Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 617, 618, 619 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Settle fella, I still wake up screaming with visions of you and proto with the chloroform and vegemite. Wink
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:38 pm

5150 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Took the afternoon off.

Sitting out the front having a drink and the magpies started coming in the yard looking for tucker so I came inside and got a cooked sausage out of the fridge.

Went out the front and sat on the step and started cutting up the sausage, before you know it I had 5 magpies within 2 metres looking at me.

A couple actually came over and took a piece out of my fingers, the rest I had to throw about 2 feet to them. Very Happy

Left them to it after they cleaned up all the sausage and I left some cooked chicken on a rock in the front yard for them.

Sure beats the time you put peanut butter on your rock and left to the magpies...

I'll never get those images out of my mind...

Don't make me call the RSPCA again

Relax.

He's got a dog now.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Settle fella, I still wake up screaming with visions of you and proto with the chloroform and vegemite. Wink

Yeah, me too... never been able to forget proto smearing vegemite on a rag, getting me in a head lock and screaming "breathe it in bitch" then spreading the chloroform on his sandwich and passing out.

you're a prick for switching those labels...
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:51 pm

Wednesday I had someone contact me about using my photos for the Southern Football League, I ended up with them picking of my photos I had no idea why they were being used. Come today I went to the SFL Grand Final and I found the my photos were used on the front cover of the 2015 SFL Grand Final Record.

Guy that works at The Mercury thought they were great shots as well. Seemed a lot of people at the game liked the record photo, some believed they were the best photos this season.

I'm pretty happy with that, also the fact the Pies won all three Premierships today helped.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Great work mate! Must have felt good to receive recognition! Smile
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Jezza wrote:
Great work mate! Must have felt good to receive recognition! Smile

Thanks, it was good, I had to buy a second record and to post it on my Facebook page as well.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Yes, that's great news. Really well done, Proto!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:56 pm

For real. Well that's okay. Sorry, I forgot what "what" was.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Thanks. Smile I got my camera back in May and started to taking some photos, my weekends freed up after the whole replacing as Auskick coach. So I decided to take some snaps offered my services to Football Fed Tasmania, and the TSL, also SFL and I have not looked back.

The parents and players loving my work gave me the boost in confidence to keep trying to improve and then seeing that I feel that I am doing quite good. My dad was a photographer and all his mates at work were as well, which is why I was talking to a guy today and he was impressed with my work.

I hope one day to become a professionally paid one, with the work with the local footy I am sure it's going to come. Smile

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:48 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Thanks. Smile I got my camera back in May and started to taking some photos, my weekends freed up after the whole replacing as Auskick coach. So I decided to take some snaps offered my services to Football Fed Tasmania, and the TSL, also SFL and I have not looked back.

The parents and players loving my work gave me the boost in confidence to keep trying to improve and then seeing that I feel that I am doing quite good. My dad was a photographer and all his mates at work were as well, which is why I was talking to a guy today and he was impressed with my work.

I hope one day to become a professionally paid one, with the work with the local footy I am sure it's going to come. Smile
h

And Claremont won all three Grand Finals. Their first in 20 years. My brother who is a life member is over the moon.

Also, great result with your photos.

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:21 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
And Claremont won all three Grand Finals. Their first in 20 years. My brother who is a life member is over the moon.

Also, great result with your photos.

That they did, they were the best team all season in all three grades, though Huonville Lions came very close to winning the colts. The seniors and reserves just blew the opposition away. I was so happy for Kim Excell, former Glenorchy premiership player, and a former premiership colts coach finally getting his senior premiership.

He's one of the nicest guys I know in football, if there was ever a person deserving of tasting success it's Kim. I can imagine he would be, I want to become the photographer for Claremont and be a member as does dad, I hope to look into that.

Thanks, I have enjoyed the work, love photography and sports. So its a great fit.

partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Congrats Proto, great news
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:25 pm

The Prototype wrote:
[quote="Member 7167"]And Claremont won all three Grand Finals. Their first in 20 years. My brother who is a life member is over the moon.

Also, great result with your photos.[/quote]

That they did, they were the best team all season in all three grades, though Huonville Lions came very close to winning the colts. The seniors and reserves just blew the opposition away. I was so happy for Kim Excell, former Glenorchy premiership player, and a former premiership colts coach finally getting his senior premiership.

He's one of the nicest guys I know in football, if there was ever a person deserving of tasting success it's Kim. I can imagine he would be, I want to become the photographer for Claremont and be a member as does dad, I hope to look into that.

Thanks, I have enjoyed the work, love photography and sports. So its a great fit.
Tell me more about your family.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:27 am

Happy & Sad:

Oldest daughter driving to Sydney now with a friend to share the driving whose flying back next week).

Happy because she has been given a wonderful opportunity being appointed to the position of State Manager of her women's retail clothing company at just 25.

Sad because she won't be living in Melbourne.

Mixed feelings & pride as she embarks on a new & exciting part of her life.

She has a 1993 Honda Accord (2.2 Litre) auto that I bought her when she turned 18. Then it had done 108,000 km's & was well kept, well maintained with a brilliant Alpine sound system.

Now it has done 230,000 km's & is still well maintained. Last week I put 4 new Pirelli's (P1's) on, new brakes & major service / tune done. The mechanic since then looked at the car on the hoist re oil leaks & only two minor one's & said the car should be fine (she'll be doing a fair bit of driving). Arranged for NRMA (RACV expires tomorrow). Her company is putting her up till she finds a flat to rent - a girlfriend of hers is coming up from Melbourne & they'll be renting together.

My youngest is likely to be shifting out & renting with friends by the end of the year (I think) "Empty nesters"

Mrs WPT has put in her resignation & will be leaving her paid employment in about 3-4 weeks (she's been a nurse for 35 years beginning in general, later psychiatric & community based aged psychiatry) to now concentrate full time on her business in "hoarding". This is a huge step. Makes me very happy.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Congrats WPT. Sounds like some big life changes are afoot. All the best to your daughters and hope you and your partner enjoy a well-earned break. Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 617, 618, 619 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 618 of 866   

Jump to: