Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 572, 573, 574 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
All I wanted was a couple of thousand Rand - go into the branch, order and within 3 working days cash is yours - yeah right Rolling Eyes

Fock me do the banks go out of their way to employ dickwads - 2 days of yeah nah well maybe by Friday - we will ring you if not by Friday - good if it doesn't arrive what will I do get the pilot to turn the plane back!!

ANZ muppet took the cake - " what would you want South African Rand for" - ah der maybe cause we are going to France Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

LOL.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Got up this morning and tried to put the radio on in the lounge room as I do first thing. Didn't work. Tried a couple of different things took a couple of minutes for the first thing in the morning brain to twig that the power was actually out in the lounge. Lights and power on a different trip switch so lights worked, just not power.

Reset the switch in the fusebox, all good. So I think.

Get home from work tonight, come inside, same shit. Power has gone out. FMD. Reset switch, check kitchen freezer, nothing seems too thawed out, I can live with that. (wish I knew what was tripping it, it's on now and has been for 90 minutes with no issue)

Turn on the TV and we have a problem. The Foxtel box has shit itself. Wont turn on. Try a few things including unplugging etc, all of a sudden the lights go blue. It starts to get up and going, strains for a few seconds and then carks it and switches off again. Lots of swearing and 30 minutes later of watching the cycle I cave in and ring Foxtel.

First good part, after I describe what I've already tried the bloke on the phone has enough nouse to not try to make me follow the script and do it all again, just jumps to the chase and says he'll get a new Foxtel box sent out. Bingo things I, common sense at last. Silly me.

So he says how it will be delivered in 2-5 working days and all I have to do is.....so I but in and say that I assume that if noone is home they'll leave it on the front verandah or something.

Uh oh chongo, now I've really deviated from the script.

So I get the "if no one is going to be home when it's going to be delivered..." I butt in before he's finished and tell him that first he can't tell me when it will be delivered and second I can tell him now that no one will be home because I work.

Ok, so then the courier will try and deliver it once, and if no one is home they will try again the next day and if no one is home again they'll leave a card saying where I can pick it up.

So, I says, we both know that no one is going to be home, I just told you that so can we skip this part of the dance and jump ahead? Can't they just leave the thing there?

I should have known better, that's not an option for a variety of reasons I understand even though they're a PITA.

So, plan B, Can I get it delivered to work instead? Silence, then surprised tone of voice, yeah we can send it there. Beauty.

So until then I got no foxtel. Mad

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Why? . Where do you work?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Got up this morning and tried to put the radio on in the lounge room as I do first thing. Didn't work. Tried a couple of different things took a couple of minutes for the first thing in the morning brain to twig that the power was actually out in the lounge. Lights and power on a different trip switch so lights worked, just not power.

Reset the switch in the fusebox, all good. So I think.

Get home from work tonight, come inside, same shit. Power has gone out. FMD. Reset switch, check kitchen freezer, nothing seems too thawed out, I can live with that. (wish I knew what was tripping it, it's on now and has been for 90 minutes with no issue)

Turn on the TV and we have a problem. The Foxtel box has shit itself. Wont turn on. Try a few things including unplugging etc, all of a sudden the lights go blue. It starts to get up and going, strains for a few seconds and then carks it and switches off again. Lots of swearing and 30 minutes later of watching the cycle I cave in and ring Foxtel.

First good part, after I describe what I've already tried the bloke on the phone has enough nouse to not try to make me follow the script and do it all again, just jumps to the chase and says he'll get a new Foxtel box sent out. Bingo things I, common sense at last. Silly me.

So he says how it will be delivered in 2-5 working days and all I have to do is.....so I but in and say that I assume that if noone is home they'll leave it on the front verandah or something.

Uh oh chongo, now I've really deviated from the script.

So I get the "if no one is going to be home when it's going to be delivered..." I butt in before he's finished and tell him that first he can't tell me when it will be delivered and second I can tell him now that no one will be home because I work.

Ok, so then the courier will try and deliver it once, and if no one is home they will try again the next day and if no one is home again they'll leave a card saying where I can pick it up.

So, I says, we both know that no one is going to be home, I just told you that so can we skip this part of the dance and jump ahead? Can't they just leave the thing there?

I should have known better, that's not an option for a variety of reasons I understand even though they're a PITA.

So, plan B, Can I get it delivered to work instead? Silence, then surprised tone of voice, yeah we can send it there. Beauty.

So until then I got no foxtel. Mad

Bugger, is footy on normal telly? Can you get Foxtel on the go or you need the box to transmit it?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:23 pm

I'm screwed till I get the new box. If Saturdays game isn't on FTA I'm going to the rissole.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:53 pm

Saturday's game is on at 4:35pm so it will be telecasted on Fox Footy Stui.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:00 am

Got removalists coming in 3 hours and I'm not ready. Pulled an all nighter too. Oh well, if they get 90% of the move done (all the big stuff) I can hire a van later, or just enjoy a few trips up and back in the station wagon. Got someone at the other end to let them in, so might just have a nap here once they've headed off.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:08 am

stui magpie wrote:
I'm screwed till I get the new box. If Saturdays game isn't on FTA I'm going to the rissole.

just stream it from a tablet? i find it's better than nothing.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:07 am

Wokko wrote:
Got removalists coming in 3 hours and I'm not ready. Pulled an all nighter too. Oh well, if they get 90% of the move done (all the big stuff) I can hire a van later, or just enjoy a few trips up and back in the station wagon. Got someone at the other end to let them in, so might just have a nap here once they've headed off.

I hate moving. We're doing it in a month (fourth time in four years). Gets pretty draining after a while.

partypie 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Good luck if that fixes the problem. Same thing happened to my sister a month ago, they have sent a new cable, two new boxes and still no Foxtel. I pity whoever works there if it's not fixed by the weekend, it could get very ugly.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:

If I thought for one minute I could trust you to look after my moggies in the manner they are used to and born to expect you could stay at ours complete with functioning Foxtel whilst we are with the gorillas of Uganda and Rwanda - but I don't so off to the rissole ( whatever the fck that is ) with you Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 pm

That is a hypothetical question.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I'm screwed till I get the new box.

Divorce is a bitch

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:23 pm

I never thought junior would go to the dark side. And now my feral eldest is almost human, even tidied her room. Nice boyfriend, has manners again, emptied the dishwasher without being asked. Let junior and her friends have it at the mixed netball game tonight. The other team had 5, we are top of the ladder, and boy did they let them know it. Juniors horrible awful *&%%^&(*^$ boyfriend who is 6'4" started showboating, and they all joined in. Three quarter time I said to junior "having fun" she said 'yeah!' I said "pretty disrespectful. You've been there. You've had the Werribee feral rep teams give it to you, you remember how it felt? Cut the shit or I leave. " my BFF and her daughter, who used to be feral, and was about to walk of the court with embarrassment, agreed. They also spoke up. I so hope her BF gets a U.S. Scholarship, because **** I want him gone! AAAAGGGGHHHHH
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:46 am

Morrigu wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

If I thought for one minute I could trust you to look after my moggies in the manner they are used to and born to expect you could stay at ours complete with functioning Foxtel whilst we are with the gorillas of Uganda and Rwanda - but I don't so off to the rissole ( whatever the fck that is ) with you Razz

And a safe decision you make there for the fate of your moggies unless the manner they are used to is being told to get the **** outside and catch a mouse if you're hungry Razz

Box is being delivered today, apparently, so may be safe yet. Although heading down to the rissole (RSL Club) is still an option, they have an 80's band on Saturday night. Embarassed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 572, 573, 574 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 573 of 719   

Jump to: