Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Eddiesmith can't defend him. So lazy and useless. Sadly white is just as bad lately.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Not much that can be done about it besides hope he turns it around. Not like we have anyone to replace him with at the moment. Confused
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Stupied wrote:
Not much that can be done about it besides hope he turns it around. Not like we have anyone to replace him with at the moment. Confused

Agree. Bet he comes good once Reid returns... We need to get Karnezis in. Possibles for Witts or White.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:25 pm

He looks injured to me, I know he's never been overly quick but he looked slow tonight.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Defender wrote:
He looks injured to me, I know he's never been overly quick but he looked slow tonight.

We roll that line out most years

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Cloke needs to be given the benefit of the doubt. The delivery to him is nothing less than pathetic so lets cut him some slack. What sort of chance has he got when the ball is kicked over his head, to his feet, to his left and to his right. This team needs to lift its game and start using the ball better to give him the opportunity to actually take marks. How can he when we don't give him the chance?
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:16 pm

And it's always the same culprits time and time again serving up the same sloppy disposals.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:22 pm

The forward line gets a complete pass today, for mine. The ball barely went forward and when it did it was scrappy. The talls had zero chance all day. Cloke's out of touch, but even in form he would not have done much today. Karnezis would not have made any difference either.

Also, I'd like to point this out: Kennedy had a worse game than Cloke. With the inside 50s they had and far more free ball movement, he should have been the match winner. He had a shocker: 6 touches and 1 goal.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:06 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Cloke needs to be given the benefit of the doubt. The delivery to him is nothing less than pathetic so lets cut him some slack. What sort of chance has he got when the ball is kicked over his head, to his feet, to his left and to his right. This team needs to lift its game and start using the ball better to give him the opportunity to actually take marks. How can he when we don't give him the chance?

Agree

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:30 pm

Kicked the most important goal of the day so you can all go and get £$%$ed
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:32 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Kicked the most important goal of the day so you can all go and get £$%$ed

There it is, weeded it out of him. Dummy's everywhere.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:54 am

Just watched today's replay and looked for Cloke at every opportunity, he's nowhere near fit, he's getting no elevation in his jumps and I'd put money on my 40 year old beer guzzling ass to beat him in a foot race, semi educated guess is he has a dose of OP, symptoms match up, loss of explosive power etc, that's why he can't get any separation on the lead and trying to out muscle a KB with limited bottom end power is next to impossible, and changing direction at pace to make an average kick good is much harder as well.

rest doesn't help apparently, but damn, we can't keep playing him IMO, reckon we just have pretend he isn't available until he's right.

Write off us flagging up this year without him at his best. Sad

I take back all the negative stuff I said about him in this thread, a lesser man wouldn't be on the field.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:39 am

We have nobody else, but the way Cloke is playing is like effectively playing nobody as FF..... an expensive nobody at that.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:01 am

Defender wrote:
Just watched today's replay and looked for Cloke at every opportunity, he's nowhere near fit, he's getting no elevation in his jumps and I'd put money on my 40 year old beer guzzling ass to beat him in a foot race, semi educated guess is he has a dose of OP, symptoms match up, loss of explosive power etc, that's why he can't get any separation on the lead and trying to out muscle a KB with limited bottom end power is next to impossible, and changing direction at pace to make an average kick good is much harder as well.

rest doesn't help apparently, but damn, we can't keep playing him IMO, reckon we just have pretend he isn't available until he's right.

Write off us flagging up this year without him at his best. Sad

I take back all the negative stuff I said about him in this thread, a lesser man wouldn't be on the field.

Doubt it, if he had OP then i don't think Bucks would have confidently predicted this week that he'd tear a game apart soon. And he was oretty good against Carlton, from memory. I think it's a form thing. His kicking shows he's a confidence player, and that is probably transferring to his general play just now. But I truly wonder whether the days of big beast Full forwards are really past. A mid-tall with strong mobility (or a short tall in Elliott's case) probably offers more in the fast ebb-and-flow of the modern game. Pity about that 5-year contract, if so.

delcorp 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:41 am

Play Travis the backline for a while. If he is not kicking for goal. Great mark. when he doesnt think kicking is good as well. Could be our best CHB.

Please play him there.

If Reid returns you then have him up forward with either White of PK.

White was relly good in ruck in the last 15. Should spend more time around the ground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: