Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Eagles pulverise Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
DT wrote:
Basically, we are too young to sustain the effort needed across the season. Add to that key injuries and the season is a write off even if we sneak into 8th spot.

Should be better next year. The twos played well.

Stands and applauds!

Sadly, won't get too much traction here among so called supporters.

Agree with the young players not being able to sustain the effort for a whole season, but the biggest problem has been the 2nd tier experienced players.
They are the reason why we have dropped off.
Blair, Young, Lumumba, White have all been poor for long periods of the season and their return has been dismal.
Lynch hasn't even played a senior game.
Goldsack has been a good tackler up forward, but as a forward you are required to kick goals. Been better down back.
Cloke hasn't been great but also has been played without any help.

All senior players who's output hasn't been where it should.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Buckley has £$%$ed our club, it's as simple as that, anyone who disagrees needs to get off the gear, the longer he stays the longer his mess will take to clean, he has NFI.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Defender wrote:
Buckley has £$%$ed our club, it's as simple as that, anyone who disagrees needs to get off the gear, the longer he stays the longer his mess will take to clean, he has NFI.

Ah yes it's true. You area fu...n comedian. Rolling Eyes

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Leggie wrote:
Defender wrote:

There's nothing funny about it.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Leggie wrote:
Defender wrote:

Hey Leggie, how did you get the judge from Masterchef (Gary) to pose with Bucks for your avatar? Wink
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Well, that wasn't too good was it? It's fair to say that under Bucks we are no longer a good travelling side.

Pendles, Beams and Sidebottom did their job. But there was too much asked of too few. The decision not play an inside mid to help them out was clearly a mistake.

Of the next tier: Elliott, Kennedy and Armstrong can all hold their heads high and Broomhead continues to show he'll be a player.

Not much to say on the game itself, a down day where we were clearly outrun by the opposition over the four quarters. Contested ball was a problem at times and forced us to send everyone back in defense, this made proper midfield spread even more difficult.

I don't think there was anything in this game to be overly upset about, the effort was there, the Eagles simply outplayed us. A disappointing loss but not one that was all that surprising, nor one that I'd consider season defining. We've lacked run all year and this has become a strength for the Eagles, add to that our loss of inside players and it was never going to be an easy task. We looked ok for most of the second quarter, it was just the rest of the match that was a problem Wink.

hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:10 pm

i think martin didn't play due to a crook knee and i think ball would have play if the game was in melbourne
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Thoughts on us making the finals now Inky? Smile
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:13 pm

And JT would have played if the game was on the moon.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Big T wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
mudlark wrote:
To say I'm devastated is an under statement. I have been reading the comments today and notwithstanding the disgraceful performance of the "Umpires"??? ,equally disgraceful,considering it would cement a finals position,was the effort of most of the players. There was no heart,apart from a reasonable 2nd qtr,poor disposal,which has been a Collingwood trait now for years and a sense we have once again dropped the ball on recruiting.
I watched every kick of the game and to be blunt ,I feel humiliated to be a Collingwood supporter today. I have been a member of Collingwood for 25 years and I will not be renewing my membership next year. The club has lost it's soul and it doesn't need the likes of me,who yearns for the days when Collingwood at least turned up to play,regardless of the talent.
I'm totally turned off by the modern game and the umpiring??? Nothing more to said there. I know we have had unimaginable injuries and we've played more youngsters than anyone else,but enough is enough for me.There comes a time for everything and I'm going to play golf.FOOORREEE!!!!

Mudlark, I think you need to rethink. The test of a true Collingwood supporter is whether or not you will stay with the team during the hard times. It's easy for anyone to be a hard core supporter when you are near the top of the ladder. But the true grit is tested now. Yes we are down. But if you throw out your membership card now, then you are not of the same ilk as you demand from our players.
Your last line is a contradiction. You say..yes we have had unimaginable injuries and yes we have played more young players than anyone else...but "enough is enough" even so!! Precisely for the reasons you have stated, our performances will necessarily be at times below par.
Tonight was, I agree, too far below par to be acceptable, but we have to stay firm and support our team as they seek out the answers and fight to reload for next week. When our young guys start to burn in 2 years time, I want to be able to say "Yes, I deserve this happiness because I was there, supporting our team, even when they weren't winning.

The problem is, there is a genuine and growing feeling that the club doesn't really give a toss anymore, like they are just taking the piss and there as a business to make money and provide golden spoon facilities for the elite. They are living well off your membership money and they know it.

Magpiemax. Tomorrow is my birthday. I turn 61. I was born and bred into a Collingwood family that would not have a bar of anything not black and white. i saw my first live GF in 1966.Even got my mug on the front page of the Sun in Collingwood cheersquad,which,as a country kid on an end of season footy trip, was a blast. I've endured many losing grannies,I've seen the advent of the "Colliwobbles" and all its stood for.I've seen Collingwood win their first wooden spoon,I've seen champions and Duds alike ,but most of all,I have stood fat and proud to be a Magpie,because being part of the Magpie army means something to me,still does.But as Mr T quite rightly points out,The Collingwood hierarchy ,don't give a toss and are simply wanting bigger membership numbers while we get 4.40 sunday games 6 weeks in a row and no one gives a shit. I will continue to be a magpie supporter but with a lot less enthusiasm than I have done for over 1/2 a century.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:20 pm

We were bad, I mean really bad. That would have to be one of the worst performances I've seen. Sitting behind the goals, watch WCE with more space than Mork roam across the ground at their leisure... lazy, so lazy, nothing, I'm not a "perceptive fellow" by any means, but anyone who thinks we're a decent side are kidding themselves, we're shocking.

With what was on the line today, to serve that crap up.... pfft .... shit!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Beast wrote:

Still a chance.

Your claim that we were "no chance" was disproved when we beat the Power. Doesn't matter what happens afterwards, following that win we were a definite realistic chance to play finals.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:25 pm

It will be tough to make the GF if we keep playing like we did today.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:34 pm

i hate carlton wrote:
It will be tough to make the GF if we keep playing like we did today.

Ya think Question

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:37 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Beast wrote:

Still a chance.

Your claim that we were "no chance" was disproved when we beat the Power. Doesn't matter what happens afterwards, following that win we were a definite realistic chance to play finals.

No it wasn't disproved, if anything Crows losing to the Eagles contributed a lot more to us having a sniff of a chance.
As things stand right now you're away with the fairies if you think we'll make the finals and no amount of waffle is going to change it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: