Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 1:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the replay as I was out with the mrs all day. How many times can Cox run under the ball? Given some of the comments above imma assume it doesn’t get any better.
He’s a failed forward who went into the ruck. We’re seeing why.
I’m sure he will be fine once the cavalry arrives and he goes back into the middle but he’s not a forward!

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 1:55 pm

We had 9 goal scorers, off the back of I think 10 the week before. We won't get away with it all season, but yesterday our spread of goal kickers was effective. At a minimum it takes predictability out of the equation.
Pleasing thing was we didn't just bomb it in to be picked off by their talls.

While he slotted the winning goal, that's a given, but how did we view the JDG back into the forward line move?

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sun May 19, 2024 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 2:04 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
While he slotted the winning goal, that's a given, but how did we view the JDG back into the forward line move?

I loved it Laurie.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 2:24 pm

Leigh Montagna bias against Collingwood is second only to Caro.
On the Rankine decision, “Where’s the sense of occasion from the umpire?,” Saints legend Leigh Montagna posted on Fox Footy.
Look I get where he's coming from, and anyone else I'd let it slide, but he's early obsessed.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 2:39 pm

yes, that is a very biased comment. Supposedly the umpire should let go a clear breach of the rules that he notices, for a "sense of occasion" ? I disagree with the attitude that umpires should "let go" decisions on the "minor" side because they occur at critical moments in the game. This is the logic that led to the failure to call the block on Bruzza in the 2018 GF, leading to Sheed kicking a goal.
If Rankine has the liberty to run 25 m without bouncing, this kind of advantage might be critical in determining the final result.
In the event it wasn't because the ball came to ground, and our guys were at ground level equally represented in the contest as the opposition, and on the balance of probabilities over the rest of the match, the most likely outcome would be that we would have got the ball out of our D50 again.
Montana's comment is even more crude. The umpire should let go a clear breach he notices because Adelaide has a chance of creating a dramatic twist in the final minute??

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 2:40 pm

No I’m with Leigh. The rules clearly say if a player breaches the rules but there’s a sense of occasion them let it go. That f…ing Richards not paid dropping the ball tackle in the last is a disgrace. Applying the sense of occasion test, the umpire let it go.

How much fun have we all had since Fly was appointed. Oh and young Nicholas helps.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 2:51 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:

Very good coaching but it’s all dependent on Collingwood winning the midfield battle without him in there. While Pendles, Nick and Crisp remain in stellar midfield form, it looms as a genuine option. Reckon we will see him starting there against Freo this week ( assuming he’s ok to play )
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 3:09 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:

Pretty good I thought. Its not the first time he has played out of full forward. Made the most of his chances and him and Bobby worked together to get good separation. He didnt get much opportunity to do anything aerially (and maybe there is a question mark on his ability to take big pack marks) and I see him more of a hard leading forward type - He can provide another key forward option at times.

Return question Laurie - How would you rate the games of Harrison, Sullivan, Richards, and McRae? I thought Harrison the best of them - he has such quick hands and his disposal decision making seems to be top class.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 5:03 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
On the Rankine decision, “Where’s the sense of occasion from the umpire?,” Saints legend Leigh Montagna posted on Fox Footy.
Look I get where he's coming from, and anyone else I'd let it slide, but he's early obsessed.

Look I’m sick of the media clowns who vomit crap without the slightest idea about our terrible history with rotten umpiring decisions 😡 the need of a mouth loz from south Oz, Cornes hilariously reckons that if it was a Daicos instead of Rankine, the umpire would not have blown the whistle 😳 😳 WTF? It would have happened about 3 strides before 🙄 Stupid hack media fools 🤬

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All the speculation about the free kick is hilarious. The game continued after he kicked the ball and they still didn't look like scoring. Supporters all love to focus on one incident and ignore the rest. We would be doing the same had we lost. It's history, move on.
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 6:23 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

Look I’m sick of the media clowns who vomit crap without the slightest idea about our terrible history with rotten umpiring decisions 😡 the need of a mouth loz from south Oz, Cornes hilariously reckons that if it was a Daicos instead of Rankine, the umpire would not have blown the whistle 😳 😳 WTF? It would have happened about 3 strides before 🙄 Stupid hack media fools 🤬

Riewoldt was not much better and Lyon was out and out barracking for the crows. They did not miss the "anti Collingwood sense of occasion" when Coxy pushed the crow in the side and moved the ball forward 60 seconds before and was paid a push in the back. But the decision milked about 10 seconds on the clock. The "crows sense of occasion" was evident when two handed "forward passes" were called legitimate handballs

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:08 pm

Hawthorn choked in the final quarter against Port. They had a 5 goal lead which they coughed up with 3 seconds to go. Sad because it means Port pushed us down to 5th on the ladder. Meantime the Weagles slaughter Melbourne to push them down to 7th. Happy days. We are entrenched in the eight. Just keep winning.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 10:45 pm

^ Port are very beatable, and I din’t think they’ll last too long above us on the ladder.

On the post above which questioned how the youngsters went, fwiw I was at the game and I’d say Harrison has an excellent future, Richards was serviceable but had nowhere near the exciting impact of the previous week, Sullivan still shows promise and grit but it is hard to see him as more than a bottom 6 player, and Finn was very underwhelming.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:07 am

Anyone else notice the corset/padding Pendles is wearing around his ribs? I think for the last couple weeks now.

Clearly carrying something which makes his output even more amazing.

Moving Jordy forward may have been a last resort, but I think it worked well. Had probably two or three more chances to pluck a mark in that last quarter and when his moment came he didnt miss.

As others have mentioned, Harrison looks like a surgeon with his handballing skills. He's been prominent in a number of important scoring chains over the last couploe weeks with a perfect extrative handpass which has allowed the recipient to not break stride.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 8:18 am

Yeah Pendles has been thick with padding since the Hawthorn game. Rib associated injury when he copped that knee in the back from JDG's second hospital ball kick in minutes. Absolutely amazing he is performing and seemingly without any grimaces and no fuss whatsoever.

Dane Swan was our last up and comer with the handball skills of a surgeon. What if only double H can produce some of that output in future

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: