Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, seen that.

Looks like the other Bunnings karen who also haunts pharmacies and has the anti trespassing sign up is fond of the common law principles. The cases quoted including Plenty vs Dillon1991 and Kuru vs State of NSW are high court decisions over trespassing under common law.

Interesting that someone's head can go that scrambled

what is this Karen thing??? why? what did she ever do!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:06 pm

^

Google Kerry nash.

She's the one who went into the bunnings and made a big scene and pulled the same stunt in a pharmacy.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronavirus/melbourne-woman-who-refused-to-wear-mask-films-herself-threatening-to-sue-victoria-police/news-story/ae5393262bae9ed8b8f52426a4cf97c6

Total fruit bat.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:47 pm

And there is another one called Lizzie Rose

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/we-visited-bunnings-antimasker-lizzy-rose-for-an-exorcism/news-story/f53d6b9012fcc954199b4c09c7ee2661

She is a Kerry Nash clone.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:57 pm

but why the name Karen? seems pretty unfair to all the Karens out there!!
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Background to the origins of the Karen meme:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/30/us/karen-meme-trnd/index.html

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/5/21079162/karen-name-insult-meme-manager

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:10 pm

hmm ta for that!!

A Karen divorces her husband and takes the kids, is a pseudoscientist/anti-vaxxer/flat-earther, an MLM participant, an avid user of Facebook to post shitty motivational posts/’Live Laugh Love,’ and more,“ karmacop97 explained to me. “Our Karen in the wild won’t satisfy all of [these attributes], but she can still be a true Karen.”

“She’s the mom in Kroger with her kids asking to speak to the manager,” one Karen, a 29-year-old law student from Oxford, Mississippi, told me in a phone interview. “You do see that basic stereotype sometimes, so it’s kind of funny. It’s a little bit of a commentary on white privilege, perhaps.”

“Karen” isn’t alone in receiving this treatment. We’ve increasingly seen a lot of “basic white names” — commonly associated, rightly or wrongly, with Middle American white Protestants — being used in mocking memes that portray them as archetypes rather than individuals. Consider such examples as: “They’re lesbians, Harold,” “Talkback Tammy,” “they’re good dogs Brent,” and, of course, “Becky with the good hair.” White people seem just as likely to make fun of these names as everyone else, especially when it comes to men making fun of women; in the predominantly white men’s rights movement, “Chads,” “Stacys,” and “Beckys” are used to embody and mock people who conform to mainstream gender norms and beauty standards.

i hope it doesnt last long, because its really really grating on me!! i have no idea why! i dont particularly like the name, and xcome to think of it the one karen from school that comes to mind fits the stereotype!!

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:24 pm

Me too, TP. It's a pretty lame meme, and I kind of cringe whenever I read it.

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
She was one of the 2 Bunnings bitches. She was actually on the 9 breakfast show this morning, after a few minutes Karl basically called her an idiot and cut her off.

yeah i watched it, go karl!!

Eh, that's the only reason they get people like that on there. Just a bit of cheap theatre that ends in Karl getting to play the voice of reason.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Remember when Karl played the white knight by wearing the same suit everyday to make a point about how unfairly women get treated in the media? Then he dumps his wife to get with a much younger woman because he was having a midlife crisis. What a fu#cking cliche. Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:55 pm

i actually dont watch any of the morning shows, i cant bloody stand them!! i saw it on facebook!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:37 pm

I don't normally watch daytime tv but i couldn't get the radio app on my phone to work so i put the tv on
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:41 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Remember when Karl played the white knight by wearing the same suit everyday to make a point about how unfairly women get treated in the media? Then he dumps his wife to get with a much younger woman because he was having a midlife crisis. What a fu#cking cliche. Laughing

Well ... I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with the latter (see our other recent thread on relationships with age differences!). But yes, I agree with your broader suggestion that the guy's a phoney.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:08 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
And there is another one called Lizzie Rose

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/we-visited-bunnings-antimasker-lizzy-rose-for-an-exorcism/news-story/f53d6b9012fcc954199b4c09c7ee2661

She is a Kerry Nash clone.

Ah yes this muppet apparently lives near me - I do hope her psychic powers tell her to immediately leave the premises if we happen to find ourselves in the same place at the same time!!

I’m not reading or sharing anymore of their crap - they are loving the attention and so they should be denied that! Evil or Very Mad

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:16 pm

David wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:

Well ... I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with the latter (see our other recent thread on relationships with age differences!). But yes, I agree with your broader suggestion that the guy's a phoney.

He makes 'a stand' about women being judged more harshly than men for their appearance and then leaves his middle aged wife for a much younger, conventionally attractive woman. He's a hypocrite.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:21 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
David wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:

He makes 'a stand' about women being judged more harshly than men for their appearance and then leaves his middle aged wife for a much younger, conventionally attractive woman. He's a hypocrite.

Maybe, maybe not. I genuinely don't care but things are usually more complicated than that.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 pm

^Like his ability to rationalize his behaviour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 7 of 49   

Jump to: