Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncanny 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the side Ned Long.
He must be replacing Lachie Sullivan who
has battled in recent weeks.
Biggest game of the year.
Win and top four in reach.
Lose and out of the 8 they go.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:41 pm

Congratulations to Ned Long. I heard Fergus Greene, who played at the Hawks with him, say that he worked as hard on his game as anyone during his time at Hawthorn. These are the guys you want to see succeed.
I get the feeling Collingwood is desperate to find that fifth clearance midfielder ( particularly without Mitchell ) who can get it done around stoppages. It’s been a revolving door for the fifth centre square mid this year ( behind Nick, Jordy, Crisp and Pendles ) and none of them to date have really made the position their own. MacRae, Sullivan and even Bytel to a lesser extent haven’t quite managed the consistency required at this level to play well week in, week out. It would be a huge plus for the club if Long could grab the opportunity with both hands and make the position his own. Go well young man.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:13 am

Apparently in his first VFL game with us he laid 17 tackles. That must be a record. Hope he has a good game.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:44 am

The selection makes sense given our midfield has been below expectations recently
Our defence comes under more pressure because our mids haven’t been applying so ugh pressure around the ball
We’ve conceded on average 60 inside 50’s per game the past 4 weeks
That many entries will sooner or later hurt in our case it’s been sooner.
Pendles arm still isn’t 100% you could tell in a few attempted tackles last week so bringing in someone to really amp up the tackling and pressure makes sense
Good luck to Ned hope he has a awesome debut and many more games to come
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:07 am

Really don’t know what to expect from the pies this week. We’re all optimistic for a good result and another 4 points, however we get there. I would just like to have a result that doesn’t hang in the balance in the last 5minutes. That will be as much about Essendon as it will be about the Pies.

The bombers have been on top of our mids for the Anzac game and both VFL games. We nullified the Blues this year with tactics on Cripps. Pretty much the only team who’s done this apart from Sydney. We have to find a way to nullify Merrett, Caldwell, Martin and Durham plus either of Tsatas Setterfield or Shiel if one comes in.

Once we gain control of the midfield we need to manage the wings. Essendon has been really strong through the wings and we haven’t for long patches of games this year. WHE, Lipinski ,Sidey and Markov will be important here.

We have enough cattle to get the job done. We know Essendon will come hard for Naicos probably rotating players on him rather than a single tag, especially late

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:43 am

Some in the media are writting the Pies off for this match.
Still another week away.
Just way to unsettled for mine.
Just one big rotating door players in and and out all the time.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:09 pm

Whoa Nelly, either the AFL is going to umpire as usual and not give in to Essendon, or they’re totally going to be biased to Essendon. We’ll see and I hope players are made aware of what the umps are hot on.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:55 pm

I LOVE being the underdog, Lloyd, Bartel, Cornes all written us off. Least we have beaten top sides in the 8, Blues, Deees, Lions, Dons beaten nobody, flat track bullies, they were utter shit v the Cats. Line in the sand match, this one, win and we make top 4, lose, and im not so sure. Woods by 23 points, Go Woods. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:12 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I doubt Collingwood can win this by more than about 70 points - but happy to be wrong.

With our full team,all back in and fit, we could have, but injuries still hitting us hard, now McCreery and Noble. But, I reckon 23 points more like it. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:21 pm

Here's a stat: we have only played once at the MCG in the past 7 weeks (and just twice in the past 9 weeks if you go as far back as the Crows-Eagles)! Funny that our HOME ground is where we play our best footy, as we're undefeated there since our diabolical start to the season in March.

Our past 5 games as follows, which means tomorrow will have been 7 weeks between MCG outings (fixturing sabotage as far as I'm concerned):

Dockers | Perth (controversial DRAW after leading by 25 points heading into time on)
Bulldogs | Marvel (brave LOSS after leading by 12 points at the final change)
Demons | MCG (convincing WIN after leading comfortably from go to whoa)
Kangaroos | Marvel (one-point comeback WIN after trailing by 54 points in the second half)
BYE
Suns | Gold Coast (disappointing LOSS, but still led by one point with 4 minutes to play)

I have full confidence that being back at the MCG in front of our big home crowds will be the jolt needed, a ground that suits our style of play, and a ground we play 7 of our remaining 8 games at to close out the H&A season.

Buckle up...

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:14 pm

Essendon have yet to beat a side currently in the top eight.

They drew with us on ANZAC Day, they have lost to Swans, Port, Carlton and the Cats.

They are yet to play Freo or the Brions.

Lets hope their streak continues!

joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:44 pm

I cannot believe they have left out Reef. Another selection blunder.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:24 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
Essendon have yet to beat a side currently in the top eight.

They drew with us on ANZAC Day, they have lost to Swans, Port, Carlton and the Cats.

They are yet to play Freo or the Brions.

Lets hope their streak continues!

But not another draw against us, please.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:34 pm

joemamone@gmail.com wrote:
I cannot believe they have left out Reef. Another selection blunder.

Hmm.... I think he would have come in for Jaicos had Jaicos been unable to play. May still come in, if Jaicos withdraws from the team (as I think is possible).
I think likewise McInnes is unlucky to miss out.... I was thinking he could have been selected to play forward and run through the midfield as well.
I am a little concerned with the selection of Frampton forward. We all know he is not impactful as a forward, and would have preferred McInnes as the other tall in our forward line.
Obviously we are banking on Frampton's versatility (will relieve Darcy in the ruck, primarily), which is why he got selected ahead of Reef.
Tough call.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:04 pm

We have Kreuger don't forget.
But I too, like McInnes as he kicks a couple goals each match.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: