Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scharanberg Injured in VFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely shattering news and another case of our medicos not covering themselves in glory.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
What's the surface like at Bendigo?

AFL standard.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Defender wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
^My view remains the same, (specific to Sharenberg's situation) even if it was a rolled ankle.

So he's feet will still be getting used to the strain of a match after only a couple of weeks back, he then rolls his ankle - where's the next flexible joint in the link to subconsciously take the body's load??

Can't keep him in cotton wool mate, he's a footballer and he needed as much game time as possible, just rotten luck.

Least his feet issues should be well and truly over now with the extended layoff.

The majority of the time, I'd agree with this view.

But taking Scharenberg's & Collingwood's CURRENT circumstances into consideration though - Cotton Wool stocks should've gone up the second he hobbled off.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:54 pm

You can't prevent the roll of the dice. It is what it is. Shattering, but no amount of caution can prevent stuff like this, it just happens. Could have happened at training!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Cam wrote:
You can't prevent the roll of the dice. It is what it is. Shattering, but no amount of caution can prevent stuff like this, it just happens. Could have happened at training!

Yep. It's shattering for Scharenberg & shite for everyone.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Flashman wrote:
Well as heartless as it sounds I doubt now he's ever going to be the panacea to the problems besetting the club. He's injury prone. Two long term injuries before he's even played at the elite level is evidence of a fragile body sadly.

This pick will haunt the club especially when we see Aish tearing it up at Brisbane for the next decade. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I will be (and I don't want to be a "perceptive fellow" but there's nothing to be positive about). Crying or Very sad

Fingers crossed on Freeman for next year.

That's far too early to call. It's also evidence of bad luck. The injury could've happened anywhere anytime.

ACL's are eminently treatable. A lot depends on any other collateral damage he may have sustained.

I'm actually more concerned about Freeman in some ways - a hammy for a season doesn't add up. Of course we are not privy to the injury details.

As for Schara - shockingly disappointing for all of us but I think that is too early a call yet for a kid yet to play a game. Like you I hope you're wrong about him - but he's obviously not figuring next year & part of the year after.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Flashman wrote:
Well as heartless as it sounds I doubt now he's ever going to be the panacea to the problems besetting the club. He's injury prone. Two long term injuries before he's even played at the elite level is evidence of a fragile body sadly.

This pick will haunt the club especially when we see Aish tearing it up at Brisbane for the next decade. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I will be (and I don't want to be a "perceptive fellow" but there's nothing to be positive about). Crying or Very sad

Completely agree

Shattering for the kid, but just seems like a bad pick now compared to we could have had Aish...

So much for the future...

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:32 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Flashman wrote:

That's far too early to call. It's also evidence of bad luck. The injury could've happened anywhere anytime.

ACL's are eminently treatable. A lot depends on any other collateral damage he may have sustained.

I'm actually more concerned about Freeman in some ways - a hammy for a season doesn't add up. Of course we are not privy to the injury details.

As for Schara - shockingly disappointing for all of us but I think that is too early a call yet for a kid yet to play a game. Like you I hope you're wrong about him - but he's obviously not figuring next year & part of the year after.

I don't understand why you say he won't figure in part of the year after next.Surely he would be ready to play by the start of the 2016 season,wouldn't he?That's about 19 months from now.Not even Collingwood players take that long to get over a knee injury.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:45 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Flashman wrote:

I don't understand why you say he won't figure in part of the year after next.Surely he would be ready to play by the start of the 2016 season,wouldn't he?That's about 19 months from now.Not even Collingwood players take that long to get over a knee injury.

In my view, it can take some players a while time to be fully fit & firing post major knee surgery, takes time to find their feet so to speak. Often part of the next yr back. Tooves is one that comes to mind.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Defender wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
**** me dead, we are cursed, what a shit season all round. sigh.

Cursed my ass, we change fitness guru's and we suddenly have the worst injury rate in history of sport.

Now you are just being ridiculous. How can an impact injury be related to the fitness coaches. You will make any wild claim to support your tenuous outlandish claims. Grow up.

Waisting your time Member.... Rolling Eyes I asked the SAME question early this week and am STILL waiting for an answer from the "perceptive fellow"..... Shocked
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:32 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Defender wrote:
If he's done an ACL it could mean not taking Moore, sounds harsh I know but thems the brakes.

Smoke another joint Def!!

I'm smarter than most, .........

I love your sense of irony.

It begs the question, smarter than most what...... Wink Razz

Absolute bloody GOLD....... Razz

Classic stuff... Twisted Evil
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:32 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Defender wrote:
If he's done an ACL it could mean not taking Moore, sounds harsh I know but thems the brakes.

Smoke another joint Def!!

I'm smarter than most, .........

I love your sense of irony.

It begs the question, smarter than most what...... Wink Razz

Absolute bloody GOLD....... Razz

Classic stuff... Twisted Evil
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Oh F(ck me!
We've already lost a player for next year through injury. That's FOUR years of ridiculous injury rates, how many do you WANT before you'll open your ears and listen? I can't remember any side ever having four years of injuries, I don't think it's ever happened. And people here still think it's just crappy luck!

Have a look at sports science. Mick was big on it. They spend fortunes on people & equipment to change the way players walk, run, land etc to prevent injuries, and quite successfully too. Buckley's solution is "Work harder!" Each year under Buckley the injury list has got longer, soon we won't be able to field a fit team. He HAS to go while we still have 18 fit blokes! THINK about it! Who HASNT been injured during Buckley's tenure? Anyone? Maybe Steelo, anyone else? Under MM & Buttifant guys went whole careers without serious injury. We ARE going to finish 14th in 2015, and the injuries won't stop. This time last year I told you we would finish 8th in 2014, seems I was being over-optimistic!

Stuff me people... Wake UP!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
What's the surface like at Bendigo?

Great surface, cannot be blamed at all. Not an issue.
I WAS at the game and he was deemed OK to go back on to the field after a brief assessment by the Physio after a minor niggle at the start of that quarter, I don't think that was related to the knee issue later that quarter. Just frigging terrible bad luck for those who believe in luck. For others like the "perceptive fellow", lets just blame the sky falling down on Collingwood... Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:47 pm

35forever wrote:
Have a look at sports science. Mick was big on it.

MM must have been totally blameless then when Murphy got injured last night in their 100 point thrashing, not to mention their other injuries over this season....Shocked

Yep lets get MM back so we can lose by more points than we are now!!

That makes perfect sense, you dumb frigging "perceptive fellow".... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: