Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The consolidated Fev thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fevola?
Yay
69%
 69%  [ 151 ]
Nay
30%
 30%  [ 65 ]
Total Votes : 216

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Up wrote:
^^^ how will he cost to much? rocca was playing $600,000 a year and only half of that was on salary cap. marty also left and he must of been on about $200,000 give or take. fev is on about $700,000 a year at scum

Not in $ but in what the Scum will ask for him. Remember 3 years is probably all he has left in him and who knows what quality that 3 years will be.

Maybe if they wanted a second round pick + Cook or Stanley (or both) it may be worth the risk, but to mortgage the farm for what could be a mediocre 3 years is not something I would like to see.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:40 pm

Fire Up wrote:
^^^ but you got to keep in mind, he is at carlton, they might of told him not to chase etc. its the coach's that tell him.

who knows if he came to pies mm or bucks might make him be defensive as in making him tackle etc.

dont forget he weighs 100+ kgs now if pies can make him bout 80-90 he will have a different attitude

No, they've actually told him over. and over. and over. again. Ratten (and Pagan before him) is the first to praise him when he actually does his job in this regard.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:45 pm

His body language is sometimes shocking. We refused to draft Cousins for nothing and his body language was always amazing on field. So my opinion is no don't get him! I'm all for body language that is why Nick is such a great captain.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Yep at Collingwood its all about the body language and everyone being a perfect angel off the field, who gives a crap if they have no skills, if they are good people we will give em the captaincy, who cares if they will never lead us to a flag, they are a great role model
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 pm

You'll take any opportunity to bag Maxwell, won't you ES?

At least you're consistent, but no one agrees or cares what you think on this issue any more.

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:01 am

I can't stand Fevola.

But...........if Mick, Maxy & Bucks were to sit down with him, and lay down the law as to what is required by the club, and they were convinced that he could change his ways and buy into our discipline...........then I'd say give it a go.

At the end of the day, as a player he is exactly what we need. He just needs to come prepared for a lobotomy.

As for a trade, well that's the tough part.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 am

I guess it boils down to the fact that do we want to try for an "instant"flag like the doggies-thats why they got Hall-and grab Fev, or do we contiune to wait it out with our ongoing youth policy.??
It is one hell of a question, could Fev deliver us a flag earlier than what we are anticipating.? The plot thickens.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:24 am

Pied Piper wrote:
You'll take any opportunity to bag Maxwell, won't you ES?

At least you're consistent, but no one agrees or cares what you think on this issue any more.

I know, everyone who supports Collingwood loves a hard, honest working player like our captain and cant stand the thought we might pick up a super talented full forward because he isnt perfect off the field, it doesnt fit the nice guys at Collingwood image

Oh well, we will see how everyone feels when Carlton win a flag before us
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 am

You're not addressing what I said.

You're referring to Maxwell quite clearly with your comments.

Actually if we did recruit Fevola (who by the way would cost us a heck of a lot of money, which will squeeze our salary cap), one thing in his favour would be that Maxwell, because of his character, would have a better chance than most of pulling him into line.

Anyway for me it's not so much the off-field stuff as the fact that he's a selfish player who has never achieved his true potential, and a poor influence on others in the way he goes about his work.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 am

^ Yes, but 99 goals in one season is surely good potential.?

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 am

Anyone who thinks his on and off field behaviour can be reformed is kidding themself. Carlton have tried everythng in this regard and nothing has worked. Others preferred.
This Random Guy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 am

Carlton seeking expressions of interest...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/carlton-ready-to-trade-fevola/2009/09/28/1253989871757.html

I think we could do with a player like him, if he could play for us, but I can't see a deal being done.

The Swans makes sense, they are in the market for a replacement high-media-profile forward.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 am

Well Carlscum have to be prepared to get rid of him first.

I just can't see Collingwood taking him.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 am

Just heard on the news there will be an announcement on Fevs future at the Blues in the "next few days". HHmmmmmm.........???

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 am

Nick Maxwell is an All Australian defender, and was selected in almost every All Australian team from media commentators, ex players and coaches.

If you really believe the crap you're spouting about Maxwell then you know NOTHING about footy at all and while you're entitled to have your opinion it is misinformed, ignorant and foolish. It shows you up as a theatre-goer and good luck to you, I hope you enjoy the show but please stop commenting on things you don't understand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 7 of 100   

Jump to: