Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 557, 558, 559 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh Ah Glenn McGrath you are a gutless coward and scumbag Evil or Very Mad

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-legend-glenn-mcgrath-shamed-over-hunting-photos/story-fndpt0dy-1227233678373

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:37 pm

He always was a bit of a closet redneck but I'll cut him some slack on this one. He's apologised, let's take that at face value and trust that he doesn't do it again. I don't think he will.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Not keen on the Elephant killing, or trophy hunting in general. Best if Glenn keeps his hunting to things he's going to take home and eat.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Such as Englishmen.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:43 am

No he doesn't get a free pass. He was going through a tough time? So $$%^%%$ what, so are a lot of animal species. Everybody has a cross to bare, doesn't make it right to go out and cause another soul pain, and end its life for the fun of it. It's not just the dying, it's the fear of the chase. Makes me $$%^%%$ sick.

AND the big AND, he's only sorry because these pictures got out. So is he sorry for the right reason? I think not.

*&%%^&(*^$

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:39 am

But he's is an Aussie Sporting Hero so all he has to do is say he is sorry and all's good, the commentators will try to make those of us with a more hardlined view of this appear as though we are unreasonable.

This country is so screwed up.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:35 am

And the photos only came out after his foundation withdrew it's affiliation with Greyhound racing.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
And the photos only came out after his foundation withdrew it's affiliation with Greyhound racing.
that just makes it worse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:41 pm

WTF is a so called Charitable Foundation doing sponsoring any sort of anything but Research?

The Cancer Council seems a better bet for any donations from me?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:08 pm

1061 wrote:
WTF is a so called Charitable Foundation doing sponsoring any sort of anything but Research?

The Cancer Council seems a better bet for any donations from me?

Who said they were sponsoring anything?

Quote:
The McGrath Foundation has relationships with many organisations who provide generous support to help us achieve our mission; providing access to breast care nurses for families experiencing breast cancer. Due to allegations of live baiting exposed in the media this week we have suspended our relationship with Greyhound Racing Victoria.

http://www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au/TabId/136/ArtMID/663/ArticleID/1388/McGrath-Foundation-statement-on-Greyhound-Racing-Victoria.aspx

They weren't giving money to the dogs, more vice versa and possibly some mutual publicity arrangements.

It was basically pretty soon after this statement came out that the photos of McGrath on safari came out.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:21 pm

^
Yes obviously a charitable cancer foundation does not give money away to Greyhound Racing!

The Greyhound Industry used to run a fundraiser whereby every time a dog won wearing the pink coloured number, a donation to the McGrath Foundation would be made (as we know pink is the colour defining breast cancer awareness). The foundation now does not wish to receive any more donations in light of the horrendous killing of live animals in greyhound training.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:33 pm

sixpoints wrote:
^
Yes obviously a charitable cancer foundation does not give money away to Greyhound Racing!

The Greyhound Industry used to run a fundraiser whereby every time a dog won wearing the pink coloured number, a donation to the McGrath Foundation would be made (as we know pink is the colour defining breast cancer awareness). The foundation now does not wish to receive any more donations in light of the horrendous killing of live animals in greyhound training.

Anyway back on topic before the thread gets split.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Tannin wrote:
He always was a bit of a closet redneck but I'll cut him some slack on this one. He's apologised, let's take that at face value and trust that he doesn't do it again. I don't think he will.

Im keen to get into trophy hunting, no animal in particular, but a big safari in Africa would be great. Australian Shooter Aug 2006

So you did cause your wife had died 2 yrs after you stated you'd like to do it hmmm?

Nope no way not a snow flake's chance in hell - he obviously always has been, is and will remain a gutless scumbag! Evil or Very Mad

Apology ain't gonna help the animals he slaughtered for fun and then posed with grinning like he had achieved something to be proud and happy about is it!!

And I agree with Jo he's only sorry because he's been outed as just that!

He can get well and truly'd and take his pathetic coward of a mate Brett Lee with him Evil or Very Mad

Hope the karma bus runs over them both and then reverses and does it again Exclamation

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:21 pm

I've done a fair bit of hunting in my younger days. main reason I haven't been hunting in a fair while is lack of opportunity and also because I handed my guns in while temporarily mentally fragged.

Any danger we can uncouple hunting in general from trophy hunting and specifically endangered species trophy hunting?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:33 pm

^ if you hunt for food or for skins etc that will be used to clothe you etc then yep I think that is fine ( well acceptable at least).

However if you hunt for "fun" or to collect "trophies" then you are a scumbag of the highest order and I wish you a horrible painful ending and if you pose with your "trophy" then I hope for prolonged pain for you!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 557, 558, 559 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 558 of 719   

Jump to: