Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies fan ejected for racism

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I was referring to the guy, but neither are the sharpest tools in the shed. I mean, what are they even doing here with this 'guilty/not guilty' stuff? *Sigh*

Watched the whole thing, and your comment definitely applies more to the guy Shocked.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:49 am

David wrote:
^ That's a very saddening attitude, PM. A little empathy wouldn't go astray.

Goodes didn't set out to be racially abused, just as he never set out to be racially abused in the past when these (and other) taunts were directed at him in the past. What he did was actually quite brave, and only a cynic or someone with an agenda would have reason to think that he did it out of some desire for self-aggrandisement.

I wasn't disappointed by my football club on Friday night. I am now.

I wonder how your holier than thou Mr Goodes felt about a child, just turned 13, being grilled by MCG Gestapo for two friggin hours, with no legal presence, and no parents either. ! How do you sleep, Goodes. ??

BUT, on the upside for her at last, the heat is now off her thanks to eddies gaffe, so let us hope this kid can move on, as Goodes should. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:57 am

Piesnchess wrote:
David wrote:
^ That's a very saddening attitude, PM. A little empathy wouldn't go astray.

Goodes didn't set out to be racially abused, just as he never set out to be racially abused in the past when these (and other) taunts were directed at him in the past. What he did was actually quite brave, and only a cynic or someone with an agenda would have reason to think that he did it out of some desire for self-aggrandisement.

I wasn't disappointed by my football club on Friday night. I am now.

I wonder how your holier than thou Mr Goodes felt about a child, just turned 13, being grilled by MCG Gestapo for two friggin hours, with no legal presence, and no parents either. ! How do you sleep, Goodes. ??

BUT, on the upside for her at last, the heat is now off her thanks to eddies gaffe, so let us hope this kid can move on, as Goodes should. Idea

Piesnchess, words fail me mate. I totally agree with you and if you only realise the blatant double standards being displayed by the media, you will be as sick as me.

I might as well sue the indigenous person who called me a stupid frigging “Coconut” even though at the time I had no idea what the hell it meant (I thought it was a dig at my very short haircut) and didn’t give a flying crap anyway! Apparently this is a racist comment that means that I'm brown on the outside but white in the middle!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Geez……………….the absolute bloody hypocrisy of it all really get me…. Mad
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Collingwood Football Club: Make Harry O'Brien Club President
http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/collingwood-football-club-make-harry-o-brien-club-president

Smile

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:45 pm

Lazza wrote:
I might as well sue the indigenous person who called me a stupid frigging “Coconut” even though at the time I had no idea what the hell it meant (I thought it was a dig at my very short haircut) and didn’t give a flying crap anyway! Apparently this is a racist comment that means that I'm brown on the outside but white in the middle!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

My in laws spent a few months traveling through QLD, NT and Northern WA about two years ago. They walked into a pub to grab a bite to eat, but as they entered everyone in the bar looked at them.

They were immediately told by one of the patrons that they weren't allowed up the front of the pub and they would have to sit out the back because this was a "black fellas pub".

Racist as anything, but it would never be reported.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Joel wrote:
Lazza wrote:

My in laws spent a few months traveling through QLD, NT and Northern WA about two years ago. They walked into a pub to grab a bite to eat, but as they entered everyone in the bar looked at them.

They were immediately told by one of the patrons that they weren't allowed up the front of the pub and they would have to sit out the back because this was a "black fellas pub".

Racist as anything, but it would never be reported.

My point exactly!! What would our "Mr Goodes two shoes" say about that one I wonder???

I HATE double standards. All racism is wrong, not just grandstanding about ONE issue alone.... Rolling Eyes
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm

^ What makes you think he wouldn't be appalled by that, too? Goodes is fighting against racism last time I checked, not picking and choosing what is and isn't.
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:52 pm

'A 13-year-old girl who was ejected from the MCG for racially abusing Adam Goodes had no idea ''ape'' was a racist slur '

[http://www.canowindranews.com.au/story/1531599/ejected-teenage-fan-didnt-know-ape-was-racist/] - et al.

Perhaps - just perhaps - this darling young thing has an issue with her contact lenses, and that's all. Perhaps she mistook her perception of what was in front of her and was simply raising alarums that Parkville's primates were on an escapade, a la John Irving's 'Setting Free the Bears'. (And, no, that work has no relationship to a certain relocated Fitzroy team either.)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:59 pm

im sure this is going around in circles
for the love of what ever God you do or don't believe in, or want to blow up

LET IT GO!!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:03 pm

David wrote:
^ What makes you think he wouldn't be appalled by that, too? Goodes is fighting against racism last time I checked, not picking and choosing what is and isn't.

You might have heard otherwise but I have not heard Goodes mention even ONE example of racism from indigenous persons towards others mate. If you have solid evidence of this, please quote him by all means and I shall happily stand corrected. Exclamation
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:10 pm

Troppo wrote:
'A 13-year-old girl who was ejected from the MCG for racially abusing Adam Goodes had no idea ''ape'' was a racist slur '

[http://www.canowindranews.com.au/story/1531599/ejected-teenage-fan-didnt-know-ape-was-racist/] - et al.

Perhaps - just perhaps - this darling young thing has an issue with her contact lenses, and that's all. Perhaps she mistook her perception of what was in front of her and was simply raising alarums that Parkville's primates were on an escapade, a la John Irving's 'Setting Free the Bears'. (And, no, that work has no relationship to a certain relocated Fitzroy team either.)

Although a few on here should be Ellen Jameison's (The World According to Garp) that is, her followers Wink

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
David wrote:

You might have heard otherwise but I have not heard Goodes mention even ONE example of racism from indigenous persons towards others mate. If you have solid evidence of this, please quote him by all means and I shall happily stand corrected. Exclamation

Um, what? Why would he have to? In what context?

If you think there's as much racism directed towards whites as there is towards Aboriginal people (and that one has as much impact as the other) then I have a bridge to sell you. In Bendigo. Shocked

Frohickey 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:09 pm

David wrote:

Really? with soundbites like The face of racism is a 13 year old girl I thought he was carving out a career in politics Shocked

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Hellooooooooo nice to see you again sir!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Let this thread go....please.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 51 of 55   

Jump to: