Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

In defence of OUR coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezza23 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Have you considered that if Buckley was to walk away from the club tomorrow it may leave the club in far greater disarray than if he was to stick it out.

For starters one of the assistant coaches would have to take over till the end of the season. The players will be ashamed that their performances have just got their senior coach sacked. Think what pressure that will make on the assistant coach taking over. The player confidence levels are already low over the Carlton game. Think what their confidence levels will be like under a new coach.

Going by what other clubs do when they sack their senior coach, they usually go outside their club at the end of the season to seek a new coach. So let's say Scott Burns takes over as temporary coach till the end of the season. I'm assuming our injuries continue so we don't win another game for the season. Scott Burns is assumed no better than Buckley by association so his coaching career aspirations are wrecked.

At the end of the season we seek an experienced coaching replacement for Buckley. Roos is returning to the US to live, Clarkson has just signed a coaching extension at Hawthorn and Thompson is a head case.

Not having a viable experienced AFL coach to replace Buckley we are forced to go with one of the untried experienced assistant coaches at another club. The most obvious choices which spring to mind are Leigh Tudor or Stewart Dew.

We have a very inexperienced young team going into the 2017 season. What makes people confident that we are going to go any better under a new coach than we are already under Buckley. If we lose the first few games of next season under a new coach do we get the knives out to assassinate the new coach.

Sounds like Ground Hog day to me.

Umm - you do know the difference between opinion and fact I presume.
There is no factual basis to predict we will be worse if Buckley left. There is no factual basis to assume that the players would be ashamed if he were to be sacked. There is no factual basis for assuming that players confidence level would be lower if an assistant took over. There is no factual basis to say that we would appoint an experienced coach. There is no factual basis for assuming that the side will play worse under a new coach. And somehow between now and 2017 the side will turn into a very inexperienced young side.

Lastly you used the trite comparison of a new coach with a few games experience to the five years of gradual but continual decline of the side under Buckley to proclaim how posters will react.

Just do us a favour and preface any of your predictions with IN MY OPINION

Wise words but I am curious as to why you've chosen a pro-Buckley post to voice this consideration when each of your points applies equally to the posts of the anti-Buckley posters, or are you suggesting that they are permitted free rein to spew their vitriolic crap?

As you well know and correctly pointed out to me I'm guilty of this as well. This piece had just a few too many for me to ignore. Personally I think we should all just wind it down a notch and see what happens at the end of the season.

Yep, I've confessed my sins. Just don't engage any more with people who aren't interested in a discussion.

Bucksisfuturecoach generally tends to be well balanced in his views using for example "have you considered..." instead of "well clearly...". Haven't always agreed with his views but can at least respect that he's considered the facts in reaching his opinion..
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Jez07 wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
Eddie is distancing himself from Buckley every day. Once the crowds drop off, it will be then when the board acts on him.

Everyday since when Sat? So two days? And based on what evidence? A couple of quotes under fire?

Every thread I read is full of little one liners from you, white anting, and fanning the fire.

Eddie has been in full blown spin mode since Saturday. On his radio show yesterday, on his radio show today and then he appeared on SEN again this morning.

When a president questions the gameplan of the coach, you are going to be sacked.

The next few weeks will see numerous articles surface on the internal state of Collingwood. Caro's piece yesterday was the first and many more will follow. Strap yourself in.

Quote him then and support your argument that he's distancing himself on these 3 occasions then. It best be absolute, or it just becomes your opinion and not fact as you seem to enjoy presenting it.

As for the rest of your drivel of course we'll see that.....it's Collingwood. We sell papers.

Your flamming ....that's about all your doing.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:50 pm

Jez07 wrote:
The people that didn't know these facts make me question if they are really Collingwood supporters, or stuck around when the going got tough in the 90's. I'm looking at you Rudeboy and Lazza.

Long term posters on Nick's (unlike you) know that I have been following mighty Collingwood unconditionally, loyally, spilt blood for, have lived for the 'pies through thick and thin since 1970. As well as thousands of games during the season, I went to every single Collingwood Grand Final (win or loss) until 2010. Even since I moved from Melbourne to reside in Bendigo, I went to numerous games although it obviously involved a lot more time travelling, sometimes at inconvenient hours.
However I have decided that I'm no longer in any mood to tolerate utter bloody senseless tools/fools like you therefore for the sake of my bloody pressure going up, I won't be replying to your insane posts ever again.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:09 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
Eddie is distancing himself from Buckley every day. Once the crowds drop off, it will be then when the board acts on him.

Everyday since when Sat? So two days? And based on what evidence? A couple of quotes under fire?

Every thread I read is full of little one liners from you, white anting, and fanning the fire.

Eddie has been in full blown spin mode since Saturday. On his radio show yesterday, on his radio show today and then he appeared on SEN again this morning.

When a president questions the gameplan of the coach, you are going to be sacked.

The next few weeks will see numerous articles surface on the internal state of Collingwood. Caro's piece yesterday was the first and many more will follow. Strap yourself in.

Quote him then and support your argument that he's distancing himself on these 3 occasions then. It best be absolute, or it just becomes your opinion and not fact as you seem to enjoy presenting it.

As for the rest of your drivel of course we'll see that.....it's Collingwood. We sell papers.

Your flamming ....that's about all your doing.

http://www.sen.com.au/audio#B1XKOfaeW5s2H2A0.97

you can draw your own conclusions. i thought he sounded genuine and up for the fight.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:25 pm

I can't find the link to Eddie JW. All I get is the SEN Homepage.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:29 pm

^ there should be links to the audio.

have posted something on fb for you.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:48 pm

Lazza wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
The people that didn't know these facts make me question if they are really Collingwood supporters, or stuck around when the going got tough in the 90's. I'm looking at you Rudeboy and Lazza.

Long term posters on Nick's (unlike you) know that I have been following mighty Collingwood unconditionally, loyally, spilt blood for, have lived for the 'pies through thick and thin since 1970. As well as thousands of games during the season, I went to every single Collingwood Grand Final (win or loss) until 2010. Even since I moved from Melbourne to reside in Bendigo, I went to numerous games although it obviously involved a lot more time travelling, sometimes at inconvenient hours.
However I have decided that I'm no longer in any mood to tolerate utter bloody senseless tools/fools like you therefore for the sake of my bloody pressure going up, I won't be replying to your insane posts ever again.

Well done Laz... I mean how can we compete with someone who has experience the horrors of the 90's first hand given the 70's and 80's were such a joyride. Who will ever forget 1976, just the most fun you could have with your pants on.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:55 pm

That was one of Peter Moore's development seasons, wasn't it. Good times.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:59 pm

thankfully he had a great coach... shame his grandson is playing at another club, that sort of thing will destroy the fabric of the club...
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:36 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Jez07 wrote:

Well done Laz... I mean how can we compete with someone who has experience the horrors of the 90's first hand given the 70's and 80's were such a joyride. Who will ever forget 1976, just the most fun you could have with your pants on.

LOL!! Twisted Evil Razz

At least I get the humour but I bet you (an opinion here!) that newbie pimple wouldn't have a bloody clue what we are talking about!! I mean, the 90's were SO bad, especially 1990.......................... Laughing Smile Cool

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:36 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Jez07 wrote:

oh, and what a real hoot the 1966 GF was, with shattered tears and my Bro storming around the house wailing ÖNE $£$%^%%$ POINT"over and over again Sad Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
oh, and what a real hoot the 1966 GF was, with shattered tears and my Bro storming around the house wailing ÖNE $£$%^%%$ POINT"over and over again Sad Rolling Eyes

1970, 77, 79... I recall with fondness what a thrill it was standing in the old Southern Stand GF day 1980... just loved watching Hungry tear us a new 1, 1981.... people no doubt envy the character building opportunities we've had...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:18 pm

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

1970, 77, 79... I recall with fondness what a thrill it was standing in the old Southern Stand GF day 1980... just loved watching Hungry tear us a new 1, 1981.... people no doubt envy the character building opportunities we've had...

Too right mate, you, me and Lazza, must have balls of steel to survive all that as Collingwood diehard fans, the newbies and some young uns on here would have no idea the pain we went thru, time after time. Yes, the flags of 90 and 2010 eased the load a bit, for sure, at least we have seen two flags, but some fans don't understand how hard, hard, it is to even make a GF, let alone win it, it does not come easy, and takes time and a lot of patience to build up too it. On the day, it takes a bit of luck too, like the Breen mongrel kick, or the tiprat bounce, both from the exact same spot too, decades apart. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:06 pm

Where is a shred of evidence to say he is a good coach.
Not feelings, evidence.

There is HEAPS of evidence to say he is a bad coach.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:19 pm

John Wren wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Stevo75 wrote:
Can't believe I just wasted my smoko reading such rubbish!
Why people can't see that we are struggling due to lack of personnel is mind blowing. The lack of cohesion in our team is so obvious. Three blokes going up together and the ground ball being swept away unchallenged. Two blokes running at the man and an easy over the top and they're away. I could keep going. This is due to the players not playing together enough. Not knowing their team mates voices. Not instinctively knowing where their team mate is going to run. Have any of you haters ever even played the game before? Do you even know what a football looks like up close?
As for Nathan Buckley. He is no fool that is obvious. At least give the man a chance to have a sustained run at this with a healthy list to choose from and then judge him. Make no mistake we are on the right track, we just need some continuity and a little bit of luck and it's going to turn around real quick.
Finally, thank goodness the board and everyone else that matters doesn't listen to some of you lot. If they did, Malthouse would have been sacked in early 2009 and we'd still be romancing about 1990.

Thanks for another sane comment Stevo.

I watched all possible footy shows last night to see if the "experts" were able to come up with logical solutions to Collingwood's lack of wins at the moment. Nup, nothing that leapt out at me as being viable at this exact point in time. None of these experts suggested any improvements in "game plan" and "structure" that could turn things immediately.

About the most sensible notion that received air play IMHO was strangely enough from Carro, who talked about the Richmond approach - a full review of the WHOLE football department at the end of the season. The same approach that was conducted in Mark Thompson's tenure at Geelong that ultimately resulted in premierships.

judd commented on the rule changes affecting collingwood, freo and richmond the most given their lack of foot skills and different styles of play. while i agree with this i also have said i thought we had recruited to cater for a more free flowing game but may have been caught on the hop on how quickly the game changed. i still don't think the pace will be maintained.

Yeah, that was one of the more interesting things Judd had to say! Wink Fewer boundary throw-ins means less opportunity to win the ball out of the packs, which we were generally good at last season.

I was waiting for someone to say something definitive - "this is what they need to at the Pies to turn their form around", but nothing came forth. So it seems that no-one knows! Crying or Very sad It's got to be the biggest challenge that Bucks has ever faced in footy and would be no different were anyone else put in his place instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: