Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Sydney. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
On the March wrote:
Grundy was excellent second half but Cox must play

Agree, at least Cox can give Grundy a spell in the ruck, hes a passable ruckman, and when he does get the pill, near goals, hes a pretty accurate kick, i reckon hes worth another shot. Sorry, but Camerons CV of one game in three yrs at Sydney, did not impress me, not like Roughead, who played many games for the Doggies.

Whether we agree or disagree with each other piesnchess, we both have the experience to appreciate the wins with knowledge of the history of what losses can do to the club, coach, president and players. Not too sure if it is just me but I can smell a rat miles away, and I certainly smell the anti Buckley rats here who are almost disappointed with a Collingwood win because their not so hidden agenda of wanting Buckley out is affected. Now I always support the right to an opinion even by fools. However a fool like me can also furnish an opinion. I want Buckley to remain coach for at least the next 3 - 5 years. Whether he does or not is debatable. The timing for a new coach at Collingwood is not now unless one wants to damage the club. This is a crucial time of Collingwood being on the cusp of success. I feel the players want to reward each other by attaining success that will also reward the club, Buckley and the fans. We have a poor record of being inpatient with the coach who doesn’t succeed under the definition of success only equaling a flag. 1 out of 18 chances each season. Tough. But logically, blaming the coach is not going to ever increase the odds. It doesn’t create the desired harmony or a peaceful environment for success. I say patience, persistence and content at Collingwood will set the scene for a flag sooner than later as opposed to a toxic environment created by disharmony. In my experience this seed of disharmony is sown by the media or a moronic “fan” hitting the social media and garnering other demented idiots to their cause. I have always questioned their real motives.
I purposely write this after a win because the posts from these fools had we lost today would have filled this forum. It still might if we lose next week but that’s ok. It’s their right, just as it’s my right to oppose their views.

taff wa 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:28 pm

[quote="think positive"][quote="AnthonyC"]Holy crap, have you seen IQ's leg? Know wonder they were holding it carefully. They were holding the skin together.[/quote]

Where did you see that?[/quote]

There’s a pic on FB side by side page. It’s mentioned that the Sydney player was wearing metal stops.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:29 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
It was a courageous victory from our team. Down two men for a long time, and then 3 men in the last frenetic minutes, it took grit and desperation to win that one.
But the injuries are catastrophic for us now.
Adz, WHE and looks like IQ is out for the rest of the season.
A team can't lose so much talent and expect to stay in contention.
Agree with those who are attributing our form slump to shattered confidence. This game will restore some belief, but I fear the injuries are denying us too much talent on the field.

Yes, we are losing too many soldiers now, even kids like Kelly, IQ. We get Pendles back, maybe Langdon, but who else,the injury curse wont leave us alone, and has not for many seasons now. Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
DT 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:29 pm

yes, only saw 10 minutes but a magnificent goal from son of the master
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:30 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
Holy crap, have you seen IQ's leg? Know wonder they were holding it carefully. They were holding the skin together.

Hmmm.... a nasty gash alright. Shocked Micro-surgeons are so skilled these days though and here's hoping that they can stitch it back together without any grafts. Being a young, healthy individual, it should heal quickly?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:34 pm

taff wa wrote:

There’s a pic on FB side by side page. It’s mentioned that the Sydney player was wearing metal stops.

It's been verified that the player was not wearing metal stops, but the usual standard stops:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-isaac-quaynor-injury-photo-metal-studs-nathan-buckley-collingwood-illegal-studs-screwins-stops/news-story/80f92d374872d67f63cb59cfedcb358f
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:35 pm

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
On the March wrote:
Grundy was excellent second half but Cox must play

Agree, at least Cox can give Grundy a spell in the ruck, hes a passable ruckman, and when he does get the pill, near goals, hes a pretty accurate kick, i reckon hes worth another shot. Sorry, but Camerons CV of one game in three yrs at Sydney, did not impress me, not like Roughead, who played many games for the Doggies.

Whether we agree or disagree with each other piesnchess, we both have the experience to appreciate the wins with knowledge of the history of what losses can do to the club, coach, president and players. Not too sure if it is just me but I can smell a rat miles away, and I certainly smell the anti Buckley rats here who are almost disappointed with a Collingwood win because their not so hidden agenda of wanting Buckley out is affected. Now I always support the right to an opinion even by fools. However a fool like me can also furnish an opinion. I want Buckley to remain coach for at least the next 3 - 5 years. Whether he does or not is debatable. The timing for a new coach at Collingwood is not now unless one wants to damage the club. This is a crucial time of Collingwood being on the cusp of success. I feel the players want to reward each other by attaining success that will also reward the club, Buckley and the fans. We have a poor record of being inpatient with the coach who doesn’t succeed under the definition of success only equaling a flag. 1 out of 18 chances each season. Tough. But logically, blaming the coach is not going to ever increase the odds. It doesn’t create the desired harmony or a peaceful environment for success. I say patience, persistence and content at Collingwood will set the scene for a flag sooner than later as opposed to a toxic environment created by disharmony. In my experience this seed of disharmony is sown by the media or a moronic “fan” hitting the social media and garnering other demented idiots to their cause. I have always questioned their real motives.
I purposely write this after a win because the posts from these fools had we lost today would have filled this forum. It still might if we lose next week but that’s ok. It’s their right, just as it’s my right to oppose their views.

True Comrade, and let us not forget, the rabid Tiger fans wanted to sack Hardwick bout five yrs ago, and then look what happened. ! Bucks has never ever, had a full list a full healthy team, ever, and now we have 3 more players out, tonight, maybe all gone for the season. Bucks just cant win, we are running out of soldiers yet again, de ja vu, some things never change. Sad Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:42 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

True Comrade, and let us not forget, the rabid Tiger fans wanted to sack Hardwick bout five yrs ago, and then look what happened. ! Bucks has never ever, had a full list a full healthy team, ever, and now we have 3 more players out, tonight, maybe all gone for the season. Bucks just cant win, we are running out of soldiers yet again, de ja vu, some things never change. Sad Rolling Eyes

So true but such is life my friend

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Lazza wrote:
But logically, blaming the coach is not going to ever increase the odds. It doesn’t create the desired harmony or a peaceful environment for success. I say patience, persistence and content at Collingwood will set the scene for a flag sooner than later as opposed to a toxic environment created by disharmony. In my experience this seed of disharmony is sown by the media or a moronic “fan” hitting the social media and garnering other demented idiots to their cause. I have always questioned their real motives.

Just want to say this is a brave post Lazza and one I very much admire Smile
As I write this, the Saints are singing their club song after another win and any of those moronic "fans" you allude to must be able to recall what happened to Carlton after they sacked Brett Ratten.
I notice Piesnchess has also mentioned Damien Hardwick as well.
taff wa 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:46 pm

“The Swans now say they are a standard issue boot but they have some moulded studs & some metal studs. The AFL will review the issue tomorrow,” he tweeted.”

This is part,of the article that mentioned above.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:49 pm

^ Oh, they've just updated it in the last few minutes. Interesting!!!!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:02 pm

A blend of plastic and metal screw ins? A disgrace. And the AFL
don’t check boots before the game? That’s a lawsuit, Gil. Straight up tore IQ’s leg apart. If people have weak stomachs, do not look at the photo of IQ’s leg. It is HORRIFIC.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 pm

tbaker wrote:
35reasons wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Proves to me we don't play cox again. The statue wouldn't of done anymore than what Reid did or Cameron the week before. He obviously hasn't proved to anyone at Collingwood t h at he deserves a recall.

I disagree. No matter whether he has a direct impact on the game or not, Cox’s presence in the forward line straightens us up and the forwards are just more effective overall. Neither Cameron nor Reid have had a similar impact. The outrageous number of behinds kicked tonight bear testament to just how ineffective our forwards are without him there. Of course, missing JDG doesn’t help either.

Notwithstanding the rubbish game tonight, there are positives: Daicos, Madgen, Maynard: all outstanding. Callum Brown just has so much poise and footy intelligence. And toughing out those last 6.5 minutes with just one on the bench is hopefully the type of gutsy team effort that might just turn things around.

Agree - tonight proves to me we DO need Cox back in the team

The thing with Cox, is, hes so big he demands two Opp players on him, which leaves one of our forwards free, all he has to do is tap it down to one of our crumbing forwards, aka Daicos , and give Grundy a spell in the ruck ,which he can do pretty well. Idea

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:23 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
A blend of plastic and metal screw ins? A disgrace. And the AFL
don’t check boots before the game? That’s a lawsuit, Gil. Straight up tore IQ’s leg apart. If people have weak stomachs, do not look at the photo of IQ’s leg. It is HORRIFIC.

Not saying IQ is a horse RH Wink , but the injuries I've seen equines recover from are a thousand times worse than this. It's not bleeding profusely, so no major blood vessels look damaged. It's basically split open muscle and micro-surgeons would be able to carefully and successfully stitch it all back together I'd reckon. Preventing infection while it heals would be a critical challenge.

Agree though, the incident needs to be thoroughly investigated and then appropriate measures taken so that it doesn't happen again.
So wrong that this has happened to IQ after he had just cemented himself in the team after recovering from injury.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:25 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Lazza wrote:
But logically, blaming the coach is not going to ever increase the odds. It doesn’t create the desired harmony or a peaceful environment for success. I say patience, persistence and content at Collingwood will set the scene for a flag sooner than later as opposed to a toxic environment created by disharmony. In my experience this seed of disharmony is sown by the media or a moronic “fan” hitting the social media and garnering other demented idiots to their cause. I have always questioned their real motives.

Just want to say this is a brave post Lazza and one I very much admire Smile
As I write this, the Saints are singing their club song after another win and any of those moronic "fans" you allude to must be able to recall what happened to Carlton after they sacked Brett Ratten.
I notice Piesnchess has also mentioned Damien Hardwick as well.

I too admire this post! Disharmony will have us further away from success than we are now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: