Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 618, 619, 620 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Woweeee this day just keeps kicking it! Hubby just got a call from his youngest sister, yup, breast cancer! Apparently she had just called the other brother, and the wife that was diagnosed today answered, now can you just imagine how that conversation went! Good news is it's tiny, operating next Monday, then radiation, hopefully won't need chemo.

I think I'll take the phones of the hook now

partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:33 am

Wow, what rotten luck for those siblings. Thank goodness she's getting prompt attention. Best wishes to all
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:42 am

partypie wrote:
Wow, what rotten luck for those siblings. Thank goodness she's getting prompt attention. Best wishes to all

Cheers mate, thank you, I'm thinking of you, good luck with the surgery, all the best xxxxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:46 am

Phew, deep breath. Talked to hubbies brothers wife, she clarified, it's not bowel cancer yet, it's high grade dysplasia, so almost cancer, still a big 4 hour operation to take out the 2cm tumour, but thank God, they should get it in time.

Seriously though, how old are you? Do you get your blood checked out once a year? How's the cholesterol?

Over 40? Had a breast screen / PSA test?

How about ordering the free bowel cancer screening test? I did it last year, it's too easy.

If you have got to around 50, awesome, nows the time to start being smart.
Women: blood tests, including hormonal, Breast check, Pap smear, bowel cancer screen.
Men: full bloods including PSA, get that finger test, order the bowel cancer kit, it's easy, you just prong off a bit of poo and post it in.
Have a good look at your skin in the mirror.

Yeah I'm a nag and a downer. And I'm literally surrounded by people with cancer! And let me tell you this, its $£$%^%%$ terrifying. You may just draw the short straw, but there are things you can do to help yourself. Please, if it's too hard to do it for yourself, think of your children. Your wife, your husband.

Cancer is a family disease, it hurts you all.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:37 pm

Shit reporting.

Big hoo hah over a lever action shotgun with gun control advocates and reporters either having NFI what they're talking about or deliberately talking shit.

Examples

Quote:
The Turkish-made Adler A110 — which uses a lever ­action to load cartridges into the barrel — has many similarities to pump-action and semi-automatic firearms, but is classified as a shotgun.

It's classified as a shotgun because it is, you imbecile. It fires shotgun shells FFS. The cartridge you load in contains shot and the barrell is a smooth bore, no rifling, so it is unmistakably a shotgun regardless of how the cartridges load.

It has zero resemblance to a semi automatic, a semi automatic by definition is a self loading weapon not a manual one that just requires you to keep pulling the trigger without needing to manually eject the case and load a new cartridge, like in a bolt action, lever action or pump action.

Quote:
Gun control advocates argue the modified A110 — which can rapid-fire five 12-gauge cartridges — should also be classified as semi-automatic.

Except it's not a fkn semi auto, it's a lever action. Yeah, you can repeat fire quickly if you're any good, same as with a pump action, but the average mug would still need to steady the weapon and re-aim after loading each shell.

If the problem is how many shells the magazine contains, fine. Magazine size is already restricted (although not difficult to overcome if you know how) but stop misrepresenting a manually loading gun as a semi auto, phucktards.

here's the article I quoted from, saw the same shite on the news.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/flood-of-adler-a110-model-shotguns-into-victoria-prompts-calls-for-ban/news-story/fc6da04c3d517bd57695ad2404dfd648

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:56 pm

http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/monkey-trapped-in-a-bangkok-hellhole-for-25-years-is-rescued/

So much for Buddhism. Poor bugger, nearly had me in tears. Get some enjoyment in life with your new mates little fella. May the rest of your life be bananas,peanuts,swims and clean water.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:19 pm

ronrat wrote:
http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/monkey-trapped-in-a-bangkok-hellhole-for-25-years-is-rescued/

So much for Buddhism. Poor bugger, nearly had me in tears. Get some enjoyment in life with your new mates little fella. May the rest of your life be bananas,peanuts,swims and clean water.

OMG, that's so disgusting,

I don't understand, if the zoo wouldn't take him, and the guy could not afford to have him, why wasn't something done a lot sooner? Imagine living in a cage less than a metre square? $£$%^%%$ barbarians

And please don't take offence, I know you live there but u less I thought I could save some animals I can't see me ever having the desire to go to an Asian country again, unless this gets sorted: from the bottom of that heartbreaking article

"Recognising the widespread issues facing the wildlife and pet trade in Asia, he finished with a note of caution: “I am afraid there are more cases to come.”

Life seems to be so cheap in some places, not just animals but people too. How did things get so £$%$ed up?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Shit reporting.

Big hoo hah over a lever action shotgun with gun control advocates and reporters either having NFI what they're talking about or deliberately talking shit.

Examples

Quote:
The Turkish-made Adler A110 — which uses a lever ­action to load cartridges into the barrel — has many similarities to pump-action and semi-automatic firearms, but is classified as a shotgun.

It's classified as a shotgun because it is, you imbecile. It fires shotgun shells FFS. The cartridge you load in contains shot and the barrell is a smooth bore, no rifling, so it is unmistakably a shotgun regardless of how the cartridges load.

It has zero resemblance to a semi automatic, a semi automatic by definition is a self loading weapon not a manual one that just requires you to keep pulling the trigger without needing to manually eject the case and load a new cartridge, like in a bolt action, lever action or pump action.

Quote:
Gun control advocates argue the modified A110 — which can rapid-fire five 12-gauge cartridges — should also be classified as semi-automatic.

Except it's not a fkn semi auto, it's a lever action. Yeah, you can repeat fire quickly if you're any good, same as with a pump action, but the average mug would still need to steady the weapon and re-aim after loading each shell.

If the problem is how many shells the magazine contains, fine. Magazine size is already restricted (although not difficult to overcome if you know how) but stop misrepresenting a manually loading gun as a semi auto, phucktards.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/flood-of-adler-a110-model-shotguns-into-victoria-prompts-calls-for-ban/news-story/fc6da04c3d517bd57695ad2404dfd648

Faster to fire 6 shells from a double barrel. Also impossible to cut down into a sawn off which is by far the most popular shotgun for criminals. Gun control is getting ridiculous, but then that's what it's all about, not guns but control. They just wait a few years then creep the control even further along.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Imagine a world with no guns, no bombs...just sayin!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:22 pm

think positive wrote:
Imagine a world with no guns, no bombs...just sayin!

There was once, and people were even more violent to each other than they are now.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:21 pm

Wokko wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Shit reporting.

Examples

Quote:

Quote:

Faster to fire 6 shells from a double barrel. Also impossible to cut down into a sawn off which is by far the most popular shotgun for criminals. Gun control is getting ridiculous, but then that's what it's all about, not guns but control. They just wait a few years then creep the control even further along.

I've got a short barrelled (legal) double barrell. I'd back that loaded with slugs against some dick with a lever action

partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:29 am

think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:

Cheers mate, thank you, I'm thinking of you, good luck with the surgery, all the best xxxxx

Its all over, im in a great hospital, just pressed the more pain relief button instead of the nurse call button. All positive so far xxx
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:31 am

partypie wrote:
think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:

Its all over, im in a great hospital, just pressed the more pain relief button instead of the nurse call button. All positive so far xxx

Haha, cheers, that's great news, hope you recover nice and fast, a good win this afternoon would help, not to close, don't want you busting any stitches! Xxxxx

partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:47 am

think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:
think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:

Haha, cheers, that's great news, hope you recover nice and fast, a good win this afternoon would help, not to close, don't want you busting any stitches! Xxxxx

Thanks - After a big day and a long drive, and then watching the game last friday, i took a valium!
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:51 pm

What pisses me off?

Thinking about my twenties and how they weren't even close to what I wanted them to be.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 618, 619, 620 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 619 of 719   

Jump to: