Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't win flags based on potential or heart, but they sure help.

Will be better placed to judge our potential, if and when we see some or all of the following: Reid, Scharenberg, Freeman, Karnesis, Seedsman, Sinclair, Keefe, Kennedy, Adams, Broomhead and x-factor, Marsh.

Some of these would make us quicker and/or better kicking team. Certainly in the forward half.

Floreat Pica.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:44 am

Anyone else having issues with the replay on AFL.com?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:44 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Great to see our ex captain still abusing players that are better than him just for the sake of it, I assume Fasolos great crime was actually hitting a target which is not allowed in the ex captains backline...

Unanimous appreaciton here for Maxys great effort today makes your comment both stupid and pathetic - he was tremendous today and your cheap shots are completely unjustified.

He's not a whipping boy for you today sport.

Yet, the Bozo is quick to jump down the throat of anyone who dares to criticize Cloke.

Makes it very difficult for a forward if the best player in the backline cant kick a footy, yet everyone will blame for the forward for not being able to mark the helicopter kick...

Also amazing how a player with no skill at all can be so universally loved yet another will be abused by those same people because they cant kick straight even if they are the best mark in the league and set up plenty of goals

Guess its one rule for one, another for others...

Without the gutsy efforts of maxwell last, we lose, plain and simple. I thought smacking Faz one was a bad look too, but I'll wait to hear what happened. This back line is brand new, it's performed way better than the one last year, but it will take time, and Maxy may be on his last legs, but this year you'd never know it. His leadership skills have been amazing down back, far more effective than the Heath Shaw hysterics. Don't forget we played 3 quarters without brown, and the. One without frost.

Last nights win was amazing. Think about it. The last 3 years in that position would we have pulled out the win, without luck, without scumpires assistance, on pure and simple belief, heart and effort, and more importantly, the team playing as a TEAM?

One for the ages it certainly was, a turning point? I believe so. And I was privileged to watch it.

You should be hanging your head in shame for hanging it on Maxy, this year he's been incredible and invaluable.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:49 am

And I'll take a separate post for Cloke. Your excuses are bullshit, he didn't get near enough to the ball to even attempt the helicopters. He looked slow, or disinterested, I'd prefer to go with slow. If he's hurt get him off, he's absolutely no good to us playing this way. He didn't win us the game. The team did, or maybe your whipping boy, Faz. So he shanked a kick! He also took a great mark and gaoled when we needed him most.

AND to finish, when he took that last mark, he didn't go for the flash goal, and we all know what a show pony he is, he did the selfless thing, knowing everyone had given their all, he played it safe, and they rooted round the ball for 80sec til the siren sounded. Faz has done bloody well down back, and last night he was just fine thanks.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:55 am

Defender wrote:
If Cloke was my son I'd drop him, FFS he's been next to useless this year, Blair would make a better KF ATM.

If Cloke plays next week I'll spew, enough is enough.

Yep I agree.

Blair has been the whipping boy for so many for so long, but he almost singlehandely kept us in it, he, Jamie and Maxy held it together til the big boys decided to play. And sidey, stepping up doing the grunt work.

If the stars had shone from the get go we would have slaughtered them none of them did, the lesser lights kept us close, and that's a great place to be.

Look at the hawks without their 6 best, on the ropes and making excuses. (My bloody sister for one, and I'm loving it!)

Go pies, bring on the saints, we will knock em out the ball park.

Time to unleash the beast.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:28 am

Very Happy ^super posts Think Positive! Just simply tells it like it is. i'm with you on some of our much malined players. i really have trouble understanding their critics, and find it dissapointing that the se critics cannot give them credit when It's due!
Anyway what a great team effort, to get back in the game when things are not going you way. i fell off the chair when Pendles kicked that goal in the final quarter!
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:40 am

swoop42 wrote:
Nothing has changed for me after todays game if anything it's only highlighted how far we suddenly seem behind the likes of Port and the hawks.

Out:Ball
In:Adams

Out:Blair
In:Kennedy/Thomas

Surely you jest??

If you seriously think Luke Ball should be dropped- you need to go and follow another team- perhaps even a completely new sport.

But- I'll await your rebuttal of stats that in no way show the importance of this man to the team.

As for Blair- keep up the hate campaign

Perhaps one day you will learn to enjoy a win and look at positives,.

Go pies
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:46 am

Bit harsh on Swoop, but you're spot on. i just watched the replay again and the bloke caused about three goals, could have had a few more if Sidebottom had looked left on a few occasions, and just battered away all day on the base of the pack. He was, amd is, magnificent.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:47 am

Cloke looks restricted. We need at least one more line breaking runner off half back. That man is Seedy. He was sensational at times in the VFL yesterday. Hurt his knee but I hope is right as he is almost ready to go and will help our rebound. Why are we back to zoning and allowing the other teams a zillion unconstested marks?

I strongly believe we need Josh Thomas and Seedy in our team and not as subs. The VFL team was brilliant yesterday and we have a huge bunch of ball winners just waiting for their chance. Keefe will come back in and hopefully Frosty plays. But we need to shake up the line up still and try different combinations. We are still a fair way off what is required to be a top team. We need to keep experimenting with selection.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:00 am

I agree with that, generally. However, I am also in favour of letting the boys develop in the VFL, so that they have the requisite confidence in their own game when they come up. There is a lot of talent and pace in the 2s and the seniors will become much stronger as that is added.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:02 am

At the end of one of the quarters the siren sounded and players were looking on the ground for this West Coast player's teeth.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:05 am

All I want for Christmas: Eagle's Twitter wish after losing two front teeth
Travis King
May 24, 2014 9:50 PM
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-24/eagles-teeth-take-flight

Elliot Yeo

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:20 am

Confused, frustrated, relieved, excited, what a rollercoaster! Strange way to win a game of footy but I'll take it every day. Amazing how we managed to keep in touch when beaten in so many areas and then to hold on with 2 tall backs down. Fantastic stuff! Very Happy
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:44 am

stoliboy wrote:

At the end of one of the quarters the siren sounded and players were looking on the ground for this West Coast player's teeth.

That's a cracker of a photo!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:54 am

I was flat in the Last Qtr as the Disgusting Umpring took my Energy in the 3rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: