Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Thomas, recruit Martin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Heard a whisper that Martin wants to play with the Saints due to his freindship with Fisher. Saints aren't too impressed and have withdrawn approval for Fisher & Armitage to travel to the US with Martin in the off season.

To counter that, I heard a whisper that St Kilda aren't too happy with Scott Watters as coach!!
They are not a happy bunch either way at the Aint's, which is a bloody beautiful thing as part of the on going John Greening karma curse........ Razz Twisted Evil
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:15 pm

^ Caro said last night that Fisher is going to be traded, likely to GWS.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Seriously though where dafuq a club gets off telling grown men who they can and can't go on holiday with beats the sheiza outa me.

If my teaching colleagues can feel free to piss off to Malaysia or Thailand to pay underaged ladyboys for longtime (and they do) how can we hold footy players to a higher moral standard?

I realise I'm coming over all David at the moment but this stuff is beyond the pale IMO

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:02 am

Breadcrawl wrote:
Seriously though where dafuq a club gets off telling grown men who they can and can't go on holiday with beats the sheiza outa me.

If my teaching colleagues can feel free to piss off to Malaysia or Thailand to pay underaged ladyboys for longtime (and they do) how can we hold footy players to a higher moral standard?

I realise I'm coming over all David at the moment but this stuff is beyond the pale IMO

Thing is some footballers don't have much going on up in the brain department.

And football clubs pay them ALLOT of money and don't give them much time to spend it. So players they tend to do really really stupid things when they go overseas. i can completely understand if i was in a industry where my body was my 'work tool' and my club the 'brand label'. The club telling you what you can and can not do. Don't like it, they can go find another job!.

One stupid move by a player the club loses sponsors, fans stop buying membership, club loses money. (setting a midget on fire anyone?)
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Damn right Breadcrawl!
couldn't agree more! This leading teams crap which says you can turn 21 year old kids into robots who will obey every command is the biggest joke I've ever heard! As I just wrote in another thread, every great side has had its heroes, hoons, slackers, and boozers (and worse). The great Geelong model where the young kids have to behave the same as the old married men is ridiculous and dangerous. Name me a great team and I'll name some individuals!

You're 23, got a flash car and money coming out yer arse, and built like an AFL player, but you need to be home in bed, alone by ten, ok?
Soon we'll be hiring team Kommisars to watch each kid and report back to central party headquarters if lights are still on at 11, or they pass within 10 feet of beer. What will the result be? Some will just go over the top and get into trouble, others will be burned out shells by 26. It's really getting ridiculous!
WAKE UP Collingwood! These are young men, they will have some fun or they will explode!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Just to kill this particular issue off, Martin has apparently just re-signed with Richmond for 2 years, with the news to be made official at their B&F tonight: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/dustin-martin-has-re-signed-with-richmond/story-fndv8t7m-1226729952888
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:17 pm

How to cost yourself $50k - $100k per year and have it confirmed every other club thinks your a douche.

Good work Dusty!
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:22 pm

5150 wrote:
How to cost yourself $50k - $100k per year and have it confirmed every other club thinks your a douche.

Good work Dusty!

Do you think he could supplement that income somehow?
Perhaps serving juice as a doorman on a tram? Very Happy
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:31 pm

woftam wrote:
5150 wrote:

Good work Dusty!

Do you think he could supplement that income somehow?
Perhaps serving juice as a doorman on a tram? Very Happy

He doesn't fit the juice bar or tram driver culture, I'll be having a word with the Peel manager to try and get him a shift or two on the door.

I doubt I could help him with an accounts role.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Gee! Big surprise!
Don't suppose Demetriou warning other clubs off him had anything to do with half a dozen clubs losing interest in the next couple of days?

That guy is a thug, needs to not only be sacked, but shot and pi$$ed on too.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:10 pm

35forever wrote:
Gee! Big surprise!
Don't suppose Demetriou warning other clubs off him had anything to do with half a dozen clubs losing interest in the next couple of days?

That guy is a thug, needs to not only be sacked, but shot and pi$$ed on too.

Nice theory, but Dimi didn't warn other clubs off him, he encouraged Martin to repay Richmonds faith in him.

Also, he is a dickhead and most clubs seem to not be interested in someone they need to go out of their way to keep out of trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: