Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 15 - Magpies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how people manipulate stats to strengthen a poor argument.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:56 am

how about Ash Johnson in for De Goey. I hope we can do something more imaginative than bringing in one of the browns, like we normally do
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:07 am

^ I'd like to see Johnson get a senior opportunity but he's just played part of a VFL game after an extended layoff. It's not quite fair to him to bring him up when he isn't match fit, is it?
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:12 am

perhaps at full Forward, not too taxing. It's been a glum week for the pies this week, this would give the supporters something to be excited about
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:13 am

Big T wrote:
Love how people manipulate stats to strengthen a poor argument.

What's to manipulate? De Goey's record against GWS is very, very poor. They have his number - and it's one of the reasons we have struggled against them for several years. He's managed a total 3 goals and 21 kicks against GWS in the last 3 meetings.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:16 am

gurugeoff wrote:
how about Ash Johnson in for De Goey. I hope we can do something more imaginative than bringing in one of the browns, like we normally do

We would all like to see Johnson but he’s got a lack of match conditioning going against him this week. Played his comeback game as managed minutes in the VFL and then they had a bye last weekend. Might have done some match sim in between but that’s still well underdone for AFL standards.

I’d like to see Josh Carmichael debut but that’s more out of wanting to see more of him, rather than him necessarily being ready. He continues to find the ball at every level he’s played at, so I reckon he wouldn’t be out of place but the club know more than we do, so we will all find out soon enough.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:18 am

yes, Josh C. would be interesting to see as well. Mature body, why not.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:33 am

gurugeoff wrote:

The same 40.Ash Johnson that just returned from injury and collected 3 disposals and 2 tackles in his first outing in the VFL against Casey?

If it was to be a debutant, it'd be 45.Josh Carmichael whom on his VFL debut collected 16 disposals, 9 tackles, 2 clearances and 2 inside 50's.

17.C.Brown was our BOG from that game.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:44 am

mattdally wrote:
Giants $3.60 into $2.60 - they're certainties.
We can't beat them without Jordy.
Club is a mess. Any chance the president can speak or his he just another name on a board.

I am loving the fact we finally has a president who spends more time working..less time shooting his mouth off.

The club has handled the situation fine. Just got to ride it out...what will be will be.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:49 am

derkd wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Giants $3.60 into $2.60 - they're certainties.
We can't beat them without Jordy.
Club is a mess. Any chance the president can speak or his he just another name on a board.

I am loving the fact we finally has a president who spends more time working..less time shooting his mouth off.

The club has handled the situation fine. Just got to ride it out...what will be will be.

No, i dont, and Side by Side we stick together, is a croc of shit now, weak as cats piss. God only knows how all this hoo hah over him, and the other two lads, has affected the players, we are in dissaray id say now, at present. Im very doubtful of victory now, and im usually pretty confident. Surprised Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:08 pm

I hate GWS ever since the Prelim in Sept 2019.

Whatever.

Pies to win by 10 goals!

PS: I hate every other team as well.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:20 pm

This game won't be won because 2.JDG is in or out of the side. It'll be off the back of the collective teamwork that has shaped our season to date.
No doubt the media barrage against 2.JDG, 8.IQ & 33.Ginni won't go un-felt, but I'll back Fly and the coaching team to ensure the group retains focus on the job at hand, particularly given we're one win and percentage off 4th place post the bye.

Key to this match will be quelling a red-hot Toby Greene, possibly the best forward in the comp at the moment, along with Stephen Coniglio and Harry Himmelberg. All 3 are in season best form and Josh Kelly has also been consistently amongst the votes.

Key Ins / Outs ~
GWS have a couple of key outs given in-form forward James Peatling will miss the next 2-3 weeks and Braydon Preuss will miss this week due to suspension along with fellow ruck Matt Flynn also unavailable.
Matt de Boer remains under concussion protocols so they're coming in undermanned without the competitions best tagger and without their starting Ruckmen.
They are set to see their Captain Phil Davis ready to step back in after he and Tim Taranto racked up a heap of the footy in their VFL returns.

For Collingwood, 2.JDG's personal leave will remove a big bodied mid-fwd we desperately need. Might 45.Josh Carmichael debut after one game in the VFL? Watching the game he certainly worked his way into the match to influence the 2nd half where we broke even against ladder leaders Casey. It'd be a big call to include him this early but he has been playing senior footy and he brings in match fitness. Personally I saw enough to warrant risking it. I think rotating him with 31.Beau McCreery as our mid-forwards might just offer some relief in the absence of JDG.

All in all, we're well positioned to break the GWS 4 match winning streak against us, our last win against them being the 2018 Semi-Final.
Given GWS conceded 125 points to the Western Bulldogs, I expect the inclusion of Phil Davis will no doubt quell that leakage, but with 14.Cameron in career best form, the ruck contest and his presence around the ground is set to be a critical factor in the direction of this match.
With our mobile forward line and Elliott and Mihocek in form along with a resurgent 46.Cox, should give us enough avenues to enable us to post a winning score.
Pies by 17.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:55 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ JDG has played 7 games in his career against GWS for an average of 13 disposals per game and a total of 8 goals. He won't be missed.

So averaging 13 possessions +1 goal a game from a half forward is terrible?
Hope we don’t lose by a goal.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:08 pm

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
PS: I hate every other team as well.

Hope you don't hate your mother Smile

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:23 pm

I’m looking forward to seeing T Brown or C Brown come into the side and get 4 to 6 possessions and be invisible for most of the match.At least when DeGoey’s playing you actually notice him out there on the field.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13   

Jump to: