expected ugly game, but solid overall with the senior players keeping it difficult and taxing for the opponent, and the turbos switched on with Nicky into the middle and Ginni subbed in. The media focus will be on efforts to nullify Nicky and our protection of him early, but behind closed doors our focus will be on his 10-possy last term from the middle.

The biggest plus this week was an early look at Coxy's structural influence. Against dour sides like this doing their best to clog the middle, good forward structure is the antidote. So, to see the Coxy give Checkers the relief he deserves, helping the hardest working battering ram at the club bag 5, and Frampers to go another level while knowing Coxy is there for him, is much bigger than the headlines will suggest.

Also great to see Jamie starting to build, which I reckon is a conscious management plan given a combo of his size (for the role he plays), injury history and age. You know Ginni's impact will grow as the year progresses, and Beau will play more defensive roles.

Teams have been able to focus on our small forwards, but let's see what unfolds as Jamie, Ginni and Coxy build.

Overall, there was maturity in this win, with a very even contribution from senior players and some positive structural gains. That makes it really hard for the opponent, who trying to wear us down only wear themselves down.

Win brilliant. Win late. Win solid. Win ugly. You need 'em all in the tool bag.

This is a very insightful comment. I will take a note to look out for more Pietilldie. Good stuff!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:34 pm

I was hoping Papley would suffer a Maynard super tackle. But his fate during this game was even worse: he was irrelevant.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:43 pm

And this Collingwood team has yet to encounter 6 of the teams currently sitting in the bottom 7 of the competition...

All the while, Carlton and Essendon slip further away from their 17th flags.

With no injuries or reports, and the safe return of Begg, Draper and Ryan to VFL action it has been a most satisfactory weekend for The Carringbush...

Floreat Pica.

Rex 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:51 pm

I went to the game and sat in a nest of swans, which was fun, then came home and watched it again. A great, tough game. Go Pies.
Of the ten teams immediately below us on the ladder we have now played seven and won six. Of the bottom seven teams we have played one and won it. So we’ve played a lot of reasonable teams so far and prevailed. We’re about to enter an easier run and hopefully we will win all and boost our percentage.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:55 pm

piedys wrote:
Cam wrote:
Their uncontested marks and stats far exceeded us. Get used to it, I think other teams will cotton on. Keeps us busy chasing, and isolating our rolling pack.

I wish them the best of luck in their endeavours; they'll need it.
It's all good and well to say yeah, that's how we'll roll the Pies, BUT you need to be skilled enough to keep possession.
Sure Sydney can, and a few other top sides perhaps, but any teams outside the eight probably don't have the nous to keep it up for extended periods of game time.
And by permutation of the fixture, we'll strike a few of these teams after the bye, so bring it flogs.

You guys have already summed up my observations of the game in the 5 previous pages, so no need for me to crap on right now.
But make no mistake - that was a brutal, bruising contest, despite the sloppy disposal standard for much of first half, we again found a way.

W7/L1; our best start since 2011 I presume?
Safe harbour on the horizon Pies; keep weathering the storm...

Great comment Piedys ( I deleted the X rated content).
Exactly my thoughts re the concept of chipping it around in their back half as a viable way to stop us. The problem is, they still need to get out of our F50, and we are so alert with our hunt for the ball, that there is no contest they will be able to kick to without immediate pressure. Chipping the ball around as they did in their D50 is not in any way a frightening prospect for us.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:09 pm

Haff wrote:
Why were the Collingwood supporters booing Buddy? Can’t think of any reason…

Yeah it’s a tough question…😂😂

But maybe instead of booing a dirty, sniping past it whiner we should, feel sorry for him. By his reactions, he has never been beaten cleanly in a contest once in his entire career and the umpires should have given him 10 free kicks at least today.

He’s a smug, arrogant SOB as well so I for one won’t miss seeing him play.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:17 pm

I couldn't be bothered booing Franklin- I would not have done it had I attended today.

Franklin is 5 games short of 350- I assume that he will get there and immediately hang up his boots.

He has been a phenomenal athlete and footballer, but time has caught up with him and his continued presence delays the development of other Swans players.

Whenever he retires, he will go out as a Legend of the game.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:22 pm

Fly's presser

You must be happy with the way your team fought the game out well?
Quote:
"Yeah, I just mentioned after the game, the ability to adapt and evolve our game plan on the run. You get to Round 8 and the opposition are looking at what you're doing well and they try to take that away, and then they find opportunities to exploit you. We're the same, but on a day like today against really good opposition just to find a way and get the job done, it was really pleasing".

Do you feel like you're the 'hunted' all of a sudden?
Quote:
"I'm not sure. I don't know. What do you think?

Possibly.
Quote:
"Yeah, I'm not sure. I have to give that a bit more thought, but to be honest we're just sort of living in the next opposition and living in trying to be a better version of ourselves, and I haven't given that much thought".

Were you expecting Sydney to do what they did in this game?
Quote:
"Yeah, we got everything we thought we would get. It's one thing to know what's coming, and the other thing is to try and stop some things. Credit to them, I thought the game was on a knife's edge for a major part of the game. Like the last two or three games, our pressure in the last quarter just goes to another level and teams right now are struggling with it".

Did you like how the guys 'flew the flag' at the start?
Quote:
"Yeah, we want to be a team that does that. I've said this often that when someone comes we want to go back at them, but within the rules. I was really pleased. Last week was the same. Week before someone comes at one of us, there's a 'flying the flag' if you like using that language, but there's not a stepping over the rules of the game. We don't want to be undisciplined, but we stand up for each other".

Last week, you said you didn't want Nick Daicos to be the story and you even said it was a bit of a non-story, how's he coping with the added pressure and attention on him?
Quote:
"I haven't asked him about it to be honest. I think it's a natural part of any good player in the competition. You go back in time, every very good player has had to go through this, and some have to do it for longer. This is his lot right now. He's a second year player just going really well and the opposition want to take that away. I was really pleased with his last quarter. He had 10 possessions in the last quarter and went into the midfield. Did his thing, so he's a hard player to stop".

What did you think of the impact Jack Ginnivan had in the last quarter?
Quote:
"I liked it. I really liked it and I don't like the rule as it sits right now where you've got to name 22 and the subs are 'dropped'. You know, we don't see it in that light. We mentioned that in our group, he's in our best 23. It'll look different next week possibly. Bobby Hill goes off because just because and then we rotate Jack in and he impacts. I don't like the rule, and I don't know if we can change it. Maybe we can change the rule, but we were very happy with Jack's impact on the game".

It looked like Jack [Ginnivan] was a bit 'stung' about being dropped?
Quote:
"We don't see him being dropped though. We had that conversation. I sat on my couch and said [to him] 'no, you're not dropped'. We're all trying to be better and we want to perform better but this game's a very hard one to do it week to week, but particularly playing a role like him and Bobby [Hill] are playing. Beau McCreery had low numbers today, but it's a difficult role. We get it. I played it for a long time, I realise it. You don't touch it, and then you got to see value in other things so we're trying to see value in other things and support them along the way".

What are the other things you're trying to see 'value' in?
Quote:
"If you watch closely how in offence the way that they set the field up for us, play a massive part in what we're doing. Get the behind the goals footage and you'll see the value in what they do for others".

Brody Mihocek had a career best 5 goals today. How proud are you to see him get rewarded for that?
Quote:
"Yeah, it's a great thing. Checkers is a really important player to us. Two weeks ago, he had a heavy load and a lot of attention. He's so critical to us right now with Dan [McStay] out. He's carrying that job, with Ash [Johnson] goes in the ruck some weeks. We're rapt for Checkers. We love him very much and it's great for him to get rewarded".

How much did Mason Cox's return help your structure and free up Brody Mihocek to get on the end of a couple of goals?
Quote:
"A lot, and Billy Frampton continues to really impact that part of our game for us. We might have found one there in terms of that role, but Mason today allowed Checkers to rotate more, Ash Johnson to rotate more and then Mason had great energy to impact when he was on the ground. I thought he was really impressive today, Mason for the minutes he played. We tried to play him about 56% game time and I thought he had impact in the aerial contest, which was really pleasing".

On the Daicos tag, were there any tweaks to free him up or was it all him in the last quarter?
Quote:
"No, we've got plans in place. We're not surprised by him getting tagged. I said last week, I playing chess with my dad and he liked playing against me till I started beating him and he didn't want to play anymore. He taught me about the importance of thinking ahead and two moves ahead in chess and that's what we'd like to do, not only with Nick, but in the game. We want to be strategic in what it looks like if he's not impacting or whatever's happening, is it Nick or whatever the parts of our game we want to be two steps ahead. We've got a plan around that".

Taylor Adams was involved in a heavy collision in the last quarter, how is he?
Quote:
"I think he's okay. I was a bit worried for him too. It was one of those knee contacts. He's a bit sore, but at this stage he looks fine".

How big was your skipper's performance today?
Quote:
"He's an amazing player, isn't he. I don't know if we give him enough credit or there's enough accolades. He's had 30 odd possessions today. We moved him to half back for a quarter and a half. The calmness and to keep the game where we want it. I thought the game today was like I said on a 'knife's edge' but you had to manage when to go fast and when to control the ball and he's just done that so well for us". He's a remarkable player".

^ NOTE: Question was asked about Moore, but Fly started talking about Pendles instead. Must have forgotten for a moment that Pendles was no longer the skipper.

Give us your thoughts on Buddy being booed today?
Quote:
"I've said this before, but I'm not a booer. We don't boo at home. You pay your money, you do whatever you want. I must admit, I didn't hear it but I don't know whether I had the headsets on or whatever, but we just don't boo".

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1325850/post-match-press-conference-mcrae?videoId=1325850&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1683452202001

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12   

Jump to: