Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#16 Oliver Henry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s this alternate universe I have woken in.
Madge is now the messiah.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:23 am

Embrace it! Laughing
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:37 pm

All of a sudden Madgen is Lockett…. But better! 😂

The guy kicked 5 against a half arsed VFL side with no listed AFL players!

He’s still shit ladies and gentlemen.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:30 pm

simon tonna wrote:
What’s this alternate universe I have woken in.
Madge is now the messiah.

Laughing

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:31 pm

Big T wrote:
Henry for key moments in finals... for mine.

I think so too. Madge has grunt and heart, but Henry can turn a game.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:42 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
All of a sudden Madgen is Lockett…. But better! 😂

The guy kicked 5 against a half arsed VFL side with no listed AFL players!

He’s still shit ladies and gentlemen.

Where did anyone suggest he was Lockett?
Rolling Eyes

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:03 pm

It’s a 45 minute drive lol. An hour tops. Geezus. And Geelong are lying that they’re respecting Collingwood and aren’t actively pursuing a trade. If anyone believes them, then McStay will win the Coleman medal in his first year at the pies.

Do we really want Geelong to get Grundy AND Henry? Let’s give them a five goal head start every time we play them too.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:38 pm

If Henry and Grundy went to Geelong what would be fair trade compensation? Given that Grundy leaving would be in part to create some room in our cap and all the reports are we're prepared to pay a portion - the more we would pay the more we should expect as a trade shouldnt we?

Surely we would get their current #18 and #36? Maybe #18 and next year's first rounder?

Henry went at pick #17 - surely he's no worse than that now he has a couple years development and has shown some real talent...

This post is not intended as in support of or against this happening - I am just genuinely curious as to what (realistic) trade would make it happen.

Swanny2011 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:55 pm

I wouldn't want picks in return I would want ready made players. Henry for S De Koning for example would be a win for both clubs.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:08 pm

Swanny2011 wrote:
I wouldn't want picks in return I would want ready made players. Henry for S De Koning for example would be a win for both clubs.

Agreed. We’d want players that would keep us in the flag race, not draft picks to rebuild and roll the dice on unknown kids. We could use the picks to trade for players from other clubs though. But geez, I do not like the thought of Geelong — currently flag favourite — being even stronger next year with Grundy and Henry.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:09 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Swanny2011 wrote:

Agreed. We’d want players that would keep us in the flag race, not draft picks to rebuild and roll the dice on unknown kids. We could use the picks to trade for players from other clubs though. But geez, I do not like the thought of Geelong — currently flag favourite — being even stronger next year with Grundy and Henry.

Hang on a minute - Henry cant get a game in our side now, how is he expected to waltz into Geelong's team and make them unbeatable? He would be of value over the course of the next decade, but not sure he's gonna be the difference next year. I do accept that adding Grundy to their team would make them better immediately - but just adding a great player to a good team doesn't guarantee premierships. It wont be long and they will be without Guthrie, Selwood, Danger, Hawkins, Toohey etc and they will need to add more than just Grundy to stay at the top then.

I like the idea of getting ready made player/s, and de Koning would be great - but would probably a) not be available and b) only come in exchange for both Grundy and Henry (and maybe that's a fair trade...??). More likely though that is a fairy tale trade. I cant see the Cats letting him go without a king's ransom. They would be expecting him to be a 250 gamer and All Australian. Would you trade away Nick Daicos???

I think its important to try and be objective in trade deliberations. You almost never get great players for next to nothing and you almost never get paid overs for your guys going out the door.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:11 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Swanny2011 wrote:

It was only about 10 games ago we weren't in the flag race, but I take y our point that if we think we can stay at the top and have a tile for the next couple years (a couple years earlier than expected) then adding maturity makes sense. We are, however, anticipating 3 experienced players (albeit perhaps not genuine A graders) coming in already.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:23 pm

Swanny2011 wrote:
Probably just confirming what most people have heard on here but...My reliable mail is that Oliver Henry is keen to get back closer to to his family and play with his brother. Would be disappointing to lose but on the other hand we hold Ace in any trade with Geelong so we need to make it a good trade.

Disappointing to hear.

Why cant we just go for Jack Henry instead?

I've heard of the go home factor when players come from the other side of the country, but never to go up the highway.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:37 pm

piffdog wrote:
If Henry and Grundy went to Geelong what would be fair trade compensation? Given that Grundy leaving would be in part to create some room in our cap and all the reports are we're prepared to pay a portion - the more we would pay the more we should expect as a trade shouldnt we?

Surely we would get their current #18 and #36? Maybe #18 and next year's first rounder?

Henry went at pick #17 - surely he's no worse than that now he has a couple years development and has shown some real talent...

This post is not intended as in support of or against this happening - I am just genuinely curious as to what (realistic) trade would make it happen.

I can promise you we won’t get more than pick 17 for Henry. If we get a pick in the mid twenties, I would be very thankful. You lose a lot of clout when a player comes out of contract and his draft position is of little relevance. It’s about his ability and as promising as it may appear to some, he can’t get a game in a forward line that is regarded as average at best. Should he wish to leave, then Geelong hold all the cards for any trade. Lipinski was out of contract and we secured him for a pick in the low 40s. Like Henry, he spent half of his last season with the Dogs playing seniors and the other half dominating the VFL ( not that Henry dominated VFL every week )
I can see Henry’s strengths but I can also see some weaknesses that do not suit what Fly is looking for in a forward. I hope we keep him but if saving on his contract is held over to secure an A grader, then I will move on fairly quickly.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:48 pm

I think we're judging Henry like we do Nick Daicos. Nick is a freak. Henry is like any 19-20 year old player in his second year still learning the game. He has flaws in his game that the coaching staff are ironing out. Not at all unusual that a player in his second year is unable to break into a team playing off in a qualifying final. Mark my words, if we give up Henry to Geelong we'll be regretting it for the next 10 years. The proviso is if we can get a good return for him, but since Henry hasn't re-signed and is out of contract it is Geelong holding all the aces up their sleeves.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 7 of 72   

Jump to: