Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Eagles. Round 8.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind Reid as a fill-in full forward (until his inevitable injury) but please Bucks, Do Not Play Him as relief ruckman. For one thing he is not a particularly good ruck, for another, nothing could be more certain to bring on his soft tissue issues than leaping for a tap out against Nic Nat.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:59 pm

^ good points. I'd like to see if Reid could help hold the fort while Jordan's off, he certainly did okay in his mid-season cameo last year
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Win or loss i could take, we just need a break from these injuries
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Good side, but De Goey is a huge loss, after last weeks wonderful game, we cant take a trick with injury, never ends, never. Im not sure bout Reid, i think he should have retired, his best is gone now. I hope Sier gets a game, he deserves it. Be a close and tight game, like last time we pinched a win over there from these mongrels, just hope we can get home.

Unfortunately, JDG was the match winner in that game too. Sigh.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:39 pm

I hope we go small forward line and expose McGovern or Barass, whoever is not minding Checkers. Small will mean we don't bomb it in, which is what you absolutely can't do against these pr!cks. Rotate Stevo, Billy and maybe JT through FF. Mayne can follow Gaff around.

We can just about finish the Eagles top 4 hopes with a win, teams are highly unlikely to make the 8 let alone finish higher if they are outside the 8 at the end of round 8, and that's in a normal [longer] season. After this game they have the Cats, the bye, Carlton and Hawthorn though, all in Perth.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:18 am

Likewise ithink we have an easier run coming now, like Norf, Crows, Bluescum, Dees, i heard on the grapevine? We have had a pretty tough run, Giants, Dons, Dawks, Cats, we have done ok, considering, should have beaten GWS too. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:08 am

Cam wrote:
I hope we go small forward line and expose McGovern or Barass, whoever is not minding Checkers. Small will mean we don't bomb it in, which is what you absolutely can't do against these pr!cks. Rotate Stevo, Billy and maybe JT through FF. Mayne can follow Gaff around.

We can just about finish the Eagles top 4 hopes with a win, teams are highly unlikely to make the 8 let alone finish higher if they are outside the 8 at the end of round 8, and that's in a normal [longer] season. After this game they have the Cats, the bye, Carlton and Hawthorn though, all in Perth.

That wont work. Most of our F50 entries are kicked to a contest. McGovern will eat us alive. Perhaps there will a handful of unpressured F50 entries, but most will be under pressure bombs which WCE will swallow up with ease.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:23 am

Rick wrote:
The Reid inclusion is puzzling. Has he been playing in the scratch matches? I have very little faith in his ability and his body at this stage.

I have more faith in Reid being able to contribute than Cox at the moment. Cox has to stop dropping so many marks as it is bloody frustrating to watch and must piss off the mid fielders. I hope Reid plays and that his inclusion is warranted.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 am

We saw Will Kelly show signs of a possible KPP only to join the not available list—he may well be the future for that role
But that ain’t 2020 so with up coming match and I suspect others we fill the position of tall fwd from our stock of talls so we have a player who joined the Dee,s as a forward—we played Dunne as a back man

Would he fill a role as a tall who would be strong in a contest —body strength
to cause a ground contest for our crumb boys

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:01 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Cam wrote:

That wont work. Most of our F50 entries are kicked to a contest. McGovern will eat us alive. Perhaps there will a handful of unpressured F50 entries, but most will be under pressure bombs which WCE will swallow up with ease.

Then you don’t kick it to an aerial contest. I’m sure it will be a smaller more mobile forward than usual. The key is to kick it into the space in front of the deep forwards where you would almost prefer a skewed kick rather than a high kick.
That’s not rocket science but we seem to have our most trouble taking McGovern away from the action.
We will get plenty of looks, so the key to our chances will be matching up McGovern with a player who can work him over for smarts and fitness.
Historically, that’s not Miochek, so that will be an interesting match up.
Quick movement of the ball and four quarters of pressure would be a good start too.
Bring it on.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:37 am

Shaz has to play.
Keep WHE / Stevo at FF

Please not Reid. He was a letdown in last year's prelim against the Giants. Too slow now unfortunately.

Leaving out Cox is a message - he's done. Trade time for him.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:50 am

Watch out please Collingwood the likes of Liam Ryan etc.... they always seam to get under our guard it’s very annoying. I too want a win against these annoying flogs.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:15 pm

If the coaching staff had balls they’d instruct us to smash head high finger breaking helicopters to deny the Eagles any chance of winning the ball in the air, and back our smaller forwards and kids to mop up and kick goals that way, or take the pill out of bounds. That’s how Port dominated WCE in the wet early last season cos their aerial prowess was taken away. With pill on deck, WCE were horrible.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:20 pm

mattdally wrote:
Shaz has to play.
Keep WHE / Stevo at FF

Please not Reid. He was a letdown in last year's prelim against the Giants. Too slow now unfortunately.

Leaving out Cox is a message - he's done. Trade time for him.

Agree with all the above, except that leaving Coxy out is a error IMHO. There's no better back-up in the ruck for Brodie, who could well need it against Nic Nat.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Then you don’t kick it to an aerial contest. I’m sure it will be a smaller more mobile forward than usual. The key is to kick it into the space in front of the deep forwards where you would almost prefer a skewed kick rather than a high kick.
That’s not rocket science but we seem to have our most trouble taking McGovern away from the action.
We will get plenty of looks, so the key to our chances will be matching up McGovern with a player who can work him over for smarts and fitness.
Historically, that’s not Miochek, so that will be an interesting match up.
Quick movement of the ball and four quarters of pressure would be a good start too.
Bring it on.

WCE will just create a zone in front of the leading small forwards and force us to kick to a contest. We have a habit of kicking it to a contest even to our smaller players.

If McGovern and Barass get easy marks, the we lose a lot of crumbing opportunities and our ability to keep the ball in our F50.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: