Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s our estimated crowd attendance for me it’s around 92-93k mark
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:04 pm

watt price tully wrote:
The media have been getting into Carlton big time. This is a line in the sand time for them. Backs to the wall and all that jazz.

Yep, this game has danger written all over it. Today it’s Mathew Lloyd doing his brother Brad Lloyd a favour and basically stating that if Carlscum lose this, Voss’s ability to coach will be questioned and that the boiling heat will be on him. Rev up, rev up, rev up. If the planets finally align for the scum, they could blindside us with an arsey game of terrific football 😲 Danger game ⚠️ ⛔️ ☢️

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:55 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:
^^
And even more chance having Yoko Ono give this week's pre-match speech.

Not sure if the message would get through ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68&ab_channel=GrandmasterofWin

Lol, such a speech not unlike Voss' rhetoric,
the results are on the Carlton field. Very Happy Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:32 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
And for that reason alone, I’m not sure I would be in such a hurry to bring Cameron straight into the firsts if he was available.
We’ve just played our best footy since the Port Adelaide game, Cox was BOG and the player were talking about coming in is a ruckman. Everyone says we’re short ( and we are ) but we keep winning, so something must be working. Won’t hurt Cameron to play measured minutes in the VFL and at least give Cox another crack at first ruck to see if he really is an improved player in that area.
It’s a ridiculous situation we’ve arrived at with our rucks because Cameron was in fine form before his injury, Cox was BOG on the weekend and Frampton was really good during his time in the ruck before his injury. It will sort ourself out cause it’s a long season but if I’m the coach, I’m saying to Cox “ we’re going to give you another chance to do the same again this weekend “

Makes perfect sense to bring Darcy back slowly as you’ve described

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:35 pm

Darcy Cameron will be named in the extended team tomorrow night
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:44 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Yep, this game has danger written all over it 😲 Danger game ⚠️ ⛔️ ☢️

So did the GWS game apparently 🤷‍♂️🥱

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:47 pm

Liking this season we tend to name an extended bench.

We must have alot of depth as we still have injurys.

Like it week to week we name extended squad.

To me we have most depth as i can remember since around say 2010.

But i think we have more options and flexiblity then compared with 2010.

We have most spots covered and apart from ruck we cover alot of roles.

Even saying that the likes of Frampton and to a lesser extent Johnson have done a steller job could make the difference in making it top 4.

BTW whens frampton back.

I think Cameron will be used sparingly v blues and pinch hit in the ruck.

Have Cox and Cameron taking it in turns resting up forward.

Really like Cox's work in the forward line.

Cox is turning into a weapon up forward.

Could be our permanent CHF when Cameron and Begg take over full time.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:15 pm

Carlton “supporters” booing Voss and players last week.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 9:43 am

I HATE carlton.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:44 am

Noted by others on here previously but just emphasising why this is a TRUE danger game more so than any other week:

Carlscum must win this to keep their dream alive. Their players, coach and administrators have been ripped new ones by media and fans after initially being built up and awarded the ‘April Premiership’. Another promising start that may again turn into dismal failure - mediocrity at best. If they’ve any heart at all the resounding recent negative feedback and fear of another wasted season must surely lift them. The definition of a line in the sand game.

The Pies have lifted through a difficult period of key player injuries and a tough part of the draw and have continued to win based on system, guts, talent and want - side by side mentality. We’ve been up for weeks coming back several times from what seemed like impossible situations. The players and coaching team have been awesome maintaining resilience and desire to lift week after week for the W. This undoubtedly fortifies belief but it also takes a toll both physically and mentally - fatigue sets in and auto-pilot eventually takes over resulting in usually appropriate decision making being compromised. In today’s game if you’re slightly off in decision making and of course execution you’re vulnerable to being dominated in those key game winning components - pressure and tackling, toughness at the contest, ball use, and scoring.

That said, if I was told I had to fight and beat Mike Tyson to save my life, was promised huge $$$, backed into a corner, berated and revved up all week, although I’d be pumped up and telling myself I could do it, the only chance I’d ever have would be with a shot gun, lucky punch or hope that Mike showed up worse for wear in near death condition (he’d still win).

The Pies have been up for a while and it’s been said that the more you win the closer you are to your next loss. I believe the only way Carlscum win is with a lucky punch or two, a shot gun, and Mike Tyson….or the Pies show up fatigued and flat.

I’m beginning to feel the same way as I did during the 2010 & 2011 seasons….we were the masters of our own destiny and the only thing that could beat us was us - which ended up being game fatigue, off-field distractions and a phenomenal game by Dawkins out of nowhere…

All up, I have faith in our coaching, medical and physiology team to manage our players and get them through. It will be challenging but whatever motivation Carlscum come up with and utilise we will meet it head on, quell and overcome. Pies by 22.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:45 am

Josh Carmichael had a cracker of a VFL game ✔️

28 disposals
21 kicks
4 goals

Gr8 now who comes out 4 him. Maybe sub

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:46 am

FB: Ruscoe Moore IQ
CB: Maynard Murphy Naicos

C: Jaicos Pendlebury Sidebottom
R: Cameron Mitchell JDG

CF: Hill Mihocek Adams
FF: McCreery Cox Ginnivan

INT: Crisp Johnson Noble Elliott
SUB: Markov / WHE / Carmichael

In : Cameron Ruscoe
Out : WHE Markov

I'm fully confident our fitness staff will have Cameron ready to play if he passes Friday's training session.

Just think we need another tall down back, and while Ruscoe isn't a tall tall, it reflects match-ups on the Blues forward line.
Adams as a HFF adds defensive pressure, while not forgoing goal kicking impact. He's proven to be a reliable goalkicker.

If we need some leg speed out of the backline or position versatility, Markov or WHE can come in.
Carmichael can also reliably hit the scoreboard.

These selections wouldn't unsettle our backline or forward line structure, they'd actually improve it.
Cameron resting forward while rotating with Cox gives us a marking target with strong hands.
Ruscoe is a good player, the more senior game time he gets the better he'll become.

Absolutely fizzing at the bunghole in anticipation for Sunday afternoon.
We need a solid test, I hope this match lives up to expectations, and brings a finals like atmosphere on and off the ground.
I'd rather have us tested than roll over a side, bring it on.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu May 18, 2023 12:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 11:17 am

^^
Big selection dilemma this week as we all know.

It would have been better to regain Frampton this week to help cover the Carlton brutes in our backline. However, Cameron coming back means he will be resting in our forward line, not in defense. Hence the need to bring in Ruscoe, I agree with. Fly might have different ideas - partly use Cameron in defense? and only have a single change to the team. That would be creative and unexpected.

WHE is a valuable utility player and never out of the team. This week is no exception.
Carmichael MUST come in the team to show the VFL side there is reward for effort (as the sub?).

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 2:54 pm

Selection will be hard. WHE has been very good for us as has Markov (quite surprisingly imo) they both add dash and WHE generally makes good decisions.

One positive from many last week was the lack of tackling pressure applied by GWS allowing less physicality being imposed on our players. The opposite will be true this week.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 3:14 pm

I tipped Blues by 20pts on my Tipping

Got a Bad Feeling about Sundays Game

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: