Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Something BIG brewing at the pies ? -NOW HEATH SHAW THREAD

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies417 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihave been away fora few days and this is all news to me, DOnt know if any one else has pointed this out re the drink driving part of all this put We lost a great player because of Drink Driving and that could be why eddie was so mad about the drink Driving.

The lie is inexcusable!
noddy, Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:23 pm

nulla wrote:
The Olympics will take all the media attention away.

Come next year it will be forgotten.

Will they still give Alan the Copeland if he wins it?

This would be a first time I reckon for such a situation.

no, mate. the herald sun have just brought 20 reporters back from beijing to cover this.

and of course they should take the bloody copeland off him. they should take his teddy bear too. they should take everything off him. they should take his pyjamas and his ipod and his tv. bloody well everybloodything. the bastard.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Good call by the Club & the right one IMO.

As far as trading either/both Didak & Shaw goes at seasons end, that remains to be seen.

I won't be going to anymore games this year, my OH will go to the remaining 2 home matches. I said we'd be missing the 8, but never in my mind thought it would ever unfold like it has.

Listening to talk back radio on SEN this afternoon, a Scum supporter called in & his words were something like "couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of over-rated hacks...." Normally, I'd be angry at such a comment, but to be truthful, we deserve everything we get. After all, if it happened to them, we'd be laughing our bloody heads off...!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:52 pm

medders#7 wrote:
Dont sack him
he is leading the AFL in kicks
he is elite.
hopefully he will have a hard look at himself on the off season and become even better.

How many chances has he already had? And at what point do you decide he's had enough?

I think he's done his dash.

call me frank 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:55 pm

It seems that this incident may bode well for 2009.

Two key players will be fresh and rearing to make amends
Two more young players will be given an opportunity to make a claim on a senior spot (Mr Dawes and may'be a midfield type)...giving them valuable experience in the few remaining games
Trade time we get a few more knocks on the door
My great hope (Rusling) returns
Key players such as Pendelbury, O'brien, Thomas, Wellingham, Clarke, Goldsack, Wood, Anthony, Brown - all one year older!

Me likey

Very Happy

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:14 pm

call me frank wrote:
Two key players will be fresh and rearing to make amends

Don't bet on it.

Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:18 pm

panga wrote:

People blaming him for the Kielor's death for merely being in the wrong place at the wrong time, now this... Fkn sick of it.

Alan had the opportunity to tell the police he knew the name of the person who had shot a hand gun out of a moving car. This was days earlier than the above crime and had made the papers.

He chose not to.

Alan had the opportunity to stop his mate driving while intoxicated and to tell the police he was in the car as well.

He again chose not to.

If he was of a different character he would have been in the right place at the right time. (On both occasions).

He was too interested in self preservation and this is why it has turned out this way for him.

pies4pre1mers 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:33 pm

I am looking forward to seeing some fresh blood this week though I think we should spare a thought for poor Gavin Brown. He has worked his guts out and has now developed a VFL team from scratch that are starting to play competitive footy. Because of this disgrceful situation they will lose key players where it shouldn't have happened. This could stunt the development of the group as a whole.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:36 pm

Personally, I hope Didak isn't traded. His misdemeanors amount to being in the wrong place at the wrong time and not wanting to face attention for it. He's a bloody good player, the issue is whether the players and club can forgive him for lying to them. If they can, play on.
Magpie Girl Leo

Daisy, my Collingwood supporting birdy....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm disappointed in all three players. It's bad enough they did what they did but to then lie about it..... That made me angry.
Until that point I was prepared to forgive & forget so as to speak but now, it'll take a bit more convincing.

I wish they hadn't been suspended for the rest of the season, I think it's a bit too harsh. On the other hand, what they did was incredibly stupid & they deserve it.

IMO I still want both players at the club next year as, on the field, they are both a very important park of our premiership team. Both have an amazing about of talent & are vital for our team.

Hopefully the club canmove on after this & focus on footy.

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Watched the Today Tonight show this evening on 7 and was amazed at the hatred being dumped on Eddie.

Time for everyone to close ranks and stick together now. The Bastards are trying to divide us.

Remember who we are and stay united.

meddaa7 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 pm
Post subject: DIDAK ,SHAW X2 HAVE TO GOReply with quote

THE 3 HAVE TO GODIDS,SHAW X 2 I AM SO GUTTED THAT THESE 3 PLAYERS WOULD DO SUCH A THING TO THIS CLUB AFTER ALL ITS BEEN THROUGH WE HAVE TO CLEAN OUT THE OLD AND TRASH AND START OVER LIKE THE HAWKS DID OR IT MAYBE ANOTHER 32 YEARS BEFORE WE SEE A FLAG AND PUT BUCKS AS A ASSISANT COACH BEFORE ANOTHER CLUB SNAPS HIM UP
rambopriscilla Sagittarius

vvv USE FOUND FOR CAT!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:10 pm

This is all such f cken b llshit. There is no law against getting in a car with a pissed driver. Heath bingled and Alan said "just tell them I wasn't here" because of all the shit he's copped in the past. I the heat of the moment it seemed like a good idea at the time. Obviously it wasn't but do you know what? Most footy players are bloody stupid. Their mind works well as far as what they should do on an open field of nice green grass and they can kick a ball better than the rest of us but that's about where it ends. They're paid a lot because there's a lot of money in the system. They're not the Prime Minister for Christ's sake (although if they were, they may still be in a strip joint). And I reckon practically everyone has told a lie they thought they could get away with to their boss once in a while to save their arse. It f cke makes me mad that we expect so much from them.

And is there ANYONE in this saga who benefits from pissing them off for the season OTHER THAN OUR OPPOSITION? NO! It's over-heavy-handed and it just doesn't make sense. Other than pissing everyone off this does nothing for Collingwood. It's crap. Heath Shaw makes a stupid mistake (thousands of people drink drive every week you know), and 3 players pay a huge price for it and everyone involved with Collingwood footy club suffers from the prez to the supporters. Garbage.

And I hope more than anything else that Dids doesn't get traded. Not only it wouldn't help Collingwood to have him playing against us but my dog's name is Didak and if Alan Didak is playing for another club I won't like my dog any more. And I currently love my dog.

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
raymond35 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:23 pm
Post subject: Re: DIDAK ,SHAW X2 HAVE TO GOReply with quote

meddaa7 wrote:
THE 3 HAVE TO GODIDS,SHAW X 2 I AM SO GUTTED THAT THESE 3 PLAYERS WOULD DO SUCH A THING TO THIS CLUB AFTER ALL ITS BEEN THROUGH WE HAVE TO CLEAN OUT THE OLD AND TRASH AND START OVER LIKE THE HAWKS DID OR IT MAYBE ANOTHER 32 YEARS BEFORE WE SEE A FLAG AND PUT BUCKS AS A ASSISANT COACH BEFORE ANOTHER CLUB SNAPS HIM UP

Thats telling 'em.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:44 pm

[quote="rambopriscilla" ] And I hope more than anything else that Dids doesn't get traded. Not only it wouldn't help Collingwood to have him playing against us but my dog's name is Didak and if Alan Didak is playing for another club I won't like my dog any more. And I currently love my dog.[/quote]

Nah no drama one of my cats is Bucks and although the great man has retired the bloody mad cat doesn't seem to realise this and is still running amok!!!!

Animals are very resilient as long as you feed them they don't give a stuff what you call em Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53   

Jump to: