Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thump Tigers - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A crucial win.
It separates Collingwood from the C grade. Richmond are now there. Before the season started it was a hope that the pies would not slip and at least be able to hold ground and even better, improve. After four rounds we have seen enough to be confident that we can make the finals.
The acid tests are coming up. How they go against A teams like Essendon clearly are at the moment will tell us a lot more....

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:46 pm

well lets down grade ess as a ;listers after their smashing v dokas
even money now

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Several teams struggling without key players, makes our form all that more meritorious.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:50 am

Yeah, Essendon didn't do to flash but with Goddard and Ryder in they'd look a lot better remember. Still, makes me feel a little better about our performance!

- Ben
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:13 am

Surely the Cats are A-graders or close to it...? we were beaten but not too far off against them. The umps did us no favours and we still have a lot of upside!

Kangas and Bombers are both around us ATM... if pies win both we are in the mix for a top 4 finish... 1-1 and top 4 will be getting tough... 0-2 and top 4 is unlikely and we are looking at fighting for a spot in the 8 unless we have a ripper winning streak!

Big few weeks ahead... win the next 2 and then we get the cherry on the cake smashing Bloozers with a wooden spoon in hand before the BYE Smile Not that I am getting ahed of myself much...!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Don't think we'll see really good consistent footy from the Pies until the second half of the season and yes it'd be nice to win the next 3 and go into the bye full of running, but it won't make or break our season if we don't.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:20 pm

jackcass wrote:
Don't think we'll see really good consistent footy from the Pies until the second half of the season and yes it'd be nice to win the next 3 and go into the bye full of running, but it won't make or break our season if we don't.

Agree. Realistically, I will be extremely happy to win two out of the next three before the break. And by then, hopefully only Shazza will be not available for selection. Even Seedsman should be right.
That would be a fantastic place to be at IMO.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Finally had a chance to watch the replay and it's a step in the right direction.
And apart from our skills still being not up to scratch the only gripe I have is we're lacking the killer instinct. We had them on toast for most of the first 3 quarters yet only their woeful kicking prevented this game going down to the wire.
Biggest positive out of the game for me was clearly the sharpness and the effort from Fas, sure he had some iffy moments but his kicking was a thing of beauty. H emight move forward when we get Sincers, Williams and Seedsman back but its pleasure to see him develope. The kid has potential to become an elite player with another season under his belt.

I'm one of Sidey's biggest supporters and always bemused by people questioning his worth to the side but despite a great game all around his kicking remains a massive weakness. Still reckon he's suffering from the dreaded OP.

Cloke will come good as soon as he realises he's allowed to use his strength more due to the softened wrestling rule interpretation.

White is proving to be a great asset and even shown a bit of agression which is not something he's known for.

Great use of Elliott by Bucks, I'm surprised moving players to different positions when they can't get into the game isn't utilised a lot more.

Next two weeks will tell us were we're at - possibly making up the numbers in the lower part of the eight and only capable of beating b-grade sides devoid of confidence, or matching it with the up an coming sides that are in full flight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: