Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. Pies pipped in GF thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I’d say 15/46 or whatever it is is the very definition of Colliwobbles.

Crap. Numbers don't tell the true tale. A lot of those lost GF, like today, it was only the Collingwood spirit that got us there in the first place!!!!

I am so proud of a club that can make GF's when they're not expected to. Sure as hell don't want to rubbish them for that.

It's not the players fault. As you said, they did brilliantly to make the GF.

The fault is something else. There is truth in the curse of Collingwood.

There's no curse ,except that we make the GF simply out of G and D when physically and talent wise, we shouldn't. Get over these superstitions!! We should be proud that our club gets there against all the odds. For example, Tom Langdon played like a McGovern today and does he get any credit for that??? No, it's just the non-existent Colliewobbles to blame.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:12 pm

35reasons wrote:
Clearly we’re all gutted, but we were beaten by the big bodies of the Eagles who negated our key strength: the midfield - Pendles, Grundy and Sidebottom all needed to make a more significant contribution on the day.

Blaming the umps is just wasted energy. In any game that’s decided by less than a kick, you could point to any number of ‘sliding doors moments’ that would have changed the result.

Great GF, and more importantly an even better season. Our premiership window is well and truly open, and one or two gun recruits along with players returning from injury (how differently might today have gone if Dunn or Wells played?) should see us win a flag in the next year or two.

There’s nothing bu upside once we realise that the sun will come up tomorrow.

Looking forward to 2019. Go ‘Pies!!

This is the bit that purely speculation. I am sure Sydney said the same in 2016 and Adelaide in 2017. Even the premiers, Dogs and Tigers couldn't improve.

It's shattering because we had our chance and didn't take it AGAIN. 27 times, we've failed to take our chance.
5 from the wing on debut 

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Gawd there are some bloody dumb comments here!

Yup. I get people venting but seriously, just go outside and hit yourself in the head with a brick repeatedly and spare us all the insight into your tiny mind.

For me, I'm upset that we lost but proud of how we played out the season and the 4 quarters of the last game of the year. We were in it up to our necks until the last 2 minutes. I fkn hate losing grand finals, I've seen too many of them, but these boys weren't disgraced, they should be celebrated.

At the start of this year, no one had us playing off in the GF, but we did. You'd have to be a seriously hard marker or a total flog to not consider this season to be a success. yeah, we failed at the final hurdle, but we should never have been there, The fact that we were is reason to celebrate.

And no, I'm not celebrating mediocrity, there was nothing mediocre about this season or our effort today. It was fkn brilliant.

If losing today makes some people want to walk away, good. Door, arse, way out, far cough.

I'm sticking with them because there's the makings of a damn good team here, and I'm on the ride with them.

It was a much better season than anyone expected but we were playing a team in the same position. Like us, they were at best expected by most to be a mid ranking team and they were also an injury depleted team. Walls even tipped them to win the wooden spoon, which they haven’t let him forget

Last edited by 5 from the wing on debut on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
masoncox 

masoncox

Wonder about Pendles.
I wonder whether it was an injury or just father time.
He was ordinary today.
What can you do????
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:13 pm

There’s no way we make the 8 this year. No way. Sack the coach.

Cox is useless. Get rid of him.

Mayne is useless. Drop him.

Ok, so we made the 8. We won’t win a final. We can’t beat teams in the 8.

Ok, so we won a final, and Mayne was alright. But there’s no way we’ll beat Richmond. Zero chance. It’s not possible.

Ok, so we slapped Richmond, and Cox was awesome. We better damn well win the GF!

We lost the GF. WE’RE CUUUURRRRRRSSSSEEEEDD!!!

^ Do I have those arguments about right? What a crock. Do they look as ridiculous to you as they do to m

We vastly outperformed ourselves this year, which is a stunning credit to an excellent coach, a solid structure and a spirited group of players who put their best on the field each week. Congrats, Pies. Proud of you!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:14 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I’d say 15/46 or whatever it is is the very definition of Colliwobbles.

Crap. Numbers don't tell the true tale. A lot of those lost GF, like today, it was only the Collingwood spirit that got us there in the first place!!!!

I am so proud of a club that can make GF's when they're not expected to. Sure as hell don't want to rubbish them for that.

It's not the players fault. As you said, they did brilliantly to make the GF.

The fault is something else. There is truth in the curse of Collingwood.

There's no curse ,except that we make the GF simply out of G and D when physically and talent wise, we shouldn't. Get over these superstitions!! We should be proud that our club gets there against all the odds. For example, Tom Langdon played like a McGovern today and does he get any credit for that??? No, it's just the non-existent Colliewobbles to blame.

Elephant in the room that you chose to ignore and it keeps taking a massive shit on you.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:15 pm

They played us three times this year, twice on “our” ground, and won every time. They’re just a bit better than us and it is no disgrace to just lose to a very strong side. It is painful when it’s so hard to even get to the GF, but I had a lot more joy from this season than any Carlton supporter did. Bring on 2019, and let’s get some bigger bodies into this side.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:17 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Fact is we weren’t good enough today

I think this is where you are missing the point entirely Eddie. We weren't able to stand up to the Eagles better quality players in the end. There is absolutely no shame in that, because it wasn't as if we didn't give it our all. That's what happens sometimes in footy and it happened today.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:18 pm

If fatty McGovern hadn't taken that towering mark in the last two minutes,then we probably would have won,so that's how close it was.If we had won it,it would have been one of the greatest coaching efforts of all time,because our goal to goal line would be one of the worst in the competition.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Pretender 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:19 pm

When do we steal one?
When do we get lucky and win by a kick?

Never
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:20 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Fact is we weren’t good enough today

I think this is where you are missing the point entirely Eddie. We weren't able to stand up to the Eagles better quality players in the end. There is absolutely no shame in that, because it wasn't as if we didn't give it our all. That's what happens sometimes in footy and it happened today.

They were poor. They did their best to outchoke Collingwood but they weren’t quite as good as Collingwood at the death, when it counted.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

Not anywhere near good enough. Outside of the first quarter when the Eagles were asleep we were comprehensively controlled all day.

All credit to the Eagles, they killed us. They should have won by 5 or 6 goals, absolutely dominated the air, stifled our run and the way they continually locked the ball around their attacking 50 was convincing.

Our leaders for whatever reason just did not impact the game at all. We looked like we could maybe have held on but no way in hell were we the better side.

This hurts in a bad way because they won the game inside the last 2 minutes and we just did could not finish over the top of them for the 3rd time this season.

The Eagles are the premier side for 2018, and as we are all well accustomed to we are the bridesmaids...for the 27th time or 28th...lost count. At least this is an AFL record we will never lose. Sorry...my emotions are still a bit high, I'm only half way into this bottle of red.

We had a great season, knocked off the Tigers in the Prelim and got beaten easily by a side who was able to nullify our strengths and exposes our airial weaknesses, and boy oh boy did they exposes us.

I was shattered when the final siren went but I could see this game unravelling the moment they scored their first goal when Langdon did not knock the ball through for a point (it was a momentum killer for us). This got them rolling and we were just holding on from there.

You feel so helpless watching it happen slowly for 3 qtrs. I thought maybe, just maybe we could get the game back when De Goey kicked that great running goal in the last quarter, but is was all just counter punching, we had no weight behind us, they were too big, too experienced and at the end of the day their 2015 GF pain drove them harder. I have not watched anything on TV since the final siren but if Luke Shuey doesn't or didn't win the Norm Smith it is an injustice as he led them powerfully and was the supreme leader today.

Footy hurts sometimes, but right now I'm just going to get very, very drunk and avoid as much media as possible. Thanks to all my friends and family for not rubbing it in...at least give me a few days.

It is so hard to get here you just gotta take these opportunities. Maybe it's better for a young group to feel the pain of losing one...time will tell.

We'll be back!

MONCO: Your life.
Streak Pisces

What'sinaname wrote:
It's shattering because we had our chance and didn't take it AGAIN. 27 times, we've failed to take our chance.

The current playing and coaching group does not have to explain 150 years of club history. They can only kick the ass that’s in front of them.
What'sinaname Libra

Against Richmond, we lowered our eyes and kicked to leading forwards. Against WCE, we kicked to the advantage of their talls.

McGovern and Barrass ate it up all day.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

I went to the Grand final today. By myself. Got a ticket in the ballot. My three adult kids went to the live site cos they didn’t have a ticket. now I’m sitting in a very quiet Lilydale train heading home. Had a seat in the nosebleeds but chose to stand instead. Stood with several others in the same boat. Also with a lovely family. Two adult girls who are mad Pies and their dad and brother who were there supporting them. Both barracked for other teams but they were barracking as loud for the Pies as anyone. I am very grateful to everyone I stood with today. We just about shared something very special. For two hours today we were all like family. Following Collingwood is a curse at times. There’s no doubt about that. To everyone on here who’s venting; get it out of your system and then get back on board. I can only imagine how the players who all played their guts out today are feeling. Today was so stressful. Would I change being a Collingwood supporter. Not on your life. Football is a game. I wake up tomorrow and life goes on. Footy seasons over now, but I’m still Collingwood proud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 7 of 31   

Jump to: