Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Suns.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
...Krueger would need to do a bit of relieving ruck work, which I'm sure he'll do, even tomorrow. Anyway, time will tell.

That's what I think they would need to do I agree. Due to the interruptions he has had due to injury, Krueger has a fair amount of development still to do, particularly in his ruck work from what I saw of him against North's rucks. He'll get a few games before Cox is ready to return to improve in, as he is a more viable second ruck option than Billy, who is I think not a ruck prospect at all really.

The reason however I think McStay, Mihocek, and McInnes is a better combo is that the three of them offer different types of key forward options (McS pack marking, Miho - mobility and linking, McI - hard leading, playing small and tall, midfield flexibility) while McStay and Krueger are both big pack marking key forwards. Whether that makes any difference I dont know.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:24 pm

I reckon Diamond Joe will be sub
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:43 pm

Will GC tag Nick Daicos?

If so, who gets the job?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:35 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Will GC tag Nick Daicos?

If so, who gets the job?

Hardwick coached sides don’t tag as a rule
I don’t remember them tagging anyone this season. And at time at Richmond I’m sure he didn’t either
He believes in backing his players to negate by getting there own ball
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:02 am

The Black and White Lion wrote:
Will be even more interesting come August with all of Schultz, Elliot and McStay back on the track pushing for selection.

The prospect of that very daunting forward line, plus Elliott, hill, checkers, will have the over confident Blue scum quaking in their boots,especially their arrogant tosser fans. Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:14 am

My ultimate forward line would be:

Hill. McStay. Schultz

Elliott. Checkers. McCreery

Plus Krueger and Richards rotating there off the bench.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:21 am

22 degrees, sunny and very light winds.

Ideal conditions for a good footy game.

It is pertinent that Richards and Markov and Noble are in this side- I think that our selection committee believes that this will be a game with 'fast pace' on it and selected accordingly.

Gold Coast have three excellent mids (Rowell, Anderson and Took Miller)- they are as good as Pendles, De Goey and Crisp so 'game-on' in that respect.

Cameron has had a very good season and has been heroic in carrying the burden of first ruck- Frampton and Krueger will need to be efficient in helping him bear the load today.

One cannot underestimate the benefit of Mihocek's return- he is very reliable and hard-working and is a good counter-balance to our fleet-footed smaller forwards.

This is a huge game for Krueger to confirm his continued improvement and arrival as an AFL quality player. Given this is his third season on our list (after one year at the Cats), it is easy to forget he has only played 11 games at the highest level.

What would a 'reasonable' expectation be of such a callow player, even one who has just turned 25 ??? Like our other inexperienced players: Sullivan, Richards, Macrae, Jiath, McInnes, Dean, Allan, Harrison and Parker who have represented the AFL team this year, there will be ups-and-downs...

Every match therefore is a golden opportunity for these lads to begin to establish their credentials at the level- today it is Sullivan, Richards, Harrison and Krueger who continue to stake their claims to regular first 22 selections and build a body of work at the level.

One hopes that their contribution to the collective effort elevates us to a critical win over Gold Coast.

If we win today, we put ourselves in a really strong position for top four- that goal is in sight and is essential if we are to be a legitimate contender for this coveted flag.

Floreat Pica

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:28 pm

Even with the good inclusions this will be hard to win up at the Gold Coast.

The Suns have no shortage of talent and we will need to be our best to beat them.

Fairly high humidity as well (could be about 70%) which might make it slippery and taxing on our guys who aren't used to it.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:53 pm

Game starts at 4:35pm how stooped is that?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:11 pm

Excellent inclusions, which gives us the best chance of winning.

Gold Coast's home record is daunting for opposition sides, so this is a great challenge for the playing group.

Congratulations to IQ who will be playing his 100th game today.

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:44 pm

Yes, their record at home is impressive but we have a pretty good track record on the road in recent years. Given that fact plus our big inclusions, I'm pretty confident of our chances.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:47 pm

Return of Pendles I feel is massive. The maestro is back to conduct the symphony.

JDG is not a bad in either.

Like our midfield now with both Sulli and JDG in the team to buttress Crisp, Naicos.

Happy to see Kreuger getting his chance as a second tall in the forward line. Hope he does really well today.

Agree that Joe will be the sub.

The only selection I think we could have done differently would have been to keep Dean in the team (since King is playing), and maybe to have not selected Oleg.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:51 pm

Pendles return will certainly benefit our young players. His onfield presence will show them the way I hope.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Jordy is used conservatively in order to minimize any sort of re-occurance of his dodgy groin today.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:29 pm

Freo’s win over Sydney pushes us out of the top 4.

Need to win to get back in.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:33 pm

Leigh Fisher is umpiring in this match? Neutral
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: