Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rumour (now a REPORT): Jordan DeGoey set to re-sign

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports that Saints and Noth have Offered him a Million a Dollar a Season Deal for 5 Years

https://twitter.com/agerealfooty/status/1011821148705734656

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:26 pm

Well, that’s close to impossible to refuse, isn’t it?

Ah well, if he accepts it, he’ll accept it knowing he’ll be playing at Etihad most weeks in front of sub-$20K crowds.

A ridiculous amount for a player who’s played about 5-10 good, impactful games of AFL football.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:27 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Reports that Saints and Noth have Offered him a Million a Dollar a Season Deal for 5 Years

https://twitter.com/agerealfooty/status/1011821148705734656

He’ll go. He has too, never mind if he owes us or not. Our offer won’t be near that. How do they get the trade done?

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 pm

If he goes, makes the uncertainty of the Treloar injury a double (w)hammy.

From Treloar and DeGoey to possibly neither depending on Treloar’s recovery and/or reoccurrence.

Ah, the life of a Collingwood supporter. A revolving door of much crap.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:32 pm

I would laugh though if he stayed. Norf 0/3, who would want to go there!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:40 pm

If I was De Goey I would seriously consider the offer. A million a year for five years is a ridiculous amount of money for a player of his worth. I wonder what Peter Wright is worth by comparison because he's the one we overlooked to draft De Goey and many criticised the decision to draft De Goey at the time. If De Goey wants to go and I'm sure he doesn't, we should off load him to St Kilda for their first and second draft pick. The compensation we would get for him will net us another Stephenson type player in this year's super draft and then St Kilda can do the worrying about staying under their salary cap for their next five years. As I said I would have no issue with De Goey leaving for that sort of money. If it's North or St Kilda it will be another regrettable action similar to Carlton with Daisy, that they will regret with time.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:48 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
... The compensation we would get for him will net us another Stephenson type player in this year's super draft and then St Kilda can do the worrying about staying under their salary cap for their next five years. ...

There is only one Stephenson-type player. Wink
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:50 pm

^Why would the Saints have trouble with their salary cap? Who else would be on big money there? Webster, Stephen, Gresham????
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:50 pm

It would suck if he goes but hard to knock the kid if he can't turn down an extra 3-400k a year for 5 years.

St Kilda would be who I'd deal with and they'd better be coughing up 2 first rounders + steak knives.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:36 pm

What’s important amongst the all the mechanations in this, is the timeline on the decision, if it’s to be that he wants out.
You don’t want this dragging out because it only clouds how we choose to distribute his budgeted contract elsewhere.
It doesn’t matter when the public hear but if he is going, then he should tell the club sooner than later, so we can at least get on with chasing other players before they make destination decisions.
I would think you want him going to North, not St Kilda. The Saints could yet finish third from the bottom and you don’t want them having any trade leverage by saying “ well if you don’t accept our trade offer, we will just take him in the preseason draft “ ( I know it doesn’t happen often but it hinders maximising your return )
North don’t have that leverage because they know the Saints are before them in the P S draft. They would be concerned that the Saints could match the price DeGoey puts on his head.
Well, that’s the theory anyway.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:45 pm

FWIW (not much I grant you), I reckon whatever he is offered by North, he will stay at Collingwood for about 20 % less. If that means we have to pay him $800,000 pa, so be it, even at the expense of letting Moore go to Sydney. What is clear now, is that the improvement in Cox means we no longer need to spend a fortune on a player like Lynch. This then allows us to spend our dosh retaining the talent we already have.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Reports today of a Norf 5yr $5m godfather offer.

What would we want back from Norf to do the deal?

I think we have a reasonable hand in that he clearly won't refuse to play for us if a reasonable deal can't be done.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-26/indicative-draft-order-round-14-edition

Norf: Pick 11 and 29 which most would see as a low return would not be the end of the world as we would end up with 11, 15, 29, 51 and 53. Otherwise could be pick 11 and a future 1st or player.

Cal Twomey has Quaynor ranked at 13 (matching a bid) in his mock draft. If that is accurate we would be a chance to use picks 11 and 15 in a super draft and pay for Quaynor and Kelly with subsequent picks.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/25/twomeys-first-round-afl-mock-draft/

Aints: have pick 3 and then 57. Even with a super draft, they would need a player or to trade up for a second pick you would think.

De Goey's best has been very good, but he has hardly been consistent. Offer his value (to Collingwood) and if he wants to leave then maximise trade return whether that be from Norf or elsewhere.

Could end up as another Beams-type trade - the win you didn't realise you wanted.

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:02 pm; edited 8 times in total
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:11 pm

What are North prepared to give up for him is the question.

Two first round picks - the price of Treloar.

Luke Davies-Uniake and a first round pick ??? just about do that with the cap relief that comes with it.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:44 pm

JdG is worth 2 top 10 draft picks at least.
You can get a 2018 top draft pick and then a next years top draft pick. Make sure you don't pick a team who does a 2017 tiger improvement...12 to 1st.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Problem is, we’re just about beguile to win NOW (2019-20) wit His pendles on his last year’s, and a senior forward in Lynch a possibility. Losing JDG, who is ready to peak next year and the year after, and gaining 1 or 2 18 year olds won’t help us. The loss of Treloar even worsens the situation if he can’t get back on the park with regularity.

We need a ready made player. JDG is THAT player.

2 x B graders do not make 1 x A grader. B graders don’t tear games apart and are not match winners.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14   

Jump to: