Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
You're indulging in conspiracy theories now, Daz...? Wink

It's a quiet week.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:44 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
slangman wrote:
Time for the Caff to return to where he started. Replacing Blair as the forward crumber.
Our small forward setup has been pitiful the last few years. At least Caff knows how to kick goals.
Not overly quick but can read the play and be damaging on the scoreboard.

besides, couldnt be less effective than Blair.

Bring back the Caff!!!!!

I was seduced like you by all his best on ground performances in the VFL until I saw him perform against Richmond. He really has lost a yard in pace and his kicking which has never been that good, hasn't improved either. He was serviceable against Richmond, but that's all. I was more impressed by Goodyear and Wills, who I think deserve games ahead of the Caff.

Agree, Caff is still behind a couple for senior selection and that won't improve with Faz, Barry, Moore and Broomy close to returning.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:27 pm

I think the Blair talk needs to stop... But it probably wont. He is averaging more kicks, handballs and tackles than his career averages. He is only averaging 0.5 goals per game this year which is slightly down from 0.8 goals per game as his career average. He's also received 23 free kicks, due to being a midget... Which is likely to give us shots at goal in dangerous areas of the ground.
----------
------------
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:53 am

mackasmatt wrote:
I think the Blair talk needs to stop... But it probably wont. He is averaging more kicks, handballs and tackles than his career averages. He is only averaging 0.5 goals per game this year which is slightly down from 0.8 goals per game as his career average. He's also received 23 free kicks, due to being a midget... Which is likely to give us shots at goal in dangerous areas of the ground.

He has been missing those free kick set shots of late

think better 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:59 am

jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

It's a quiet week.

He could be an ASIO plant!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:22 am

mackasmatt wrote:

Has anybody been checking the personal stats of all our players this year. One of those I checked was Blair. His goals are down, but almost every other stat is up including tackles, kicking efficiency and possessions. I also checked out De Goey's stats. I didn't think he was going too well this year, but his stats show improvement in possessions, kicking efficiency and meters gained. Most of our other senior players have improved as well in possessions, kicking efficiency and meters gained. The only thing down apart from a couple is goals kicked. So while the players are getting better individually, the team is winning fewer games than last year. That to me is scary because it shows that the competition has got better since last year and we're failing to keep up. Don't know if the interchange rule changes, or different umpiring interpretations, is having an effect. I guess we must all be scratching our heads trying to figure out how to get better starting with Carlton on Saturday night. But the competition seems to be tougher this year and we have to keep up with it.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:46 am

mackasmatt wrote:

Has anybody been checking the personal stats of all our players this year. One of those I checked was Blair. His goals are down, but almost every other stat is up including tackles, kicking efficiency and possessions. I also checked out De Goey's stats. I didn't think he was going too well this year, but his stats show improvement in possessions, kicking efficiency and meters gained. Most of our other senior players have improved as well in possessions, kicking efficiency and meters gained. The only thing down apart from a couple is goals kicked. So while the players are getting better individually, the team is winning fewer games than last year. That to me is scary because it shows that the competition has got better since last year and we're failing to keep up. Don't know if the interchange rule changes, or different umpiring interpretations, is having an effect. I guess we must all be scratching our heads trying to figure out how to get better starting with Carlton on Saturday night. But the competition seems to be tougher this year and we have to keep up with it.

Maybe the results can't be compared on apples v apples basis. If we had our best 22 on the park, or at least Swanny, Elliot and Faz there week on week, and they had each been improving on last year, then we would be a lot closer to the upper part of the ladder. Instead our individuals might be improving but they may be starting from a lower base due to the fact they haven't been in the system long.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:22 am

Moore to resume (if fit) in the seconds, then (if everyone is fit) replaces Cloke, who has lost too much pace and makes our forward line too static. He has one last chance this week to show that he has a place in our best side. I don't care how many goals he kicks or doesn't kick, he has to show that he can play modern, fast-paced football.

Out: Aish (did nothing)
In: Aish (might do something, worth a try)

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:10 pm

Tannin wrote:
Moore to resume (if fit) in the seconds, then (if everyone is fit) replaces Cloke, who has lost too much pace and makes our forward line too static. He has one last chance this week to show that he has a place in our best side. I don't care how many goals he kicks or doesn't kick, he has to show that he can play modern, fast-paced football.

Out: Aish (did nothing)
In: Aish (might do something, worth a try)

Laughing Laughing

How you goin' there, still huddled & shivering around the fire, with a thin blanket covering your head while drinking bad coffee? Or am I mixing you up with TV images of the outdoors?

If we lose twice why should Cloke go? What about the Coach? They tell me Iceland had a good football coach. We need to think outside the square.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Tea, brother Tully, always tea. (See my handle!)

Coffee is the spawn of the devil. Evil, corrosive stuff, second only to the muck on the inside of a Carlton player's jockstrap (or whatever frilly lace thing it is that Carlton players wear).

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:41 pm

You don't know the power of the darkside.

Puts on "Shout At The Nescaf", by Mtley Brw and raises his hands in salute.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:01 pm

think better wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

It's a quiet week.

We know where you live!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:04 pm

didick wrote:
mackasmatt wrote:

Maybe the results can't be compared on apples v apples basis. If we had our best 22 on the park, or at least Swanny, Elliot and Faz there week on week, and they had each been improving on last year, then we would be a lot closer to the upper part of the ladder. Instead our individuals might be improving but they may be starting from a lower base due to the fact they haven't been in the system long.

Yep, this. I see the improved performance of those players filling the void created by injuries as a positive but more often than not it still isn't going to replace the output of a Swan or an Elliott.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:18 pm

jackcass wrote:
think better wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

It's a quiet week.

We know where you live!

I've been preaching conspiracy the role for a while now from Archamedes all the way to Neil Armstrong connecting the dots.
I didn't even get to the alien probes (not the ones Dyso ordered online) the ones of surprise
Then there's the timing of the election on the same day we play the scum again you think this was just coincidental ?
Don't get me started on the gypsy curse put on us years ago after Eddie called out the AFL about being happy to see Collingwood go broke years earlier but happy to prop up so many other clubs
There's just to many factors working against us right now

I have so many unanswered questions as well
Why after all this time has no one been able to find there way to Sesame Street
Why doesn't Dora just use google maps ?
When you put your 2c worth in but it's only a penny for your thoughts where's the other penny going ?
Why do they sterilise needles used for lethal injections ?
Why is lemon juice made from artificial flavours yet dish washing liquid is made from real lemons ?
And who let the dogs out ?
And what exactly is Victoria's secret by the clothes they wear there's not much to hide ?
Can a hearse carrying a corpse use the car pool lane ?
Why don't we see the headline "pyschic wins lotto again" ?
Why can't woman put on mascara with there mouth closed ?
There are just so many unanswered questions and Collingwood seem to be central to most of them
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:55 pm

jackcass wrote:
think better wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

It's a quiet week.

We know where you live!

speaking of spies, one of mine (whom i shall refer to as hymie) is reasonably confident sosos will not be named in the afl side this week. given the lack of hysteria to date it seems on the money.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: