Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Ponsford Times.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:42 pm
Post subject: Re: The Ponsford Times.Reply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
We're all in agreeance that the Ponsford match day chanting could be better. In order to establish how we are to become better. I reckon it's time we all got together with ideas.
Keep the boots away..Bring in ideas...

Im happy for anyone to chair this discussion if they want..If we really wanted, this topic could be solved over night.
Words wont solve the problem..we need soldeirs on match day in the Ponny stand... so please keep that in mind.
Lets fire away!!

There will be people who for whatever reason disagree with the motives and suggestions in this topic..Please if you do disagree leave the topic to those who are concerned.
Im genuinely excited at what this topic can produce.

so, back to the topic at hand ... as i've said previously you would be better served by gathering a few like minds and having a face to face meeting that has some structure to it. put ideas up, decide on the ones you think will work and discuss how you can make them happen. all this posting will get you no where just like the many other like threads that have preceded this one.

you also have to lead by example. waving a red flag is not enough. why am i always asked about joffa being shown on tv looking like he's about to burst a blood vessel. i'd much rather hear about joff leading the way, being shown on telly bringing a tuneful passion to the game. bring the passion of the winner's cricle inside.

nuff said.

raymond35 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is gun_der a carlton supporter David?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 pm

no, a Carlscum supporter... big, big difference Wink
raymond35 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:48 pm

well that makes him even stranger than i thought. way too much time on his hands too.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:46 pm

The general tone of the thread has gone down a few notches hey Joffa. Confused

Still no thoughts about revving up the cheer squad? Come on people it's safe to test the water with your Idea

He's some inspiration:

wbFOOTYjoffa_wideweb__470x314,0.jpg

Golden_Gordon.jpg

raymond35 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Ripping Yarns,eh?

"eight-bloody-one!"
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:28 pm

raymond35 wrote:
Ripping Yarns,eh?

"eight-bloody-one!"

At least Collingwood will always be better than Barnstonworth. Mind you we supporters could do with a bit of Golden Gordon's passion. Laughing
raymond35 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:33 pm

He's a great supporter alright. Smile

Reminds me of myself as a young Collingwood fan. Ridiculously fanatical, unable to think of anything else!
CAAS 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:19 pm

ok, i have just read 7 pages of sh1t and to be honest, there would have only been 2 ideas on how to improve the chanting in the ponny.

Greek style, suggest you do just that and stick your unfounded comments up your rrrrccc!! I am not a fan of Joffa but i wont criticise his support for the club. you spun more sh1t than the Jamican police in rgds to Bob Woolmers death.

Now, to the topic at hand.

1. all those wanting to chant and sing, feel free to join in from anywhere. you can either request seats when buying them thru ticket master to sit behind / next to the CS or you can joyously stand with or next to the guys and girls up the back.

2. An idea for the club is to reserve boths bays either side of the CS for supporters that want to sing & chant. If by friday those seats are not sold, they go to the general public. they will be sold either way.

3. The CS revert back to the 02 & 03 ways with 3-4 chant leaders station around the CS from front to back, especially the back.

4. do more to get kids into the CS, it is becoming more like an over 28's venue where people just want to be noticed before they get too old then get sat up the back of the CS away from the action where they can have their tea and scones.

Cheering when your side is in front is always good but remembering to cheer when 40pts down will always be hard, no matter how passionate.

cheers

we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:50 pm

the werid thing is that the guys up the back (non cs) actually cheer louder then the whole cs alone! chant more often and get more ppl involved. even though they do swear but still they chant more then cs, but then again every 1 has sworn b4 at the footy even if it is to him/her self.
Peter 

BELIEVE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:21 pm

Great topic...

We have a problem and yes we are trying to fix it but cardboard cut outs don't chant...we have 200 cs members we have probaly less than 1/2 that actaully make noise...what we need is the back to filter through to the front....they have catchy war cries...they have great chants....we need the cs to adjust to change...

Help us make a differnce...we a are trying but it just ain't sinking in....

In desperate need of new chants...guys up the back sing them. Post them for us sharing is caring.....

Keep the thoughts going and try and keep them in the topic...

Go Pies

Passion is more than a 7 letter word....DREAM, BELIEVE, CREATE, SUCCEED!!!

WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:26 pm

CAAS wrote:
ok, i have just read 7 pages of sh1t and to be honest, there would have only been 2 ideas on how to improve the chanting in the ponny.

Greek style, suggest you do just that and stick your unfounded comments up your rrrrccc!! I am not a fan of Joffa but i wont criticise his support for the club. you spun more sh1t than the Jamican police in rgds to Bob Woolmers death.

1. all those wanting to chant and sing, feel free to join in from anywhere. you can either request seats when buying them thru ticket master to sit behind / next to the CS or you can joyously stand with or next to the guys and girls up the back.

2. An idea for the club is to reserve boths bays either side of the CS for supporters that want to sing & chant. If by friday those seats are not sold, they go to the general public. they will be sold either way.

3. The CS revert back to the 02 & 03 ways with 3-4 chant leaders station around the CS from front to back, especially the back.

4. do more to get kids into the CS, it is becoming more like an over 28's venue where people just want to be noticed before they get too old then get sat up the back of the CS away from the action where they can have their tea and scones.

Cheering when your side is in front is always good but remembering to cheer when 40pts down will always be hard, no matter how passionate.

cheers

I've been holding-off, but here goes.
Every single point that you've made I've already made to the Club, or it already happens.
1. your 1st point is spot-on. Make noise and be active wherever you are in the ground ~ the power of the Collingwood supporter is in its numbers. But if we sit/stand and don't make our presence felt, then it works in the opposition's favour.
2. Club not interested. I've asked & it's on deaf ears I'm afraid. I see a lot of power coming-out of 2 - 3 Bays of fanatical support, but try telling that to the Club!
3. there are already 3 chant leaders, 2 towards the front & 1 up the back.
There'll be a Chant Survey coming-out soon for Cheer Squad members to comment. Ideas very welcome.
4. the Cheer Squad is made-up of different ages & abilities; it's open to anyone, as it should be.
But on this last point, cos it's a good one ~ the trouble is that supporters join, plonk themselves in their seats & don't budge.
Most will cheer only when we're winning.
It's a mindset. Nothing to do with age.
I've seen boring members aged 18, and enthusiastic members who contribute in many ways, at twice & 3 times that age.
But I love most of your points, I reckon you're spot-on.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:58 pm

but Peter the thing is when the back do start a chant and starts to make its way down to the cs. the 1st few rows of of the real cs start a different chant so of course its not going to work. then you have people in the middle going oh crap what chant should i sing
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:29 am

fence-banger wrote:
CAAS wrote:

cheers

I've been holding-off, but here goes.
Every single point that you've made I've already made to the Club, or it already happens.
1. your 1st point is spot-on. Make noise and be active wherever you are in the ground ~ the power of the Collingwood supporter is in its numbers. But if we sit/stand and don't make our presence felt, then it works in the opposition's favour.
2. Club not interested. I've asked & it's on deaf ears I'm afraid. I see a lot of power coming-out of 2 - 3 Bays of fanatical support, but try telling that to the Club!
3. there are already 3 chant leaders, 2 towards the front & 1 up the back.
There'll be a Chant Survey coming-out soon for Cheer Squad members to comment. Ideas very welcome.
4. the Cheer Squad is made-up of different ages & abilities; it's open to anyone, as it should be.
But on this last point, cos it's a good one ~ the trouble is that supporters join, plonk themselves in their seats & don't budge.
Most will cheer only when we're winning.
It's a mindset. Nothing to do with age.
I've seen boring members aged 18, and enthusiastic members who contribute in many ways, at twice & 3 times that age.
But I love most of your points, I reckon you're spot-on.

Great to see you've entered the discussion Lesley. Another general from me comment from,

The days of the cheersquad solely being responsible for lifting the magpie army and our team onto victory are well gone.

Hello folks this is the MCG..behind the goals we have no more than 200 people...and you all expect us to lift the roof of the MCG ?

It aint gonna happen...and most often at games the Magpie Army has been outcheered.
What we need is to get real and look at the big picture..we need help to manufacture noise levels that will drown out all opposition support.

Firstly...We need the whole bottom deck of The Ponsford Stand to be alcohol free..The Brawl and disgusting chants that we witnessed last saturday are not on and should not be tolerated..Lets hope the club reacts and we never ever see anything like it again. Which i might add was nothing to do with The Collingwood Cheersquad. We have a cheersquad surrounded by foul mouthed drunks on both bays who want to fight..and we cant get kids to join up ? what responsible family would do so ?

Secondly....The Ponsford stand is now our cheersquad not too many people understand what we're trying to say here..stand back and have a look at the Ponny and imagine what the noise level could be like if we were able to co-ordinate chants...We only need 25% of the Ponsford to be involved and would easily blow the roof off no probs.

We need the club to get involved and help us out that is the bottom line..
Does the club see the Collingwood cheersquad as a group of people who make the banner every week and or do they expect us to ignite the Magpie Army within and around us ?

My personal opinion is and it's only an opinion, we shift the banner making duties elsewhere and solely concentrate on becoming the loudest football crowd in Australia.

Thirdly..and most controversial. The days of cheersquads by name are probably finished..scrap the name ' cheersquad ' There is a strange notion we the cheersquad are solely responsible for making match day noise, I dont like that notion lets go with something like ' The Black and White Minstrals ' and have three bays behind the goals full of wonderful collingwood people who would feel its an absolute honor to cheer for the boys and bring them from behind to victory and or cheer them onto victory.
Could you imagine the noise from three bays behind the goals co-ordinating the same chant.

The Red Flag has been an instrument in showing people what can be achieved when we all do a chant together..its awesome, it's inspiring and gives true meaning to the Collingwood army being the 19th man.

So many more ideas....
We'll now wait and see if this topic goes on in the spirit as it was intended or if it will be hijacked again by those with somewhat strange agendas ?

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:06 am

It's a great lifestyle following the Pies..ya wouldn't be dead for quids.

Loving every minute of it! Wink

Go woods!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: