Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Introducing the Greatest midfield the AFL has ever seen.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My boy Aish name cropped up in this discussion and I ponder his retention in the best of our future

First saw him as I spent a Sunday in 2013 at an Adelaide pub —it was SAFL
Grand Final — he got BOG in Norwood flag side (at 16 he played the previous Norwood flag kicking the goal of the game) this done playing against men

Making 2012 & 3 SAFL all Australia status. Youngest in 134 yrs

Enough history and with the potential for Pendlebury to move potentially to a HB and the wings covered by Mayne and Phillips possibly

Where does my boy fit in the grand plan—-he has the talent

TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:19 pm

BazBoy,

Regarding Aish, go to page 4 and look at my first post. Im not worried where everybody fits in, we cant make everyone happy. Priority number 1 is to win the flag, you dont win flags picking players with potential.

Aish, Phillips, Sier all have great futures. But they are not in our best 18 when your consider all scenario and options.

The way i see it, Pendlebury should move to Half-back :

Pendlebury - Aish as depth

Adams should take Centre:

Adams - Wells as depth

Sidebottom should take wing:

Sidebottom - Phillips as depth

Beams takes Siers place:

Beams - Sier as depth

Last edited by TaylorMade on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 pm

TaylorMade wrote:
5 from the wing on debut,

I'd rather not continue with Grundy topic, you should realise by now how silly that comment was...

One more point, because Phillips finished 6th on our best and fairest, does that suggest he is better and more important than Jordan DeGoey who finished 8th?

Does that mean the club rates him higher than JDG??

Your funny, i never said Phillips was elite, far FAR from it

Regarding what you said about Westbrook only caring about himself. He has the highest number of assists in the NBA

Try talk your way out of that one mate lol

That was just of the top of my head, upon further inspection, Westbrook averages 3 more assists than Simmons per game... which is funny if u consider Simmons is surrounded by elite shooters 3-4 of them. Russel Westbrook plays with only 1 elite shooter ( Paul George )

Go on, continue, I would like to know what you think on the Grundy point. My comment wasn't silly at all, unless you use the word silly as a synonym for accurate.

As for deGoey, he is probably my favourite player, and one with an X factor. He looks like he is going to burst through to reach the elite level. He can play in the midfield but is probably unlikely to as he is a far better forward than any of the midfielders are as forwards. deGoey is more important than Phillips. Midfielders are a dime a dozen. Good forwards aren't. Having said that, Phillips is a good midfielder. From memory he was the 5th or 6th for disposals in the competition last season.

As for Westbrook, this isn't the place to go through it in detail, but almost every play runs through him. It seems to be the view of ex team mates of Westbrook's that he plays to suit himself, not his team.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 pm

When player like Aish , Phillips and Sier are not in the 18 which I tend to differ from your assessment it endorses mine

The rich,s we have to tackle flag 16

TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Spot on Baz,

Last edited by TaylorMade on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Grundy is the leauges premier ruckmen. He is obviously the one player that doesnt need to play multiplue positions to earn himself a spot in the team. Did i really need to explain that to you? Every other person can play a 2nd or 3rd position. Phillips cant. Phillips can only play Left Wing and that may be the reason he looses his spot..

I was a professional Basketballer, do not believe what other people say about Westbrook. I'd imagine your talking about what Harden and Durant said? LOL, the 2 biggest shooting hogs going around? Mate, Westbrook is the supreme playmaker in the competition and one of the all-time best at that. Yes everything goes threw him because he is that good. Just like everything goes threw Lebron James, Westbrook ability to attack the rim in a diversion play and find open shooters is second to none...

Last edited by TaylorMade on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Aish will be 24 in Nov and Phillip and Sier even younger my hope is that if classed (and used ) as depth players these kids might seek a side where they are regulars

The old “homesick” card at times comes out of the deck so Aish in particular could well if feeling undervalued play that card

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Aish will be 24 in Nov and Phillip and Sier even younger my hope is that if classed (and used ) as depth players these kids might seek a side where they are regulars

The old “homesick” card at times comes out of the deck so Aish in particular could well if feeling undervalued play that card

TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Baz,

Thats up to them mate. Were not building for the future. Were aiming for a dynasty.

If Geelong can win a flag after loosing Ablett Jr, then i wouldnt be too concerned about loosing Phillips or Aish.

Sier, is one we cant loose though

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:53 pm

TaylorMade wrote:

Grundy is the leauges premier ruckmen. He is obviously the one player that doesnt need to play multiplue positions to earn himself a spot in the team. Did i really need to explain that to you? Every other person can play a 2nd or 3rd position. Phillips cant. Phillips can only play Left Wing and that may be the reason he looses his spot..

I was a professional Basketballer, do not believe what other people say about Westbrook. I'd imagine your talking about what Harden and Durant said? LOL, the 2 biggest shooting hogs going around? Mate, Westbrook is the supreme playmaker in the competition and one of the all-time best at that. Yes everything goes threw him because he is that good. Just like everything goes threw Lebron James, Westbrook ability to attack the rim in a diversion play and find open shooters is second to none...

You don't need to explain that to me about Grundy as what you have done is to adopt my argument and then treat it as your own!

What league did you play in as a professional basketballer?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Without doubt, Phillips is a very good player and one whose stocks are rising.

However, with the depth and quality of our midfield/followers brigade, particularly with the emergence of Sier and the addition of Beams, Phillips can certainly not be an automatic selection imo. He'd be no Robinson Crusoe there either - as I reckon possibly only 10-12 players would be automatic selections. He's likely still in our best 22, but not a certainty. I suspect also, that if Elliott forces his way back into the team, this may push Stephenson into more of a wing/high forward role, thus creating even more competition for the wing position.

All in all, we can each pick who we think are our best players for each position, but only time will tell who performs, who is injured and who wants it more. One thing for sure, we have more quality depth in our squad than I can ever remember. It's only February ffs, but so far so good. Bring it on.
TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:02 pm

^

5 from the wing,

No, You picked Grundy as a player who cant play multiplue position's to suit your argument. Its obvious that Grundy should never have been discussed in the first place. Grundy is automatic 1st pick in our 18.

My point was, everyone else better have another area they are able to rotate threw. Which Buckley has openly stated! Because i have not seen a Collingwood side with better depth than ever before. Phillips ( at the moment ) can only play left-wing!

Am i correct in saying that?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 pm

TM the future and a dynasty are intertwined—-on a dynasty since mid 2000 dynasty of a kind had happened (2007 -9 - 11 and 13-14-15) Cats and Hawks this was in part achieved by minimal player movement

In Guy we have a man astute in contract management but he can offer time and money only

Yep it is up to the player who will be the future ove the next decade to seek what’s important to them

Be part of the rise and rise of Collingwood or join a Fasolo or Witts

TaylorMade 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Great points you make RudeBoy,

Bring on the pre-season...

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:28 pm

AFL Live had Bucks answer fans questions and one fan asked a question that fits this post
Fan:: How will you handle Beams in midfield

Bucks :: We May send a midfielder forward at times OR rotate them to have them always fresh

From the man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 7 of 33   

Jump to: