Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Suns - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We played ok. Match was over by half time so the team didn't need to push any further.
Gold coast will be a good side. Started the year as a good VFL side, moved up to a poor AFL side and with three wins are showing improvement. I expect they will beat Brisbane again.

Enjoyed my weekend in the sun. Stood under the big scoreboard and met a few local collingwood fans.

Alien 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 am

Great players lunch yesterday at Sharks with boys after seeing them at Alto cafe for brekkie at Broadbeach. Some interesting insights on their thoughts on the coaching for the future. Especially from Swannie and Harry
Alien 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:38 am

[quote="rand corp"]We didn't look that switched on, looked a bit lethargic early and I thought the conditions, (humidity, rare road trip, high rotation of players) might have played a part.

Um it really was not that humid. It got quite cold and perhaps a bit dewie at night but no not humid.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Why would we completely bust a gut tonight? What would be the point?

We went back to April footy, when we weren't really using the press, and still won well. Nothing wrong with that at all. Being disappointed in margins is just silly. We won, nothing else to be said really.

This. A lot of best 22 players absent and still managed to win by 50+ points.

People seem to underestimate GCSs, they've actually won 3 games this year, yes they might have a lot of kids but these are the best kids of the last couple of years. Happy with the win.
One Happy PieMan 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Alien wrote:
Great players lunch yesterday at Sharks with boys after seeing them at Alto cafe for brekkie at Broadbeach. Some interesting insights on their thoughts on the coaching for the future. Especially from Swannie and Harry

What was said?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:46 pm

One Happy PieMan wrote:
Alien wrote:

What was said?

Pass us some Helen Morse for me dog's eye! and yeah Hot Pies!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Outrageous and disappointing effort by everyone involved. Sack the coaches and the board immediately. We could have won by 300 goals but we took the easy road, rested too many players, let the Suns score goals against us and took it easy. Why? We could have rewritten the record books. Lowest score in an AFL game - Gold Coast Suns 0.0 (0) against Collingwood. Highest score kicked in a game of AFL - Collingwood 300.600 (2,400) against Gold Coast Suns. This could have been a part of Malthouse's legacy at the Pies - but instead of grabbing the chance to put the fear of god into the other 16 teams, we played our B game, took it easy AND BROUGHT SHAME UPON THE HOUSE OF COLLINGWOOD!

I am going to tear up my membership over this! And maybe I'll leave a mountain of manure at the entrance to the Lexus Centre too!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Outrageous and disappointing effort by everyone involved. Sack the coaches and the board immediately. We could have won by 300 goals but we took the easy road, rested too many players, let the Suns score goals against us and took it easy. Why? We could have rewritten the record books. Lowest score in an AFL game - Gold Coast Suns 0.0 (0) against Collingwood. Highest score kicked in a game of AFL - Collingwood 300.600 (2,400) against Gold Coast Suns. This could have been a part of Malthouse's legacy at the Pies - but instead of grabbing the chance to put the fear of god into the other 16 teams, we played our B game, took it easy AND BROUGHT SHAME UPON THE HOUSE OF COLLINGWOOD!

I am going to tear up my membership over this! And maybe I'll leave a mountain of manure at the entrance to the Lexus Centre too!

Try a truck load of chicken hearts! Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Lachlan Keeffe, the best thing to come out of Gympie since John Nash!

Laughing nice!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Sometimes I think that this BB is inhabited by largely insane footy ignoramuses Laughing
Disappointing? Slack? Sloppy? Wow! We won by a country mile against a team of super talented young stars who gave us a glimpse of what they will be like in 3 years.

Meanwhile, we gave them a glimpse of what they may become if they work hard, listen to their coaches and spend a few summers on the track.

We won't play at 100% every week and I don't think we've even played a top 4 quarters more than once or twice this year. We'll play according to the plan laid out months ago by our science staff and amended each week to account for injuries and availability.

Relax people and enjoy the ride. This is a fine team that is setting up a time of prosperity. The Club is in fine hands. Stop worrying.....that's so 1970s/1980s/1990s Collingwood thinking.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:22 pm

Off topic.

Anyone know the phone number for the Collingwood superstore?

Can't seem to find a specific one for the store on the CFC site

Alien 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Swannie seems pretty unhappy with Bucks coming in.They hinted they prefer to keep MM
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Alien wrote:
Swannie seems pretty unhappy with Bucks coming in.They hinted they prefer to keep MM

Must be worried Buckley's going to ride him about his foot skills (or lack thereof) or maybe push him to start getting back to his 2010 form which he is currently miles away from. He seems pretty content to coast at the moment and cash his 600k cheque every year under Malty, bit of a wake up call from Bucks is exactly what he needs.

Swan needs to focus on his own game at the moment and forget about things he can't control or that have nothing to do with him, i.e. the coaching setup.

Last edited by Invigoration on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
CAAS 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:47 pm

the pies did what was needed to win the game when it mattered, good sides do exactly that. enough said.
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
swooper 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Alien wrote:

Interesting. I've heard (very very good source) that the boys are actually very excited about Bucks coming in next year. No disrespect to MM too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: