Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 592, 593, 594 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Male or female friend?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:54 am

luvdids wrote:
5150 wrote:
think positive wrote:
This is not sport

This is not entertainment

This is $£$%^%%$ disgusting, heartbreaking, shameful

WTF is wrong with the human race?

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horseracing/leading-jockey-tommy-berry-unscathed-after-randwick-fall-but-kasiano-lad-euthanised-20151024-gkhkzj.html

Shame the jockey didn't die, since he rode this poor horse into its grave

And what kind of burial wil the horse get? The jockey would get a big flash funeral. The horse wil probably become dog meat

RIP Kasiano Lad

I love your passion for animal rights but I can't agree with you on horse racing.

For the few that are injured and the many the no doubt end up pet foods, there are a whole lot more that lead a good life and end up as pets or farm animals and create a whole industry of employment.

Agree totally with 5150. Yes, it's terribly sad when a racehorse has to be euthanised. But, until that point, they're probably the most pampered and well kept animals on the planet. We've owned a couple racehorses and they are treated like kings. Ronrat's also right, as soon as a jockey feels the horse isn't running 'right', they stop. I've seen one dismount during a race & pull the horse up.

The other blessing is that there's the ability to euthanise them straight away. A friend of mine has a few horses (not racehorses) and she saw someone else's horse slowly bleeding to death - had run into a barbed wire fence during the night and was lying there in agony. How many horses do you think die slow agonising deaths like this - having no one around to give immediate assistance?

For one thing horses should not be in paddocks with barb wire fences, and if they have star posts they should be capped.

I've also been around pacers, ex had a top stud farm, the 100,000 stud stallion lived like a king, but far too many end up at the knackery, starved and scared. Also, read up on just what all that special diet does to a horses gut.

I'm sure done right, ie don't run them into the ground, don't expect too much of them, and don't over breed in the hope of a superstar, there would be a place for it. I know my pony loved to race, he went mental whenever he saw flags, or even those posts on the side of the road, he wanted to bend around them! But mans greed means cutting corners, and leaving the animals welfare at the gate.

For every horse treated like a king, how many are run into the ground and then discarded like last weeks fish?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Banning whips would be a good start, after all, they love to run and win, so why do you need a whip? (The answer is because man is never satisfied with his pound of flesh)

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-24/whip-use-racehorses-questioned-study/6345296

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:23 pm

All I know on this is my maternal Grandfather was a stockman until he retired in his 70's and had been a rodeo rider in his youth. When he got on a horse he was part of it. He loved them and they loved him, I saw him voice control a few like a dog. If he saw anyone mistreat an animal he'd be the first in line to take corrective action - probably with a stock whip.

He loved the horse racing.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:50 pm

Over the last year or so I've doing some meditation and... well not "meditation" more "mindfullness".
How to moderate my well stop my heart (and/or my Taurian temper) from ruling ruling my head.
Sudden what seem like brilliant ideas are often a sign that they are not and I'd better sit down and think about the ramifications that "idea" really are...etc

I REALLY needed some self control todae and the lessons I've learnt seemed to have stuck a cord.
In a tight and tense situation I was as cool as a cucumber and it paid off in spades.
I'm not a violent man but I will never back down from bullies that threaten me and mine with something as mindless as violence.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:59 pm

3.14159 wrote:
Over the last year or so I've doing some meditation and... well not "meditation" more "mindfullness".
How to moderate my well stop my heart (and/or my Taurian temper) from ruling ruling my head.
Sudden what seem like brilliant ideas are often a sign that they are not and I'd better sit down and think about the ramifications that "idea" really are...etc

I REALLY needed some self control todae and the lessons I've learnt seemed to have stuck a cord.
In a tight and tense situation I was as cool as a cucumber and it paid off in spades.
I'm not a violent man but I will never back down from bullies that threaten me and mine with something as mindless as violence.

Hey honey, well done you, it's never easy to look inside yourself, and see a problem, let alone do something constructive to fix it. Whatever the situation was, I hope it's all fixed. And don't forget, even the coward of the county fought back in the end! Cheers mate,

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Learning self control is not an easy thing, especially when you have a temper.

Took me a fair while (not saying I'm all the way there) and my son is learning the hard way, struggling but working at it. Doing better than me at the same age.

Goodonya 3. Having the guts and discipline to look inside yourself and critique your own behaviour is one of the hardest things to do. Good stuff.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Thanks guy's!

I can't believe this woman is still tossing her garbage at me!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:56 pm

New managers who come in and think they know everything about everything.
I had a bit of a disagreement with this one, i probably stepped outa l8ne and went above his head on a certain matter (which turned out being shown to be the right thing to do after some water samples came back out of spec).
Now the weasel won't even look me in the eye and avoids me? How do these type of people get into these positions?
I've forgotten more about plumbing than this joker will ever know!
Very uncomfortable situation at work at present that just shouldn't be 😠

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Skids wrote:
New managers who come in and think they know everything about everything.
I had a bit of a disagreement with this one, i probably stepped outa l8ne and went above his head on a certain matter (which turned out being shown to be the right thing to do after some water samples came back out of spec).
Now the weasel won't even look me in the eye and avoids me? How do these type of people get into these positions?
I've forgotten more about plumbing than this joker will ever know!
Very uncomfortable situation at work at present that just shouldn't be 😠

That's no good

Don't guys just sort this out over a beer?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Yeah, blokes with balls do TP.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:11 pm

At a concert night, and the guy in the next seat was a good inch and a half into my space. And he insisted on spreading his knees over my side too, I pushed back! He even had his shoulder over mine for a while, til I gave him a look! Seriously, why are people so bloody rude?

I drove to Mitchum today, then to IKEA in Richmond, in the ranger, so I could see into cars. 1 stupid woman in a convertible in and out traffic on the Westgate, a guy also in a convertible looking at a phone or reading something, and I was behind him all the way down Victoria and hoddle street, moron. Then 2 lanes go into one, everyone is doing the zipper, but some woman in a BMW didn't want to let me in, she now knows a ranger has some juice! Gave her the finger just to be sure she knew I meant it! And then I let 2 more cars in to piss her off! Street round the corner has chicanes, and there is always cars parked in the way. You'd reckon the one who has to move to over take the parked car would wait, no this woman obviously had more urgent business than me, gees she must have been mm from my mirror! Man really watch people drive, it's no wonder crashes happen so much. Everyone is in a fricken hurry! For what? Just crazy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:33 pm

windows 8

$£$%^%%$ useless shit

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Upgrade to Win 10... It's free.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Skids wrote:
Yeah, blokes with balls do TP.

I think you missed a coma Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 592, 593, 594 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 593 of 719   

Jump to: