Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Any state rivalry can go to hell, I wouldn’t wish this year on my worst enemy, if I was in Sydney I’d put a note out to the family that this Sunday is now Christmas Day! Because what is the chance this cleans up in the next few days? Sadly the odds are it get worse. I really hope not.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:18 pm

My daughter's partner has all her family in Sydney, they visited them a couple of weeks ago when the borders re-opened, I'd assumed that they would be planning on going back up in january.

I'm going back up to Toc after Christmas, if the border's shut and I can't get back to Melbourne, I won't lose any sleep about it.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:34 am

We are having family Xmas in Shepp this year.
One of my sisters is coming down from Canberra. If a border closure is announced she and her husband are going to pack the car straight away and make a dash for it.

I know a few people who have booked holidays on the NSW coast after Xmas, they will be nervous especially those with kids (after all that home schooling they want a break)

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:12 pm

So dumb that aircrew weren't subject to strict quarantine rules.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:15 pm

My sister and hubby decided to drive down to Melbourne today to avoid border closure. They had organised a permit but didn’t want to take any chances. Staying with my nephew for a few days then up to Shepp on Wednesday.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:54 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/20/as-covid-death-toll-soars-ever-higher-sweden-wonders-who-to-blame
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:48 pm

Hmmm: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-21/uk-new-covid-strain-detected-in-australian-returned-travellers/13002382
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:56 pm

Oh good. Rolling Eyes

Any early suggestions on names for the next thread? Personally, I'm torn between Coronavirus 4: A New Hope and Coronavirus 4: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:17 pm

If NSW can't get their outbreak under control, I'd be going for the 2nd one.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:44 pm

I'd go for Coronavirus 4 - Lockdown Dan and the creeping assumptions.

I see the report for the hotel quarantine inquiry has been tabled, massive waste of time that it was. After all that apparently still no-one knows who made the decision to engage private security or why it was made, despite a shonky procurement process and millions being spent. But good ole Dan is still Captain Accountability. Rolling Eyes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:02 pm

^ Paragraphs 226 to 228 of Chapter 5 make it plain that, in the Inquiry's view, the Chief Commissioner of Police made the effective decision - in substance, it was Ashton's preference and the other public servants simply accepted that and ran with it.

"... I find that Mr Ashton expressed a
‘preference’ in the VSB meeting and in conversation with Commissioner Crisp that Victoria Police
not be the first tier of enforcement in the Program, consistent with Commissioner Crisp’s text
to AC Grainger at 5.20pm.320 In circumstances where Victoria Police was present at the SCC
meeting as the law enforcement agency for Victoria and where, under the Victoria Police
Act 2013 (Vic), only the CCP can make operational decisions about how police are deployed,
I find that this ‘preference’ carried considerable weight at the SCC meeting. The weight attributed
to this preference must be qualified by reference to the fact, as already stated, that there was
no evidence of a formal request being made to Mr Ashton or the Minister for Police and Emergency
Services for Victoria Police members to be deployed as the frontline of security in the Program.
Victoria Police was not formally asked and, therefore, did not formally refuse, but its view was
clearly articulated, and the likely outcome of any potential request clearly foreshadowed.
227. The Premier was asked to comment on the evidence from Minister Neville and Mr Ashton that
they had not been consulted in relation to the decision to use private security or the enforcement
model in general. The Premier said it would be very unusual or even unprecedented for a decision
of this type to have been made without consulting the Minister and/or the CCP. He said that,
ordinarily, he would expect the views of the CCP to be sought in relation to a decision about
enforcement, and that he would expect the CCP’s view to carry some weight.321 His expectation
accords with the conclusions I have reached based on the evidence set out above.
228. The effect on others at the SCC meeting when hearing of Victoria Police’s view was significant.
As soon as AC Grainger expressed the view and Commissioner Crisp asked who then would
organise private security, Ms Febey said she understood it was for DJPR to take it up. The meeting
moved on to other topics, with the decision now made, though those at the meeting do not appear
to have been aware that such a significant decision had been taken."

https://content.royalcommission.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-12/0387_RC_Covid-19%20Final%20Report_Volume%202_Chapter%205_Digital.pdf
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:16 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Paragraphs 226 to 228 of Chapter 5 make it plain that, in the Inquiry's view, the Chief Commissioner of Police made the effective decision - in substance, it was Ashton's preference and the other public servants simply accepted that and ran with it.

You are wasting your time. The haters here don't do facts or evidence.

It's all Dan's fault. Dan personally and deliberately infected each and every Covid case, and bent them over to give them AIDS as well.

Facts? Don't bother them with facts. Waste of time.

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:45 am

Is anyone else concerned that the Australian Open is going ahead? I just can't see how it won't lead to a covid-out-of-control situation.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:08 am

Given the uber-responsible, hyper-cautious behaviour of tennis pros so far, roar (and not mentioning any names, especially not sub-moronic idiot ones such as Novak Djokovic) , it's a pretty fair bet that it will be a clusterfarrk practicing to be a full-blown disaster when it grows up.

Move it to Siberia. The weather there is nice at this time of year.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 7 of 200   

Jump to: