Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dogs. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
Josh Daicos retaliation tap changed the momentum of the game, it was dumb, and costly. We got things back under control then 3 quick frees to the dogs wrested the ascendancy from us in the last and the dogs went on with it.

Mate there seemed to be ZERO velocity behind the strike, from that behind the play vision ch.Muppet showed. That Welfare parasite should be cited for staging.

Welfare are all actors and grifters riding Bont's coat tails.

Funny how the maggots changed the momentum of the game against us multiple times over the last two matches, with countless charity 50M penalties and frees in front of opposition goal, while we get fuckall at the other end...

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:27 am

Collingwouldn't wrote:
Haff wrote:

A game to forget.
At least I got the dogs at $2.04.

You bet on Footscray? And tell pies fans about it?

At least if we get cheated out of winning week after week, he may as well profit from it.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:28 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Collingwouldn't wrote:
Haff wrote:

At least I got the dogs at $2.04.

You bet on Footscray? And tell pies fans about it?

That adds credibility and shows that Haff is someone who can look at a game / result objectively.

Was pretty simple. We were 1.80 or something and drifting, dogs were massive overs.
Consolation prize for not winning. Happy to give it back for the win.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:30 am

Some of Collingwood’s last quarters this year include:

Hawthorn: 0.5.5 (barely hung on)
West Coast: 1.2.8 (could’ve used a percentage boost)
Adelaide 1.2.8 (got overrun then pinched it)
Fremantle 2.3.15 (4.1.25 conceded in 8 mins for a draw)
Western Bulldogs 0.1.1 (5.1.31 conceded for a loss)

Deplorable.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:39 am

^its flipped on its head hasn’t it? On top and can’t hold rather than behind and close like the grim reaper.
We got too safe in the last qtr. long kicks down the line, no fwds, out of form fwds and a very exhausted ruckman added to that not being effective.
Anyway, wont start favourites against the dees, don’t think we get many if any back?
Should still account for the Kangas. Guess you consider taking 7-2-6 given out start. Get the cattle back and try to finish 5-6ish. We can win it from there.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:43 am

Who else got reported? Apparently a few players have been cited, not just dipshit Sam Darcy. I’m hearing Daicos?!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:47 am

Brad Johnson said Dogs got lucky, Pies could have ended them in the first quarter. Yep we beat ourselves — gonna happen with so many of our main stars out.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:50 am

The Roos will be setting themselves up for us. Blood in the water, depleted Pies outfit at Marvel. North home game. Make no mistake, genuine danger game. Roos kept Ess within arm’s reach all game last week.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:55 am

Haff wrote:
^its flipped on its head hasn’t it? On top and can’t hold rather than behind and close like the grim reaper.
We got too safe in the last qtr. long kicks down the line, no fwds, out of form fwds and a very exhausted ruckman added to that not being effective.
Anyway, wont start favourites against the dees, don’t think we get many if any back?
Should still account for the Kangas. Guess you consider taking 7-2-6 given out start. Get the cattle back and try to finish 5-6ish. We can win it from there.

This is nothing new under Fly:

Last year’s final series:

Melbourne: 0.2.2
GWS: 1.3.9
Brisbane: 2.3.15

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:11 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
They were missing:

Naughton
Weightman
Richards
Smith
Libba

Yet we want to cry foul with OUR omissions???

Please. Fly is stubborn coach and his tactics are obsolete now.

Here’s my problem with that argument. The dogs didn’t only have 26 players to pick from. So while Naughton was out, they still had Lobb to pick from.
While five of our first choice forwards were out, we couldn’t even get McInnes or Hoskin - Elliot to pull on a jumper that game.
It should be noted the same coach who has supposedly lost his coaching ability overnight, still managed to find a way for us to score 80 odd points. We were belted in the last quarter quarter because any centre bouncesincluding the likes of Frampton, McCreery and Sullivan was never going to get it done against their three All Australians. Had we been able to select our couple A A midfielders ( and that’s not including DeGoey as AA ) then the outcome would have been very different. That’s footy, sometimes you’re the beneficiary of injuries and other times your the recipient.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:24 am

Big T wrote:
It’s amazing when people simply question if we are trying to shut down games too early, they are attacked personally. Says more about them.

Agree. The one thing certain after a loss is that Collingwood fans turn on each other. Everyone agrees there was a lot of great effort last night. Everyone agrees we have been decimated by injuries (the curse is back sadly). Everyone agrees the stars ran out of legs in the last (understandably). But why turn on fellow fans because they dare to say that perhaps (1) Like all premiers we have been hunted and perhaps passed (no one can argue the Swans aren't at least 30% better than the rest of comp as their percentage shows), and (2) We have possibly the hardest draw of any team in the last half of the season (being premiers again), and (3) Therefore we are highly unlikely to make the eight.

These are just facts. We can quibble with opinions, but facts are facts.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:36 am

I never said Fly has lost his ability overnight. I am simply stating facts: he coaches to shit down games when we have any lead bigger than a goal or two. That sh!t ain’t gonna get it done anymore. Games vs Ess, Frem, WB and nearly Adel proves this. Rather go down swinging than meekly bending over every last quarter.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:37 am

I totally agree with those saying Bontempelli is the best player in the AFL at the moment. No question!

Nick battled hard all night, but really wasn't nearly as effective after half time. But he will learn from the experience and get even better.

But seriously when does The Bont become a free agent? I would mortgage the entire club to get him. Can you imagine the one two punch The Bont and Nick would give us? And not only that The Bont could easily slot into the forward line and kick us 3-4 each week and create several others.

The draft is not the way to strengthen our stocks, we are going to have to become ruthless in trading.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:44 am

shawthing wrote:
Big T wrote:
It’s amazing when people simply question if we are trying to shut down games too early, they are attacked personally. Says more about them.

Agree. The one thing certain after a loss is that Collingwood fans turn on each other. Everyone agrees there was a lot of great effort last night. Everyone agrees we have been decimated by injuries (the curse is back sadly). Everyone agrees the stars ran out of legs in the last (understandably). But why turn on fellow fans because they dare to say that perhaps (1) Like all premiers we have been hunted and perhaps passed.

As far as I can remember, my relationship with the club I love has been an emotional one and when we lose, emotions will always run high and the (kick the cat) syndrome will be enacted. We tend to take it out on safer targets than what we sometimes want to do, which is have the opportunity to hurl abuse at the perpetrators of the frustrations, the maggots. I still don’t think that they actually cheat but my belief is in danger of being challenged by what I consistently see. I will call them extremely incompetent at this stage but I would love to hear the opinion from my umpire mate Eddiesmith whose opinion I have always respected.

Boot 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:10 pm

John Noble put the last 6 months of hard work at risk last night with a few horrid tunovers that ended up costing us big time. Fly McRae would now have serious doubts that he can be relied upon come finals. Personally I would persist with Noble for the rest of this season and hope he learns from last night and learns to play within his limitations. You can almost see his mistakes coming 10 seconds before he does it. He needs to focus on his strengths and eliminate those brain fart howlers from his game. He still has the ability to provide the fast run out of attack.
Harvey Harrison is going to be a good Collingwood player for a long time, but he was unsighted for long periods of last nights game. I'm still very confident that he'll be a good contributor for a lot of games this year and will be a better player again next year.
Steele Sidebottom is a problem for us. I just think he is slowing down faster than it would have seemed likely and playing him in defense was a desperation coaching move trying to delay the inevitable that a great servant of our club has run out of petrol in the tank. Age eventually wears down everybody and I think Father Time has caught up with Sidebottom. When / if we get a full squad to pick from I think Sidebottom should be "managed" to see out this season as his last at AFL level.
Ash Johnson seems to have lost his flair and even Brain Taylor could see that he really didn't want to be out there last night. Hopefully Johnson can regain the natural flair and start to play with some speed and commitment again, but I doubt we will see him represent Collingwood at AFL level ever again. I'm not confident that Nathan Kreuger is going to be any good at AFL level but at least I know he is going to try his level best to impact the game when he gets a chance. Hence I'd bring Kreuger in for Johnson next week and ask him to just compete against Steven May as best he can and give Cameron some support in the ruck.
Billy Frampton is not going to make it as a contributing forward and so I hope the idea that he can play anywhere other than full back is now put to bed.
I am still very down on Lachie Sullivan, although some are saying he helped open the path for Nick Daicos. I see Sullivan as not having sufficient speed by movement or mind to have a serious impact at AFL level. No doubt he'll get some further opportunities given our injury list and I really hope he improves but I see just an average VFL footballer at the moment with very little improvement left in him.
Nick Daicos was brilliant in the first half but faded in the 2nd half. I hope we aren't driving this generational player into the ground by putting too much responsibilty on his young shoulders at this early stage of his career? He is going to get banged up if left to be an inside midfielder for too long this season.

Things will be tough at Collingwood until we recover some of our most important players back from injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: