Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The way Ginny went about it when he came on and John Noble’s response to being dropped tells me that this team, this club, is all in.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:54 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Maynard saw an opportunity to physical a player under the cloak of plausible deniability and he took it.

I wouldn't expect anything less from my boy in a final.

His action was arguably the difference between winning and losing because Brayshaw is an excellent player.

He deserves a Premiership medal not a suspension and if the ruling on Tom McCartin set a precedent he should be cleared to play.

Watched it again. I’m not confident. No Intension to bump, he will get a week at least but I am hoping that we’ll get it thrown out at the tribunal.

Last edited by Haff on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

Franco wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
After all that…who goes out for Nicky. Considering the effort by everyone tonight someone’s going to be utterly shattered to be omitted.

Bruz will likely be an out.

The Cripps knockout of Ah Chee was much less of a football act than anything Bruz did tonight. Sorry what happened to Brayshaw but if Bruz misses any finals game, let alone a grand final, with Cripps winning a Brownlow, then the system is phucked.

Not relevant given the focus this year on concussion. Lots of sling tackles last year resulted in zero games suspension that, this year, resulted in games missed.

Said by Zed 

jonmac1954 wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
Gawn masterclass? - hardly . . . considering everyone in our side kept setting him up.

Mate don’t know what game you were watching? Give credit where credit is due…In wet slippery conditions not suited for big guys Gawn slayed tonight…full stop.

"Mate" it's simple facts - Collingwood players constantly set him up putting it onto his head all night.

It's all in the footage time after time.

He's a good ruck but he got spoon fed by our own team.

Uhhh Your argument doesn’t make any sense…by your rationale isn’t it the same for Cox and Cameron?…Gawn double teamed all night and he still ended up with it. Tap work and around the ground elite…Best ruckman in the comp by a long long long way…

Agree however why we still keep kicking it where he’s at.

Actually you just proved my point.

Cox is by far the most infringed against player in the game - possibly in the entire history of the game without getting a fraction of the frees he should.

Ughhh x 2. Dude the fact Mase gets raped every game doesn’t diminish the fact that tonight Gawn owned both our rucks…it wasn’t even close. The closest either got was to nullify him in a few contests otherwise he was King Kong all night no ifs and or buts about it…he was hands down king of the jungle tonight. But everyone is entitled to their opinion irrespective of how deluded or one-eyed it might be.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:58 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Got the only result that mattered but if we play them 10 times with that inside 50 differential I doubt we win it more than 1 or 2 games in 10.

Our defence was superb but lady luck was well and truly on our side tonight in that final quarter.

To be fair we did miss some easy shots for goal, my take is had we kicked straight, the game would have been put too bed far earlier, bad kicking for goal is bad footy, we need to clean that up now, prior to the next Prelim Final. Daicos coming back, gives me far more hope now, he will relish the Finals. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:00 am

Haff wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Maynard saw an opportunity to physical a player under the cloak of plausible deniability and he took it.

I wouldn't expect anything less from my boy in a final.

His action was arguably the difference between winning and losing because Brayshaw is an excellent player.

He deserves a Premiership medal not a suspension and if the ruling on Tom McCartin set a precedent he should be cleared to play.

Watched it again. I’m not confident. No Intension to bump, he will get a week at least but I am hoping that we’ll get it thrown out at the tribunal.

Horseshit, nothing in it, nothing, he just went to smother the ball, nothing to see here. Surprised

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:05 am

We exposed their lack of forwards tonight. They won’t beat Carlton next week.
Franco 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:08 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Franco wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
After all that…who goes out for Nicky. Considering the effort by everyone tonight someone’s going to be utterly shattered to be omitted.

Bruz will likely be an out.

The Cripps knockout of Ah Chee was much less of a football act than anything Bruz did tonight. Sorry what happened to Brayshaw but if Bruz misses any finals game, let alone a grand final, with Cripps winning a Brownlow, then the system is phucked.

Not relevant given the focus this year on concussion. Lots of sling tackles last year resulted in zero games suspension that, this year, resulted in games missed.

Ok fair enough. So we should have a player that is willing to run out and head butt Petracca’s knee in a qualifying final just in case we meet them in a granny. Not Petracca’s fault but a concussion is a concussion.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:16 am

Maynard reminds me a bit of Darren Millane, same type, takes absolutely NO shit, total team player, has red hot go, real in the trenches player, has your back at all times. You need those types of players to win a Premiership, and Maynard has it in spades. !

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:17 am

Very satisfying to be safely through to a home Preliminary Final. To avoid playing interstate in a prelim and to now be on the so-called 'easier' side of the draw if there's such a thing is massive.

Melbourne are seriously good opposition and made us earn it. A few shots in front of goal cost them, and we were able to have enough of a buffer to hold them off.

Defence wins premierships, and tonight was a perfect illustration as to why defences are the backbone of any successful team. To give up 69 inside 50s but only concede 53 points (7 goals, 11 behinds) is a remarkable effort by our back six. We're in this great position largely off their back of their performance(s) this evening.

The Maynard incident saddened me and soured the game slightly. First and foremost, I hope Angus Brayshaw is okay and will make a speedy recovery. Whether Maynard is suspended or not, I'm unsure. Part of me thinks in the climate of concussion being such a big talking point nowadays, he might be made an example of and rubbed out for at least the Prelim. The outcome will divide the football public one way or another.

This match weirdly had a 2019 QF vibe to it. Just like that match against Geelong, we led comfortably for most of the night but the opposition came home late and nearly got within touching distance of us. In both finals, we happened to be goalless in the final quarter.

Fly and co will have more selection dilemmas coming with the much anticipated return of N Daicos and possibly Noble if we can find a way to bring him back in.

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend starting off with Carlton choking it up tomorrow night Razz

Pep 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:44 am

We just gave ourselves the best chance to make the GF.

Big to two weeks of footy to play with us watching and preparing as best as we can be.

Great game of hard finals footy, really enjoyed watching that.
It shows that our best is the best in the comp, just need to be consistent and take our opportunities.

I just to shout out Pendles. His experience is vital, a few times in the last qtr, instead if trying to move the ball on with a blind handpass or knock on, he knew to kill the ball so we can get even numbers back to the contest.

In regards to the Maynard/Brayshaw incident, have seen many replays, total footy act in trying to spoil the ball. But he did brace to protect himself and knocked Brayshaw out. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Most of the commentators I have seen all agree that there was no malice and was a football act. And sort of hope he doesn't get weeks, but we all know the war on concussion that is rightfully going on.

I really hope that "common sense" prevails in this case.

Anyway. Great win, great club, great team.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:56 am

Well we won it but it wasn't pretty and really maybe we were a bit lucky their goal kicking was so bad. While we may have been coasting a little in the last quarter our inability often to move play beyond the half back line from kick outs and rebounds is a concern (the one dimensional kick out routines dont help either). Melbourne steadied from the 15 minute mark in the second and the longer the game went the more ineffectual our mids and forwards and tall marking targets became. A really good team would have torn us a new one but luckily Melbourne arent that. We were great in parts and some players had great games (Down back mostly thankfully). We missed gettable shots in the first quarter too. Thank god for Bobby Hill and Crisp in the first quarter as Mihocek and Elliott both slackly missed easy shots they should have buried. Bobby was brilliant all game. He's a star. I would have had Ginnivan on earlier but taking Cameron off earlier may have increased Gawn's influence.

We did enough to win in a tight slog but we will need more than a quarter and a half burst to win the flag I think. We need to be better for longer.

I think Maynard might be fine but they might look at Big Mason too for a high elbow on some Melbourne gronk and for that sliding tackle also.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:00 am

shawthing wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:

Lipinski. It's a no brainer.

Ageed, we can't have paseengers

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:03 am

Meredith1965 wrote:
DT wrote:
Ginnivan made a good cameo too

Yes, I am surprised we did not have him on earlier. I missed it. Who was subbed out for him ?

Darcy Cameron.

(On that note, McRae mentioned in the press conference that Noble was very nearly a late in for Cameron, who was apparently unwell before the game.)

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:07 am

slangman wrote:
Massive win that was soured by atrocious umpiring which helped Melbourne stay in the game.
Melbourne and Carlton will be found out this finals series for being too reliant on 2-3 stars whose performances dictate the outcome for their respective teams. Gawn, Petracca and Oliver had 9 more disposals each than the next highest possession getter for the Demons and still LOST!

The mighty Pies don’t have that reliance as witnessed tonight with Josh and Billy having very very low output games and Pendlebury not his usual self.

Much to work on but our best is better than anyone else’s.

Prelim!!!!

Pendles always comes back strong after a bad one

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20   

Jump to: