Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
choppa wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Hopefully, this will put paid to the idea that Murph (the magnificent) is not in our best 22.

Murph was BOG for us tonight by far!

Surely that has been buried for the best part of 12 months? Has been best 22 all season at least..

There were still calls for Frampton to come in at his expense this week. No disrespect to Peter.

Last edited by dalyc on Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:21 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
I had my doubts, but we did it - again.
Winning is getting to be a habit, no matter who we play.

Elliott...what a genius

He was probably the difference in the end. Any other player in his place, and we lose. Some Port kid fluffed a mark 2 mins from the end after Jamie had taken the mark and iced a toigh set shot.

All that, and … that handball to Taylor Adams in the square. That was almost moving. It is what greatness looks like.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:23 pm

dalyc wrote:
Haff wrote:
choppa wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Hopefully, this will put paid to the idea that Murph (the magnificent) is not in our best 22.

Murph was BOG for us tonight by far!

Surely that has been buried for the best part of 12 months? Has been best 22 all season at least..

There were still calls for Frampton to call me in at his expense this week. No disrespect to Peter.

Murph is a lock in our backline. He's getting better and better and is getting taught the game by Moore and Howe. He played an excellent game tonight.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:27 pm

Hiss wrote:
Haff wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
As usual the flogs from the game day thread don’t post after a win. Only up and about when we are down. Pathetic.

Don’t give him air time mate. Support the team your own way.

Freedom of speech! Clearly you don’t understand the Second Amendment! Why do some supporters on this site worry so much about what others say? I find the so called negative posters the most constructive, honest , passionate, and committed fans. The rose coloured glasses types are boring ! They drive me to the drink 🍺. I pay my taxes and I’ll have my opinion! I pay my memberships and I’ll say what I like . "perceptive fellow" are obviously jealous of fans who criticise the Team when the players need it to motivate them!

Clearly you don’t understand that Freedom of Speech is the First Amendment, and is not recognised in Australia, as it’s not our Constitution. Good try though.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:29 pm

Skids wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
dalyc wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Some of our supporters need to hang their heads in shame. Bunch of weak pathetic flogs. Go Pies. We beat the “best” team in the comp at their home ground. You have more spine than a lot of so called “supporters”.

Dude, if we had a like button you’d have 1000 likes.

Yet I’m the one with two yellow cards. Pathetic, that the same crap goes on every week in the game day thread.

I went there once, never again. It should be called the clueless corner.

Yea, I think I’m going to have to ban myself. Luckily the rest of our games are in Melbourne so I’ll be there instead of the game day thread.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:33 pm

Hiss wrote:
Haff wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
As usual the flogs from the game day thread don’t post after a win. Only up and about when we are down. Pathetic.

WOW I F**KING DID Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Don’t give him air time mate. Support the team your own way.

Freedom of speech! Clearly you don’t understand the Second Amendment! Why do some supporters on this site worry so much about what others say? I find the so called negative posters the most constructive, honest , passionate, and committed fans. The rose coloured glasses types are boring ! They drive me to the drink 🍺. I pay my taxes and I’ll have my opinion! I pay my memberships and I’ll say what I like . "perceptive fellow" are obviously jealous of fans who criticise the Team when the players need it to motivate them!

As you say freedom of speech . . .
It works both ways.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:39 pm

They threw the kitchen sink at us. Butters, Rozee and Houston couldn’t have played much better. JDG was affected by illness, Naicos was quelled to some degree. Defence was huge especially Murphy, Steele BOG, Elliott clutch and Pendles great again.

I reckon we beat these guys comfortably at the MCG in September.

Last edited by Johnno75 on Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:41 pm

I'm in awe of this team. The never say die attitude is at GOAT levels.

This is a significant win away from home in hostile territory against a fellow premiership contender. It was far from perfect and Port gave us a tough game, but we also showed that we're capable of absorbing extreme pressure and turning the game on its head within a short space of time.

Murphy was the rock of our defence. Saved us multiple times through the second and third quarters when we were under siege by Port's attacking players. He was BOG for mine.

Elliott is the ICEMAN! A player who can kick a goal from anywhere in the most clutch moment of the game and do it on a regular basis shows it's no fluke. What a player he's been for the club.

Brilliant 200th by Tay Adams, and a wonderful selfless act by Jamie to give him an easy open goal and enjoy the spotlight for a brief moment.

I've never seen anything like it. I'm still in awe as to how this team keeps producing this so frequently. We've been blessed as supporters since Fly became our coach.

Onto the arch-enemy next Friday night Cool

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:43 pm

We just “tore them apart”…

Port Pidgeons just lost their grand final.

Rested 7 players last week 🤣🤣🤣🤭🤣

Maybe should’ve rested all 22 ya Pidgeons.

Magpies win running at 75%!!!

Go Pies!!

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:45 pm

12 out of the last 16 when trailing at 3QT. I reckon it’s in most teams heads now and while it’s not good for us supporters, the players are at ease when we are behind and within 5 goals at the final break.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:56 pm

K wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
people saying nothing in Rioli’s whack on Murph — I’ve been slapped across the ear and it ducking hurts.

Huh?

Lotta posts 'bout it here. And talk on TV. Daisy Thomas reckons 1 week.

Kath whatshername, with Ben Dixon and Brad Johnson. “It was just a slap” said with the others grinning, insinuating nothing in it. Geezus, anyone who’s been slapped across the ear knows how hard it hits you. Intent is everything, regardless of the other player getting hurt or not. Either the MRO is fair dinkum about protecting the head, or they’re full of shit.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:59 pm

It was a super tense game, I can understand people losing their shit — I know I did! There can be no doubt now — never give up on this team.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:01 am

So proud like many of us tonight.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:02 am

Can’t wait to hear the final two minutes radio calls, if there are any posted online
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:03 am

Collingwood 13.7.85
Port Adelaide 12.11.83

Goals: Elliott 3, McStay, Checkers 2, Hill, Nick, Josh, Sidey, Adams, McCreery 1

Disposals: Pendles 28, Sidey 26, Adams 25, Nick, Josh 24, Crisp 23, Mitchell, Lipinski 20, De Goey 19, Cameron 14, IQ, Maynard 12, Murph 11, McCreery 10, McStay, 6

Tackles: Crisp, Nick 6, McCreery, Adams 5.

D/E: Noble, Murph, 90.9%, Quaynor 84.6, Maynard, Elliott 83.3, Crisp 82.6

AFs: Adams 102, Cameron 100, Sidey 96, Crisp 89, Nick 86, Josh 84, Pendles 83.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14   

Jump to: