Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Jarryd Blair the best small forward since Daicos?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:

Funny thing, we didn't get trashed and yet we were so mind numbing.y awful to watch! Watching the tiggas drop marks and still keep possession, kick me, why are those loose balls not dived on? He has lost the players. They have no idea how to compute what's in his brain

If he has lost the players who do not know what is in his brain, how did they know vs Geelong, vs GWS, Vs West Coast ? Same players, same coach ... I just don't think it makes any sense to assume he has lost the players and cannot communicate expectations or plans, and that this changes from week to week.

I think the truth is that the team we had to put on the park last night was just not up to it. Cox is a liability in terms of defence in the forward 50, Crocker not quite the standard, Blair probably injured (whatever his deficiencies he usually gets a lot more involved than that)... and Cloke is done. We put very little pressure on them coming out of our F50 and so they were free to put pressure on our defence, making even good players like Reid look loose and disorganised. Is that Buckley's fault ? Well, in one sense yes as the buck stops with the coach - but last night looked like we were trying make mortar with over-watered cement because that is all that's in the truck right now. Elliott, Fas, Moore Sinclair and Scharenberg and Ramsay and growth in Degoey Wills and Aish are all going to be necessary. Fortunately these all look pretty possible.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:54 am

Explain why Fasolo Elliot and Broomhead are missing and you have your answer
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:03 am

Yeah let's use the injury excuse for another year, 6 straight now. What ever happened with the big commission into the injuries?

Maybe it's training/playing style that's doing it?

For me those big wins make it worse, we know the team is capable of winning, of being top eight, and then we dish up that shit last night. No I won't use the outs as an excuse. If Blair was not ready, why was he out there? We should have won that game by 6 goals. How many pathetic misses were there? How many chose to hand pass, or just pass off because they didn't have the confidence to have a crack? What's with all the hand passing from free kicks? In their forward area, with players bearing down? Why not smash it down the field, like brown did once to add a bright moment to a crap night?

I had a conversation with a nickster at half time, we both agree it's like no one will speak up and say 'this isn't working". When Eddie came out in the media and said it, the next week the style changed enough for us to win. And then back to the same old same old. It's a pigheaded attitude that plan A will work, I don't need a plan B. I have faith in the list, the team, the guys out there last night were good enough to get the job done, and yet for too many periods, looked like headless chooks, tackling players after the ball was long gone. Yes we need to say goodbye to a couple of old times, but none of them were out there last night. Maybe Blair, maybe Brown. Cloke needs a new coach.

Don't tell me they have no skills, I've seen them, but they get lost in the quagmire that is this game plan. MAN UP! Eddie, I'm looking at you.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:13 am

think positive wrote:
Yeah let's use the injury excuse for another year, 6 straight now. What ever happened with the big commission into the injuries?

it sure is, yet everyone seems to be missing the obvious. Our gameplay is to throw ourselves at the player like missile to tackle the shit out of the opposition. No wonder we're injury prone.

We need to play a slick, skilful game that doesn't rely on using players as battering rams.

Our coach is a numpty.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:05 am

What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:

it sure is, yet everyone seems to be missing the obvious. Our gameplay is to throw ourselves at the player like missile to tackle the shit out of the opposition. No wonder we're injury prone.

We need to play a slick, skilful game that doesn't rely on using players as battering rams.

Our coach is a numpty.

I have wondered (and may have posted last night - I can't remember whether I hit "submit") whether the up and down performances might not occur at least in part because that ferocious tackling game can't be played two weeks in a row by enough of these players at this stage of their development?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Mugwump wrote:
think positive wrote:

Funny thing, we didn't get trashed and yet we were so mind numbing.y awful to watch! Watching the tiggas drop marks and still keep possession, kick me, why are those loose balls not dived on? He has lost the players. They have no idea how to compute what's in his brain

If he has lost the players who do not know what is in his brain, how did they know vs Geelong, vs GWS, Vs West Coast ? Same players, same coach ... I just don't think it makes any sense to assume he has lost the players and cannot communicate expectations or plans, and that this changes from week to week.

I think the truth is that the team we had to put on the park last night was just not up to it. Cox is a liability in terms of defence in the forward 50, Crocker not quite the standard, Blair probably injured (whatever his deficiencies he usually gets a lot more involved than that)... and Cloke is done. We put very little pressure on them coming out of our F50 and so they were free to put pressure on our defence, making even good players like Reid look loose and disorganised. Is that Buckley's fault ? Well, in one sense yes as the buck stops with the coach - but last night looked like we were trying make mortar with over-watered cement because that is all that's in the truck right now. Elliott, Fas, Moore Sinclair and Scharenberg and Ramsay and growth in Degoey Wills and Aish are all going to be necessary. Fortunately these all look pretty possible.

Top post Mugwump. I reckon we had half a dozen players last night who are simply not good enough, and who will most likely not be in our best 22 (or even at the club) next year. These include:

Cloke
Brown
Cox
Crocker
Blair
Williams

Of those, only Cox has a possible future with us, but only if he significantly improves over the pre-season.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:51 pm

Blair had NO kicks!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:00 pm

No clangers, though. Be fair. Blair has entirely eliminated kicking inefficiency from his game.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
No clangers, though. Be fair. Blair has entirely eliminated kicking inefficiency from his game.

he is that green number on a roulette wheel!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm not Blair's greatest fan, but unless you are are a tall marking forward, the half forward flank is the graveyard position on the ground. Delivery into the forward line wasn't exactly great last night, so I'm wondering what people expected of Blair. But then again we lost last night so let's blame a few scapegoats to blame for the loss. Depends whether you want to blame Buckley for the loss or Blair for the loss. Take your pick.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:25 pm

I don't think one has to see it as a dichotomy.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:05 pm

He's as useful as an asshole with tastebuds
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Big T wrote:
He's as useful as an asshole with tastebuds

You win.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I don't think one has to see it as a dichotomy.

I like it given the post was "Blair had no kicks" Very Happy

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:12 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I'm not Blair's greatest fan, but unless you are are a tall marking forward, the half forward flank is the graveyard position on the ground. Delivery into the forward line wasn't exactly great last night, so I'm wondering what people expected of Blair. But then again we lost last night so let's blame a few scapegoats to blame for the loss. Depends whether you want to blame Buckley for the loss or Blair for the loss. Take your pick.

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA JARRYD "HOW ABOUT FRONT AND CENTRE" WHEN THE BALL SPILLS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 7 of 19   

Jump to: