Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 591, 592, 593 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

this little boys cry for help:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/10/21/dont-bury-me-yemen-boys-plea-becomes-rallying-cry-peace?cid=trending

RIP little man,

may your death not be in vain, may stupid men stop fighting over stupid things. and learn to share.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Why do the Police feel the need to exaggerate so much?

This father and son clown running round the bush near Yea have a chinese SKS semiautomatic rifle with them which they used to shoot at a Police car a few days back to evade escape.

So, OK. The cops are being wary of them. Good call. A semi auto .308 cal (7.62mm) is something to be wary of in the hands of a couple of bad guys.

But is there a need to frighten shit out of people by totally over egging it's power?

Police are saying that his thing can fire through the trunk of a tree. Yeah right. If you call a sapling a tree. Rolling Eyes

They're also saying it can travel 3km and is effective at 1km.

I've fired a long barrel .308 before, the cartridge is really similar in power to the old lee enfield .303. If it goes more than 6-8 inches into a tree, it's soft wood. Any tree that has a trunk diameter big enough to hide behind, this thing aint going through it.

Yeah the bullet can travel 3km, if you fire at a 45 degree upward with no care about where the hell the bullet lands. Same as my comments in another thread about the .303, yeah you could knock over a person at 1km with it, but only if you were a bloody good shot on a still day over flat open ground.

Why exaggerate and frighten people?

I'd actually be more worried if they had a semi auto .22. One of them low powered rifles. Depending on the model, you can convert some of them from semi auto to fully auto with a file in 5 minutes. Empty a 15 shot mag in a second or so which, if you're close enough to recognise them, would not be a good thing.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:02 am

You have to wonder if they are planning on going out in 'a blaze of glory".

Hopefully they don't take anyone with them,

Interesting read,

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/mark-latham-attacks-bob-katter-about-gun-control-in-australia/story-e6frfmyi-1227579210754

Why does anyone need a gun that shoots 8 shots in 8 sec? That's not sport

Love him or hate him, the Howard gun control laws and buy back scheme has to rate with one of the best things that ever happened in this country.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:21 am

Lycra clad Lance Armstrong wannabe's with a deathwish.

Driving down a suburban road this morning, slight down hill slope speed limit 50kmh, got this spandex spud going hell for lycra at about 48kmh.

There's several roundabouts along this street and old Tempaus* belts straight through them without a sideways glance. Cycles aren't designed to stop quickly, all it needed was someone coming in from the right and he's street grease.

Once I passed him his stupidity accelerated.

I'd slow down (a bit) approaching the roundabouts to check for other cars and also to prevent the need to shimmy the car through the tight ones, whereas captain spantastic didn't. No room for a car and a cycle to go through together so he made the assumption I wouldn't stop for anything and got so close to the back of my car his front tyre was nearly rubbing my back bumper. If I had of touched the brakes a little harder we was coming in through the back window, probably sooking it up all the way through about bastard motorists not taking care around cyclists.

I get it that slowing down and speeding up again means you have to work harder to get the speed back up but surely that's just better exercise?

Tool.

*Tempaus - Temporary Australian

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:23 am

Is this what you call a "word problem".
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:59 pm

This is not sport

This is not entertainment

This is $£$%^%%$ disgusting, heartbreaking, shameful

WTF is wrong with the human race?

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horseracing/leading-jockey-tommy-berry-unscathed-after-randwick-fall-but-kasiano-lad-euthanised-20151024-gkhkzj.html

Shame the jockey didn't die, since he rode this poor horse into its grave

And what kind of burial wil the horse get? The jockey would get a big flash funeral. The horse wil probably become dog meat

RIP Kasiano Lad

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Got Foxtel hoping that I could escape the dross that is commercial television.
The first 2 weaks weren;t 2 bad, I watched repeats of Vikings and some docos I hadn't seen before (or forgot that i that had).
3 weaks in, I've lost entitlement to the good stuff (such as it is) and now I'm watching the same crap they showed last week...

I don't live in no Holey-wood Hills but I know exactly what Bruce was on about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAlDbP4tdqc
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:25 pm

think positive wrote:
This is not sport

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horseracing/leading-jockey-tommy-berry-unscathed-after-randwick-fall-but-kasiano-lad-euthanised-20151024-gkhkzj.html

And what kind of burial wil the horse get? The jockey would get a big flash funeral. The horse wil probably become dog meat

RIP Kasiano Lad

I love your passion for animal rights but I can't agree with you on horse racing.

For the few that are injured and the many the no doubt end up pet foods, there are a whole lot more that lead a good life and end up as pets or farm animals and create a whole industry of employment.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:45 pm

think positive wrote:
This is not sport

RIP Kasiano Lad

Yep Jo - greedy fckn useless impotent humans the instigators and animals the victims as usual Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:27 pm

think positive wrote:
This is not sport

RIP Kasiano Lad

I don't really understand why you feel that. Kasiano Lad was a racehorse. He was racing, and he got badly injured and fell, and the kindest thing to do was to euthanise him. Unlike, say, meat production which we mostly accept happily enough, there was no intention to hurt the horse. It's sad that it happened, but I can't see why you'd be so wound up about it - especially at the jockey, who's just a working class lad operating to instructions, making a brave living in a dangerous calling. If you want to wish anyone dead (and I'm sure you don't mean that), then surely the owners and breeders bear more blame ??

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:54 am

think positive wrote:
This is not sport

RIP Kasiano Lad

Tommy lost his brother a year ago or . All jockeys I know love horses and care about them. So do the strappers. Jockeys stop riding the moment they feel horses are not right. Perhaps you have never had the tears of a an apprentice jockey on your back after a 2 yo broke his leg in a mid canter after going 300 metres.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 am

Mugwump wrote:
think positive wrote:
This is not sport

RIP Kasiano Lad

I don't really understand why you feel that. Kasiano Lad was a racehorse. He was racing, and he got badly injured and fell, and the kindest thing to do was to euthanise him. Unlike, say, meat production which we mostly accept happily enough, there was no intention to hurt the horse. It's sad that it happened, but I can't see why you'd be so wound up about it - especially at the jockey, who's just a working class lad operating to instructions, making a brave living in a dangerous calling. If you want to wish anyone dead (and I'm sure you don't mean that), then surely the owners and breeders bear more blame ??

Actually I had line about the owners on there but I took it off! I thought it was a tad harsh!

The problem comes from gambling, just like drug cheats in sport, faster faster faster, it's gone too far beyond natural and safe.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:37 am

ronrat wrote:
think positive wrote:
This is not sport

RIP Kasiano Lad

Tommy lost his brother a year ago or . All jockeys I know love horses and care about them. So do the strappers. Jockeys stop riding the moment they feel horses are not right. Perhaps you have never had the tears of a an apprentice jockey on your back after a 2 yo broke his leg in a mid canter after going 300 metres.

No ,but I've saved a trembling terrified ex pacer from the knackery. His only crime, he was too slow.

I also saved a 13'2" hand pony from the knackery, I have no idea what his crime was. He became my best friend.we even won the state bending championship in 1988 together, I was easy to spot, I had the horse that ran on heart, no whip required. The day the vet put him down still burns deeply in my soul. There's not much I wouldn't give up to have him back...at one time I had 6 horse, all but one was a rescue.

Just like footy, money, the odds, easy money, have changed racing from a sport, to just a soulless business. And the horses too often, lose.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:41 am

The movie the running man, also the hunger games, and I can't recall the name, one with Steven Segal, about ex commandos being kidnapped and used as bait for hunters. They all have a story. They all tell the tale of the way we treat animals on this god forsaken planet. Yet people are horrified because of the gore, the terror, not unlike life in a POW camp. Or a greyhound race track. Thank good horses don't eat meat.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:33 am

5150 wrote:
think positive wrote:
This is not sport

RIP Kasiano Lad

I love your passion for animal rights but I can't agree with you on horse racing.

For the few that are injured and the many the no doubt end up pet foods, there are a whole lot more that lead a good life and end up as pets or farm animals and create a whole industry of employment.

Agree totally with 5150. Yes, it's terribly sad when a racehorse has to be euthanised. But, until that point, they're probably the most pampered and well kept animals on the planet. We've owned a couple racehorses and they are treated like kings. Ronrat's also right, as soon as a jockey feels the horse isn't running 'right', they stop. I've seen one dismount during a race & pull the horse up.

The other blessing is that there's the ability to euthanise them straight away. A friend of mine has a few horses (not racehorses) and she saw someone else's horse slowly bleeding to death - had run into a barbed wire fence during the night and was lying there in agony. How many horses do you think die slow agonising deaths like this - having no one around to give immediate assistance?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 591, 592, 593 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 592 of 719   

Jump to: