Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why all this negativity? I am proud of the way the boys competed until the last 10 minutes in a game we were never expected to win. Well played boys, hard luck in not winning.

Just think at the start of the season - most of us didn't even expect us to make the 8 let alone top 4. Our time is coming, just have to get through fire to mold our destiny.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
The is a very bad loss. Never should have lost that game. We absolutely froze in the last 5 minutes and that is extremely worrying. Great sides DO NOT wilt like that. It happened very quickly. We went from dominating and controlling the game and looking strong (yet not ultimately converting enough) to folding our hand as soon as the Eagles raised their bet. Our midfield stopped dead and became spectators. I blame Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, DeGoey, WHE, Sier, Cox, Adams, Thomas & Phillips (the entire midfield group) for that loss...they all went missing as a collective when they needed to stand tall. Plus, the Eagles played the whole game a man down and we still could not capitalize. Still only one win for the season against top 8 sides. Very disappointed in Cox who didn't do much at all, barely even gave our ground force supply let alone take a mark. DeGoey kicked a couple of goals but was very underwhelming. Pendles was not physical enough IMO. A boy we wasted so many chances as we do so often in big games like this. We are just not ready, simple as that. Next week will not be easy against the GWS. I still can't believe we lost that game the way we did. Someone wake me up.

To be fair the Umps gave the pricks the fuking earth, did not miss a beat for the eagles. that had a lot to do with it too.

I saw frees tonight that I'd never seen before!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:15 pm

I can understand the gut-wrenching disappointment that many feel. I do too.

Yet, I am so very proud of our boys. To a man, they played their hearts out.
As someone mentioned, had Varcs not slipped when running into the forward 50, the story may have been a lot different.
I reckon if that game had been played at the G and we had the benefit of a roaring pro-crowd, as the Eagles did, we would've won. It's a big home advantage they had there.
Please don't hang the sh*t on any of our players, especially Mayne. He kept a much bigger opponent in McGovern out of the game for three quarters.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
[quote="Monco Matt"]The is a very bad loss. Never should have lost that game. We absolutely froze in the last 5 minutes and that is extremely worrying. Great sides DO NOT wilt like that. It happened very quickly. We went from dominating and controlling the game and looking strong (yet not ultimately converting enough) to folding our hand as soon as the Eagles raised their bet. Our midfield stopped dead and became spectators. I blame Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, DeGoey, WHE, Sier, Cox, Adams, Thomas & Phillips (the entire midfield group) for that loss...they all went missing as a collective when they needed to stand tall. Plus, the Eagles played the whole game a man down and we still could not capitalize. Still only one win for the season against top 8 sides. Very disappointed in Cox who didn't do much at all, barely even gave our ground force supply let alone take a mark. DeGoey kicked a couple of goals but was very underwhelming. Pendles was not physical enough IMO. A boy we wasted so many chances as we do so often in big games like this. We are just not ready, simple as that. Next week will not be easy against the GWS. I still can't believe we lost that game the way we did. Someone wake me up.[/quote]

To be fair the Umps gave the pricks the fuking earth, did not miss a beat for the eagles. that had a lot to do with it too.
Somewhat. I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps next time I can do better.
MacPies90 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:16 pm

I have never seen a greater scumps stitch up in a finals game. But take it to the bank, we will destroy the Giants next week, beat the Tigers in a prelim for the ages, and destroy these weak scumbags when they have to play us on a real ground without tonight’s scumpires! Because they sure as hell won’t be there.
lanstro 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:17 pm

Chin up everyone, we're still alive and all the guys back from injuries came through unscathed. Home final next, bring it on!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:18 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
The is a very bad loss. Never should have lost that game. We absolutely froze in the last 5 minutes and that is extremely worrying. Great sides DO NOT wilt like that. It happened very quickly. We went from dominating and controlling the game and looking strong (yet not ultimately converting enough) to folding our hand as soon as the Eagles raised their bet. Our midfield stopped dead and became spectators. I blame Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, DeGoey, WHE, Sier, Cox, Adams, Thomas & Phillips (the entire midfield group) for that loss...they all went missing as a collective when they needed to stand tall. Plus, the Eagles played the whole game a man down and we still could not capitalize. Still only one win for the season against top 8 sides. Very disappointed in Cox who didn't do much at all, barely even gave our ground force supply let alone take a mark. DeGoey kicked a couple of goals but was very underwhelming. Pendles was not physical enough IMO. A boy we wasted so many chances as we do so often in big games like this. We are just not ready, simple as that. Next week will not be easy against the GWS. I still can't believe we lost that game the way we did. Someone wake me up.

You need to relax ombré ..... Was a tremendous effort in the west. I loved that game. Watch this space .......pies will do the dance. No one kills us

Yes, I have no doubt we will beat the Giants next week, if we bring the same effort and intensity we showed tonight, its at the G, we are in a filthy mood, redemption, and their Kelly is out, and some of our injured guys will be a lot better for the run. we will NOT go out in straight sets, no way known. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:18 pm

SwansWay wrote:
[quote="HAL"][quote="Piesnchess"][quote="Monco Matt"]The is a very bad loss. Never should have lost that game. We absolutely froze in the last 5 minutes and that is extremely worrying. Great sides DO NOT wilt like that. It happened very quickly. We went from dominating and controlling the game and looking strong (yet not ultimately converting enough) to folding our hand as soon as the Eagles raised their bet. Our midfield stopped dead and became spectators. I blame Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, DeGoey, WHE, Sier, Cox, Adams, Thomas & Phillips (the entire midfield group) for that loss...they all went missing as a collective when they needed to stand tall. Plus, the Eagles played the whole game a man down and we still could not capitalize. Still only one win for the season against top 8 sides. Very disappointed in Cox who didn't do much at all, barely even gave our ground force supply let alone take a mark. DeGoey kicked a couple of goals but was very underwhelming. Pendles was not physical enough IMO. A boy we wasted so many chances as we do so often in big games like this. We are just not ready, simple as that. Next week will not be easy against the GWS. I still can't believe we lost that game the way we did. Someone wake me up.[/quote]

To be fair the Umps gave the pricks the fuking earth, did not miss a beat for the eagles. that had a lot to do with it too.[/quote]Somewhat. I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps next time I can do better.[/quote]

Please shut this HAL switch off for tonight. Seriously annoying!!
Not really that much. I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps next time I can do better.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:19 pm

When Adams got concussed, I thought it was over then. Really changed things.
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:19 pm

As much as our midfield dominance got us back in the game and in the lead - that was also our downfall in the 4th Qtr. We got smashed in the middle, in contested ball and as a result lost the territory battle

On the positive side - Sier was great considering it was his first final. Goldie & Adz were great considering it was their first game back.

Looking for Pendles, Howe, Cox, Grundy, WHE, JDG to lift next week.

Last edited by PiesFan on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sensible Jay 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:20 pm

I actually thought we had the better of the midfield battle. True, the Weagles got the better of it in the last couple of minutes but by then it was game over.
Pep wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
The is a very bad loss. Never should have lost that game. We absolutely froze in the last 5 minutes and that is extremely worrying. Great sides DO NOT wilt like that. It happened very quickly. We went from dominating and controlling the game and looking strong (yet not ultimately converting enough) to folding our hand as soon as the Eagles raised their bet. Our midfield stopped dead and became spectators. I blame Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, DeGoey, WHE, Sier, Cox, Adams, Thomas & Phillips (the entire midfield group) for that loss...they all went missing as a collective when they needed to stand tall. Plus, the Eagles played the whole game a man down and we still could not capitalize. Still only one win for the season against top 8 sides. Very disappointed in Cox who didn't do much at all, barely even gave our ground force supply let alone take a mark. DeGoey kicked a couple of goals but was very underwhelming. Pendles was not physical enough IMO. A boy we wasted so many chances as we do so often in big games like this. We are just not ready, simple as that. Next week will not be easy against the GWS. I still can't believe we lost that game the way we did. Someone wake
me up.

They killed our midfield again!! Grundy with all the hit outs and Dom Sheed... Dom Sheed kills us in the clearances!! Very frustrating... We lacked composure, especially in defence.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

Cam wrote:

It seems he is the barometer for the team now.

SwansWay 

So the AFL schedule us as the last game of the finals, chances are we lose (and lose we did) and have to play one of the Sydney sides on a shorter break. Coincidence? Think the AFL would do anything for the AFL Giants to have every advantage.
Pep 

Cam wrote:

I’m pretty sure with the free kick we got, they rebounded and got a goal, I feel that that scored much easier than what we did... im confident that we will beat gws next week, they play the G horribly.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:21 pm

lanstro wrote:
Chin up everyone, we're still alive and all the guys back from injuries came through unscathed. Home final next, bring it on!

Goldy obviously tired as the game went on, but his was an absolute lion-hearted effort. Who would've thought he could have stood up as he did, after missing the whole season. He'll be better for the run and his nouse and experience will be invaluable next week.

Likewise for Treloar and Howie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 7 of 18   

Jump to: