Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Eagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Weagles just too talented in all departments and very disciplined in keeping their shape around the contested ball.
Having said that, the margin of their win was due to the atrocious, inconsistent umpiring at crucial stages when we had got a little momentum going.

That's what pees me off about these atrocious decisions, they occur when we've got real momentum and they kill it. Two 50m shockers (and the second included an atrocious play on call when Ryan had already ran at least 10-15m past the 50m mark without the ump saying boo).

yep.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:53 pm

To K:
I understand why the 6-6-6 was thought to benefit us. With limited no. of players in the centre square, it was thought that it would be easier for Grundy to get the ball to one of our mids. But I thought tonight that we were exposed for speed in the midfield. They got to the chaos ball after the centre bounce more often than us. And, they simply played man on man to cover our mids at the ruck contest, so that generally the ball spilled out at random, and their speed allowed them to seize possession.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
No evidence whatsoever that Geelong is better than us. We should have win that game.Would love a rematch. This game however suggests that WC are the best.They were awesome tonight. We couldn't quite stay with them. I think that their ability at ground level is massive, and i for one had underestimated it. But it is only Round 3, and so much can change from that. Many of our players were down.

we were not great, they got an arm chair ride, 22 points doesnt make them awesome.

Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Nuss wrote:
Long time reader but never post. Can’t blame one player andI’m losthed to hack on our players but I’m not convinced re Mason Cox. May need a stint in the VFL. Pushed off too easy and has zero footy smarts. So frustrating

Agree
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:55 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
We don't keep getting beat by the eagles because of the umpires!!!!

I actually dispute this. We got beat by the umpires in the last game we played.

yep, we didnt lose we just are not allowed to win

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:56 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
To K:
I understand why the 6-6-6 was thought to benefit us. With limited no. of players in the centre square, it was thought that it would be easier for Grundy to get the ball to one of our mids. ...

There is no difference in the number of players in the centre square though, and last year we were smashed in the centre square, only doing okay around the ground. The difference was supposed to be that those teams that won centre clearances (presumably the same teams as in the past) would get more scoreboard value for those clearances, because goals could not be defended.

Last edited by K on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:57 pm

E wrote:
missed a lot of gettable goals. 2 by DeGoey, 2 by Cox, i by Thomas, 1 by Treloar, 1 by Mihocek. Just gotta take your chances against good teams.

Cox mistakes tonight led directly to 3 or 4 missed goals. Simple mark went through his hands at the end, inability to have a plan from 3 metres out on his left, gathers ball but too easily dispossessed. still has a long was to go does Coxy. I love his effort.

Was something wrong with Elliot tonight. or was he just well held?

We seemed to have a few passengers tonight. Elliot, Thomas, Greenwood, Phillips, Stevo. None of these guys would have been happy with their game.

I dont understand how the eagles players are allowed to lay on top of the ball fro 10 seconds when they give away the free kick. Why do we always rush to get the ball back (sometimes to our detriment) and they are allowed to get away with delays of game. Two times in the last when we were still in it, a collingwood player tried to get the ball back and they just laid on top of it. Either there is a rule or there isn't. Either we are getting it back to quickly and need to slow down, or eagles cheat and get away with it.

great post,

an actual analysis

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:00 pm

ronrat wrote:
All this fart arsing about with rules was meant to speed the game up and increase scoring. Yet again tonight (Lions game) we had a 37 minute quarter. There was a 36 on thursday as well. And scoring if anything has gone backwards. It is time to introduce a 20 metre penalty for minor infringements.Ang why wasn't Schey pinged for refusing to give the ball back in the last quarter after he was pinged holding it. Pay that 50 and Phillips is kicking from the goal square and not spraying a point.

not on the scumpires script

Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:01 pm

masoncox wrote:
melliot wrote:
I think we should kick it to McGovern more often.

Clearly we don't do that enough. FFS.

Yep.

Yep
think positive Libra

Side By Side

Raw Hammer wrote:
Not enough cnuts in our team.

No one other than Adams and Maynard preparer to drop a knee or tunnel an opponent. Varcoe is the other, but because of selection hubris two games out of three, Brown was selected over Greenwood and Phillips over Varcoe.

i actually agree with this, it shouldnt come to this but it does,

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

think positive wrote:
ronrat wrote:
All this fart arsing about with rules was meant to speed the game up and increase scoring. Yet again tonight (Lions game) we had a 37 minute quarter. There was a 36 on thursday as well. And scoring if anything has gone backwards. It is time to introduce a 20 metre penalty for minor infringements.Ang why wasn't Schey pinged for refusing to give the ball back in the last quarter after he was pinged holding it. Pay that 50 and Phillips is kicking from the goal square and not spraying a point.

TP, you will get nowhere by blaming the umpires.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
To K:
I understand why the 6-6-6 was thought to benefit us. With limited no. of players in the centre square, it was thought that it would be easier for Grundy to get the ball to one of our mids. But I thought tonight that we were exposed for speed in the midfield. They got to the chaos ball after the centre bounce more often than us. And, they simply played man on man to cover our mids at the ruck contest, so that generally the ball spilled out at random, and their speed allowed them to seize possession.

So MTTM, do you think thumping the ball forward would help occasionally, if it was a set play and the boys were ready for it to happen? I guess it would depend on whether the opposition had a defensive mind set and where the wings were positioned.
Geez, I don't know.... I'm frustrated about this. We have two of the greatest mid-fielders of all time on our coaching panel in Harvey and Bucks. Why can't we fix this?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:10 pm

swoop42 wrote:
For those at the ground where was Phillips primarily lining up?

If it wasn't on the wing Bucks can be shot at dawn.

He's our best two way runner and the wing is the only spot he should be playing.

His lowest possession count since round 8 last season when he only had 45% game time.

Is Stephenson being positioned differently to last season?

Lightly framed, only year 2 let's not get to cute and take him away from what worked so well last season.

to be honest i didnt notice philips that much, i felt for Stevo, i thought he would get a caning here, (i havent read the game thread, im pissed off with the negativity here already!) Stevo needs a bit of cover, hes so slight, hes so $£$%^%%$ talented, we need to protect him, i could knock him over!

he made a couple of silly mistakes, he needs to trust himself but i personally think he is doing too much. I thought maybe pendles was quiet, but it more that we have a more even spread. getting WHE back will be huge, we simply miss hid class. I felt that Treloar was better tonight, put his hand up, for me hes been quiet, im just loving De Goey, trying so hard, earning his dollars. lets not forget though, that these three are still young, they will make errors.

as for did we almost pinch a grand final, that cuts to the core. we bloody deserved to be there, and to win. Wetoast are getting the usual premiership umpire green, we did in 2011. the tigers last year, its always been that way.

we didnt play our best, far from it, new players, new positions, give it time. the question is did they? we allowed them in in defence far too often, someone should always be back, that last one, with Moore was a bloody shocker, he was a mile clear. we are certainly better than the start of last season, and 90 $£$%^%%$ cruel seconds killed us. long way to go. im disappointed tonight. and angry. but not at My team. Go Pies!

Last edited by think positive on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:13 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
think positive wrote:
ronrat wrote:

TP, you will get nowhere by blaming the umpires.

oh i know that, and my hubby just rolled over and told me that too, but its still true

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:20 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
To K:

So MTTM, do you think thumping the ball forward would help occasionally, if it was a set play and the boys were ready for it to happen? I guess it would depend on whether the opposition had a defensive mind set and where the wings were positioned.
Geez, I don't know.... I'm frustrated about this. We have two of the greatest mid-fielders of all time on our coaching panel in Harvey and Bucks. Why can't we fix this?

Yes, exactly right. I think the opposition teams are analysing closely how to suppress our midfield/ruck combo. Grundy played well tonight, but the connection with the midfield was stymied. I am starting to think that we need a dose of speed through the midfield, not brute force. I thought that where we lost the ball most in the midfield was that 50-50 balls, after the physical contest was equal, were then swooped on by the speed of WC mids.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14   

Jump to: